Question for SVTP

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
My girlfriend had an interaction today at my loft that I'm not quite sure how to handle.
Her car was at my job, along with her keys so I had to buzz her in. So she called me, (I'm at work) and I buzzed her in. There are two doors that unlock once buzzed in. As she went through the first door, she was met by an older lady who asked who she was. Kasey told her she was my girlfriend and that I lived in 301. At this point in time the lady put her hand on Kasey's chest and said, I didn't ask who your boyfriend is, I asked who you were and what are you doing here?

Kasey isn't one to exaggerate, apparently it was said rudely and rather confrontational.

To my understanding, a neighbor that we both know came out around this time and asked if everything was okay to which Kasey took the opportunity to go around the lady and into the interior door of the building. Where she talked to the neighbor and continued on her way.

Kasey doesn't take confrontation well, the situation bothered her. More so the lady putting her hands on her.

We have visitors quite often, everyone does. Never have I heard or witnessed anything along these lines. She also works at a bank, it's not like she was dressed like a hooker or a hobo.

Is this something that I should broach with the lady or the board?

It's a tight nit uppity community with only 28 units. Mostly older and Kasey looks like she is 15 so we don't really fit in. I don't want to cause enough of a stink to allow the HOA to reek havoc on my life. But I also think it was uncalled for.

What say you?
Convince girlfriend to deal with it
Or discuss with neighbor or board?

slow06

Established Member
(pics of said gf):thumbsup:

I would talk to the head of the HOA, or talk to the old battleaxe yourself. I wouldn't do it in front of a lot of people and make the old lady feel like the victim. You have the right to have people over and not be questioned as long as they are not being disrespectful. Old lady needs to kick rocks.

Last edited:

KurtDog

Established Member
I'd probably let it drop unless you have status in the complex.

The HOA would probably take the old ladies side, especially if there are a lot of NIMBY types that live there. They probably want residents harassing unknowns.

You might be painting a target on yourself if you bring it up.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
I'd probably let it drop unless you have status in the complex.

The HOA would probably take the old ladies side, especially if there are a lot of NIMBY types that live there. They probably want residents harassing unknowns.

You might be painting a target on yourself if you bring it up.
That's my concern. I've only lived here since February. Love the place, people not so much. We're both younger than everyone here and I do look like a hobo so we definitely don't fit the bill.

She gets over things pretty quickly and doesn't hold a grudge. Maybe she should just be ridiculously nice to her and talk her ear off everytime she sees her.

My buddy said I should have her picket her door with a black lives matter sign. Lol

Stanger00

Established Member
Sounds like the condos I once moved in. My then GF (wife now) gave me her key so her son and I could enjoy the pool on a summer day. We were having a good time until an old lady walked into the pool with bags of trash. I ignored her until she asked me who I was and where do I live.

Like your GF I answered the same and said my GF lives in Apt such and such and we are waiting for her to get home from work at the pool.

She flew off the handle and said I was a liar and its people like me who use the pool to throw parties and play loud music. I told her to pump the brakes because we were clearly not partying or playing loud music and that you are crazy for even confronting me.

She threatened to call the cops and since I'm not on the lease I walked out of the pool and back into the apartment.

Turns out the lady was on the board for the HOA, lol. GF never heard anything from the owner and we never had a problem with the old lady after that one time.

I didn't dwell on it. So I say just let it go unless it happens again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Discuss things with your neighbor about who your gf is, then give her a lecture about personal space after you establish things.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
When my wife and I first got married we lived in a small two bedroom apartment. We had signed a 12 month lease and during the first couple of weeks my wife had a run-in with one of the other neighbors.

Long story short we were kicked out of that place so fast we were basically homeless. Is violence the answer? Probably not but for us it was and I would do it again.

I am not afraid of confrontation and I don't care what people think of me at all..

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
It sucks when people are rude. So I'm sorry for that.

But suck it up and move on. Life isn't fair. Not everyone will get along. Don't sweat the small stuff in life.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Is your GF on the lease? I don't see the issue with the neighbor making sure she belonged there. She could have done it without the contact, however be thankful that people are making sure only people who belong there are coming in and out of the building. I'd talk to teh neighbor but wouldn't take it any further than that if your GF isn't on the lease.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Why would you be mad about someone who lives there challenging a stranger? The doors are locked for a reason. Have your placed robbed once and you might appreciate that ladies action a little better. Smart thieves don't dress like hookers or hobos.

oldmodman

Established Member
If anyone at any time anyone ever puts their hand on you it would be a wise idea to immediately call the police and make a written complaint.

The first person to contact the police is generally considered to be the person in the right.

If the other woman makes her own complaint she could easily blame it all on your girlfriend and possibly even have her charged with assault (a lie).

Girlfriend should make and sign the complaint.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Introduce yourself and your gf to the lady so she knows who she is with when she comes in, and then tell her mention that now that she knows she doesn't have to physically confront yer anymore. Im sure she will figure out what you are referring to. While the concern should be appreciated, Im sure you are paying a fair sum to love there so you, nor your guests, should feel uncomfortable going there.

Last edited:

yellow03cobra

Established Member
If anyone at any time anyone ever puts their hand on you it would be a wise idea to immediately call the police and make a written complaint.

The first person to contact the police is generally considered to be the person in the right.

If the other woman makes her own complaint she could easily blame it all on your girlfriend and possibly even have her charged with assault (a lie).

Girlfriend should make and sign the complaint.
I agree with this if you want to take it that direction or just get over it. I assume the place has cameras in the entry though.

Blown 89

Established Member
Let it go. She wants a confrontation so don't give her the satisfaction.

Biff-Mach1

Established Member
Why would you be mad about someone who lives there challenging a stranger? The doors are locked for a reason. Have your placed robbed once and you might appreciate that ladies action a little better. Smart thieves don't dress like hookers or hobos.
True until you put your hands on someone. File a police report or confront the lady about her physical threat. Stand up for your girl.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
If your girl is the type of person you say she is, I would handle it like this.

Tell your girl it can be handled a few different ways but you wanted her input. You two could just wash your hands of this incident and let it go. You could file a complaint. You could talk to granny herself. Or you could introduce your girl to her and explain that your girl felt threatened.

Your girl will give input, the situation will be handled, and you score points by making her input matter in the situation. Maybe even get bum sex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Calling the cops and filing a police report is the dumbest crap I have ever heard. She put her hand as a holder so a perceived stranger wouldn't just walk on by. If you want every neighbor to hate you and have zero ****s about someone who does break into your place, call the cops. Guarantee you won't be ringing in any friends without the cops being called on THEM.

Users who are viewing this thread