Question about an Ex

Solopony

Established Member
It's been 8 months since my ex and I broke up(approx 2 year relationship). We have completely lost contact. We didn't even contact each other during the holidays. It wasn't a gorry breakup or anything but she just decided it needed to over out of the blue. I have dated other girls but no spark was there(maybe I didn't let one grow). I just still think about her a lot and all the cliche getting over an ex saying don't help at all. So here's my question. I'd like to get back with her or at least talk with her to see if she's happy. Should I try to do something special for her on Valentines day to get back on her map? Would that be creepy?

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
on valentines day, yeah it'd be creepy. i'd just talk to her sometime soon...otherwise it'd be way too transparent as to what your there for. The cliche of getting back with your ex on v-day is extremely overrated.

just get in touch with her somehow and bring it on EASY. Don't make it sound either desperate, nor apathetic. Just friendly. Work from there.

never lay all your cards out on the table unless your truely ready for any and everything bad that can happen...to happen.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
It's been 8 months since my ex and I broke up(approx 2 year relationship). We have completely lost contact. We didn't even contact each other during the holidays. It wasn't a gorry breakup or anything but she just decided it needed to over out of the blue. I have dated other girls but no spark was there(maybe I didn't let one grow). I just still think about her a lot and all the cliche getting over an ex saying don't help at all. So here's my question. I'd like to get back with her or at least talk with her to see if she's happy. Should I try to do something special for her on Valentines day to get back on her map? Would that be creepy?

Send her a nice bouquet of flowers for Valentine's day. Sign it from her boss. It's even more entertaining if he's/she's married.

02reaper

Established Member
Once you find someone else to take her place, you won't have that feeling about her anymore. Just let her go.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Let it be dude. Its just part of life. We all have one of those stories. Get over it and move on like she has. Contacting her out of the blue will only make you look like a sad looser in her eyes and reasure her she made the right choice. Its one thing if you just ran into her out of the blue one day, that would be normal and give you the closure you seem to need to move on. Having a hot chick swinging from your nuts at that time would make you feel better but not needed. Whatever you do dont drive by her house to see what shes up to. Now that is the highest level of creepyness there is. When you break up with someone it should be as if that person died and is gone. 'That girl' in my life got back with her ex after we splt, got engaged then split right before the wedding losing thousands. She did eventually get married, had 2 kids, and now is divorced living in a tiny house and doesnt have squat. I actually caught her parents diving by my house (in another state) while I was out doing yard work. I stopped them to say hi and they claimed that they were just out Sunday driving looking at all the big houses. Now THAT feels good! So see it gets better! Hang in there.

Last edited:

DrivenVA

Established Member
Definitely don't contact her on Valentine's Day. After not having spoken in 8 months, it will positively wreak of desperation. If you really want to go this route, I would think contact would have to be VERY casual. Like a 3 line email just asking how she's doing. If she wants to be friends, she'll respond with more detail.

Chopin

Seeker of Truth
Established Member
DUDE!!!

Grow some balls!!! ... and some brains!!!

She dumped you because someone else started pumping that ass. If you wanna go beg her for sloppy seconds, be my guest! Otherwise, let her go. You will find someone new in time.

u n v kenny

Established Member
Be prepared for anything.

I'm going through somewhat of the same thing and it's leaning more towards my favor. But it's still hard. Love will never be easy (wow I sound like a pussy)

Anyways, I say give it one last night. If it works, congrats, if it doesn't; eventually you'll move on and realized when you meet the right girl.

Just don't live you life saying to youself; "What if...."

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
Find a new girl. Only wussies go crawling back. Go ask out the next hot girl you see and take it from there. Girls are expendable and replaceable. But your cars are the only thing "dependable".

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Definitely don't contact her on Valentine's Day. After not having spoken in 8 months, it will positively wreak of desperation. If you really want to go this route, I would think contact would have to be VERY casual. Like a 3 line email just asking how she's doing. If she wants to be friends, she'll respond with more detail.

If you desparately have to contact her, follow this advice. Of course, if you desparately have to contact her, you should probably get help. Or get laid...

Find another girl to make you forget about your ex. She's your ex for a reason obviously. Why would you wanna get back with a girl that ended your relationship for no reason? My ex and I had stages of talking and fighting after we broke up, messed around a bit, and I really thought about getting back together. In the end, I decided I liked being single more than I wanted to get back with her. Now I've got someone else and my ex has broken all contact with me.

stocksvtcontour

Established Member
sounds like someone else was piihb and she decided that his was better than yours. Let her go, find a new nice piece. One day you will thank me
:)

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Move on. Even if you did get back with her she'd leave you again. If they do it once, they'll do it again.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
If you have known a woman when she was "broken" and you break up, regardless of how she has changed she will always be "broken" to you.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member

Whats up with all these pussified dudes on this forum? Dude she dumped your ass... if you come crawling back saying "oh baby please go back out with me" your going to be looking even more pathetic then you did when she dumped your ass. If you want her back the best thing to do is go out to someplace you know where she will be with some hot ass chicks to make her jelous. Thats the only way man... god bless your soul and get some balls man.

Users who are viewing this thread