Q of the week: How do I remove dog slobber from tinted windows?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Haha seriously. I just keep smearing it around on the windows. :confused:
I've always used the Sprayway Glass Cleaner (same stuff the Ford dealers use). Should I try a different brand? My pup has made a complete mess of my rear windows in my Fusion.

Pics of said pup.
cb0ef93b072945066e42ec107b0f6452.jpg
1bb8a86da1470f3561d1244bfb271cd3.jpg
19bf83e1062572130dc71ac95e3f9e66.jpg

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I would just use warm water and a micro fiber. A bit of elbow jizz.

Great pics and pooch!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Hit it twice with all purpose cleaner and then your glass cleaner.

Buff with a dry towel afterwards.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Found this using Google.

How to Remove Dog Saliva From Car Windows

Dogs are some of the most lovable creatures in the world, and despite flaws like excessive slobbering, pet owners around the world are happy to share their car with their dog. After the ride is over, the problem is that slimy film left on the car windows. Try these techniques to get rid of dog saliva and never let anything get in the way of another ride with Fido again.

Step 1
Clean the windows as soon as possible. The longer the saliva stays on the window, the harder it is to remove and more likely it is to cause stains on the window. Tinted windows tend to stain easier than untreated windows because the film is on the inside of the car, and the saliva sits on the film causing stains rather than on the window itself.

Step 2
Mix vinegar and water in equal parts in a spray bottle and use it like standard window cleaner. The vinegar helps to cut through dog slobber and remove any stains left.

Step 3
Dip a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser in hot water and squeeze out the excess. Scrub the window. If any dog slobber remains, spray with the vinegar and water mixture and use the sponge to scrub the solution on the window to remove the rest of the slobber.

Step 4
Use a rag to wipe Pine Sol on the windows. Allow the cleaner to remain on the window for a few minutes and rise with warm water. Finish with window cleaner to remove any of the cloudy film that remains and get a streak free finish.

Spray Goo-Gone on the windows. This cleaner, designed to remove sticky substances, also helps remove thick and stubborn dog slobber and helps to remove stains. Rinse the windows with warm water and finish with window cleaner.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Found this using Google.

How to Remove Dog Saliva From Car Windows

Dogs are some of the most lovable creatures in the world, and despite flaws like excessive slobbering, pet owners around the world are happy to share their car with their dog. After the ride is over, the problem is that slimy film left on the car windows. Try these techniques to get rid of dog saliva and never let anything get in the way of another ride with Fido again.

Step 1
Clean the windows as soon as possible. The longer the saliva stays on the window, the harder it is to remove and more likely it is to cause stains on the window. Tinted windows tend to stain easier than untreated windows because the film is on the inside of the car, and the saliva sits on the film causing stains rather than on the window itself.

Step 2
Mix vinegar and water in equal parts in a spray bottle and use it like standard window cleaner. The vinegar helps to cut through dog slobber and remove any stains left.

Step 3
Dip a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser in hot water and squeeze out the excess. Scrub the window. If any dog slobber remains, spray with the vinegar and water mixture and use the sponge to scrub the solution on the window to remove the rest of the slobber.

Step 4
Use a rag to wipe Pine Sol on the windows. Allow the cleaner to remain on the window for a few minutes and rise with warm water. Finish with window cleaner to remove any of the cloudy film that remains and get a streak free finish.

Spray Goo-Gone on the windows. This cleaner, designed to remove sticky substances, also helps remove thick and stubborn dog slobber and helps to remove stains. Rinse the windows with warm water and finish with window cleaner.

I saw that, and wasnt brave enough to try most of that on tint.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Have you done this before and it worked?
One of my first jobs was detailing cars, we would frequently get cars that were so dirty glass cleaner was ineffective.

If they were bad enough with slobber or that film from smokers, we would hit it with our all purpose cleaner first and then glass cleaner afterwards.

It also helps using a damp cloth with the cleaner initially. Get your towel wet and ring out all the water you can.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
One of my first jobs was detailing cars, we would frequently get cars that were so dirty glass cleaner was ineffective.

If they were bad enough with slobber or that film from smokers, we would hit it with our all purpose cleaner first and then glass cleaner afterwards.

It also helps using a damp cloth with the cleaner initially. Get your towel wet and ring out all the water you can.

All purpose cleaner is safe on tint? That's the part I'm scared off, otherwise I'd just hit it with a razor blade.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
he's definitely taking a dump in that picture isn't he

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
All purpose cleaner is safe on tint? That's the part I'm scared off, otherwise I'd just hit it with a razor blade.
I don't ever recall there being a complaint that we damaged window tint, ever. We used to get complaints for absolutely everything that were obviously not from us.

With that said we did use commercial products supplied by ZEP, for the life of me I can't remember the name of our all purpose cleaner right now. I'll keep thinking about it.

I definitely used all purpose cleaner (diluted meguairs APC) on my sisters explorer with tinted windows and never noticed a problem.

If you do decide to go for it, try out a hidden spot with a light dilution.

I would probably personally stay away from a magic eraser though, I have never tried it but those do rely on abrasion to clean.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
If you want, I'll spray down my back passenger side window and take before and after photos on my truck.

It's kind of a tow truck/beater and the tint job isn't great so I'm not worried about it.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Windows tinted? If not perhaps a razor blade to cut the heavy stuff off...then a glass cleaner. You could try to steam it off if you have a steamer, that would blast it right off.

You also may have to use a glass cleaner/APC soaked rag and let it dwell on the dried slobber to let it loosen it up some.

Also could try some protein remover, like Megs D116 or Renny Doyles double black enzyme remover.

Users who are viewing this thread