Question about an Ex

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
It's been 8 months since my ex and I broke up(approx 2 year relationship). We have completely lost contact. We didn't even contact each other during the holidays. It wasn't a gorry breakup or anything but she just decided it needed to over out of the blue. I have dated other girls but no spark was there(maybe I didn't let one grow). I just still think about her a lot and all the cliche getting over an ex saying don't help at all. So here's my question. I'd like to get back with her or at least talk with her to see if she's happy. Should I try to do something special for her on Valentines day to get back on her map? Would that be creepy?

Move on....if she wanted youback in her life she would have told you by now. Start hanging with friends, go out to parties, events etc.....you'll be back in the saddle before you know it. IOW- do stuff to take your mind off of her.

03HDTruck

Established Member
Let her go. She had to have a reason to break up with you out of the blue. Just move on and get some friends with benefits if you know what I mean.

Common

Established Member
My ex broke up with me on New Years Day...idk she just wanted to do her own thing and i guess it just wasnt ment to be. It was hard being with someone for even just a year and then just stop talking to them, you get so used to having someone to talk to, someone to be with, just someone to even care about. You will prolly even dial her number not even meaning to, trust me iv done it. You will eventually get over it, it will take a while tho so be prepared...Just try to do things for you and look forward in your life. However, it is alright to see how they are doing if it didnt end harshly...Just make it a quick convo or a couple texts, just enough to see how they are doing. You dont need to make yourself look desperate even tho you might be. Letting her know you still think about her isnt a bad thing, just try to keep your distance.

Sometimes we F up and theres nothing we can do about it but look forward and try not to make the same mistakes over again. But since we are only human we will make mistakes, we will lie, we will be...well...human. Hope it helps & Good Luck

Fishing?

Juruense

Banned
Womenz are desperate with Valentine's day coming. They do not want to be alone on this fake ass holiday... Use this to your advantage grasshopper, its a target rich environment...

//absolutely do not contact your ex, that gives her the "power" and absolutely guarantees really bad results

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Either she's worth it or she's not.

I was with my EX 6 years (Junior Year HS through college) and I REALLY F'ed up quite a few times. That was it and she was gone. Tried it a few times, never worked.

Ran into each other at an airport sometime back, and it's been going great ever since. Sometimes it works, 99.6% of the time it doesn't :nonono:

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
If you haven't talked to her in 8 months, be prepared for the possibility that she's been taking it in the pooper for the past 9 months.

03R3DF1R3

Established Member
have not spoken 2 my ex in 9 months..dated for 2 1/2 years..it was really hard at first but now im with one of her former friends :)

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
hate to say it but its over move on. I like the chase to much to be tied down. enjoy life its to short to think about the past. and if she has a sister hit it, might help with getting over her:beer:

Last edited:

Thump_rrr

Established Member
D... as for the cheating thing we lived together and that wasn't possibly an option.
I hate to say it but they're probably right.
Women don't usually leave to end up alone.
They usually leave for someone else.
And if you think that she can't cheat just because you were living together you need to open up your eyes in the future.

Last edited:

Rochard

Established Member
My god, there are so many other fish in the sea - go fishing and catch yourself a better looking fish already.

If the two of you broke up it was for a reason, and there are problems there. I don't know why people put up with stuff like this. When a girlfriend gives me any flack I drop kick them to the curb. Their replacements pick up on this history quickly, understand and accept that I don't accept bs and drama in my life, and either get in line with it and they are history.

canibus

Established Member
^^^ the problem is that sometimes you hook with a chick that you actually like. most of the time it's flings and one nighters, but every once in a while you fall for one. When that one kicks you to the curb, it thrown you through a spiral. Mostly because you're unsure about why it happened so sudenly, or what you could possibly do to get her back.

I myself dated a girl for 2 1/2 years, I broke up with her and found a replacement a few days later. not once did i think about my ex. I dated the replacement for about 4 months, then she dumped me out of the blue. I really thought we had something and i really liked her. I think about her all the time. I do my best not to think about her, but at times i can't help it. She called me a few times after the breakup, asking how i was and things like that. something in her voice told me she wanted to say more but she never did, she was never one to speak up. I never told her about how i felt and how much i missed her. So i have a huge "what if" about the whole thing. I no longer know where she is or what her contacts are. my number is different so i might never see her again. sucks.

my current GF is cool, but we're not at the stage where i want to spend the rest of my life with her.

repsol

Established Member
Do what I do.I peek through the windows ,tap her phone,gps her car
and follow follow follow.beg and plead especially on holidays.
works every time

Solopony

Established Member

Already did.

But anyway I like some of the answers I've had and some of you other guys need to STFU. I mean we weren't together all summer and I spent more time with friends than I have in along time. Partied more, hit up more drag racing events and autocrossing. It's a just the feeling of regression that sucks man. I mean we lived together and I was pretty damn happy not having to go out and party every weekend. I'm really not depressed or morning over this there's just the huge WHAT IF going through my head because we are both pretty stubborn. I'm certainly not going to do anything on valentines day or put all my cards on the table but i want to make contact. We dated for 2 years but i knew her for 3 years prior to that. As for the new nani 1 night stands are great but man that's not what i'm looking for anymore. It seems the only girls I tend to meet anymore like to party too much. Thanks though guys it's always nice to know everyone has been there before.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
It seems the only girls I tend to meet anymore like to party too much.

AMEN. Great for 18. Annoying at 25 your ready to settle down. I swear that it goes in retrograde too...when your 18 you don't care for serious, only play. So who's available? That friggin girl that wants to talk and lay out under the stars...meanwhile you're trying to find a way to play-in the 6-pack in the trunk. lol.

I say give it a shot. If she shoots you down bad, screw it...move on. Never hurts to try tho. Every girl's different, some will wonder WTF your doing here again...others might be wondering what took you so long to look them up again.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread