Question for SVTP

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Calling the cops and filing a police report is the dumbest crap I have ever heard. She put her hand as a holder so a perceived stranger wouldn't just walk on by. If you want every neighbor to hate you and have zero ****s about someone who does break into your place, call the cops. Guarantee you won't be ringing in any friends without the cops being called on THEM.

From past experiences, i can for sure tell you that you(or the old lady in this instance) never, ever, ever touch someone. You can extend the arm as far as you want but never interrupt the path of someone, no matter what. You are better off to go and tell her that she will be reported to HOA/Police for tresspassing unless she can identify who the girlfriend is and where she lives. The minute you put your hands on someone is when you are in the wrong.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
This is a gray area OP.

If you two can get over it, try that. If not, depends on how far you want to go with this. Do you want future problems? It seems the old lady is a typical one with nothing better to do with her time and makes everything around her about her and makes it her business. You can speak to the HOA, confront the old broad directly with your girlfriend present and thank her for what she did, but, the physical portion was not needed and better not happen again with your girlfriend.

To avoid problems, play it safe.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It sucks when people are rude. So I'm sorry for that.

But suck it up and move on. Life isn't fair. Not everyone will get along. Don't sweat the small stuff in life.

This. Life is too short to waste any time on a trivial indecent such as this. At the most, if you see the old lady explain to her that it is not ok to put her hands on people. Other than that your girl needs to learn to not dwell on things little this.

Zemedici

Established Member
eh. tell your girl if it happens again old lady will be sleeping with the fishes. However I'd come let her in if she doesnt have her own way of entry, would avoid this situation entirely.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
I was at work when I posted this. I got home and talked to her, she was bothered that the lady stopped her from entering. But she also gets old cranky lady types.

She doesn't want to cause any problems, so we're just going to introduce her to the lady, call it a day.

I spoke to the neighbor briefly, he has experienced some prejudice issues there (black dude) he said when he moved in every one thought he was a football player, rapper or a drug dealer. He felt like it was because Kasey's black. I dunno, hate to think that living in downtown Atlanta but never know.

Either way, we'll squash it, keep the peace and do our thing.

Appreciate everyone's input

Oh and obligatory photo of said g/f

4e689b5469f826b7028fdf1a9996d938.jpg

Biff-Mach1

Established Member
Calling the cops and filing a police report is the dumbest crap I have ever heard. She put her hand as a holder so a perceived stranger wouldn't just walk on by. If you want every neighbor to hate you and have zero ****s about someone who does break into your place, call the cops. Guarantee you won't be ringing in any friends without the cops being called on THEM.

its not dumb, you have evidence incase something happens..so you sir sound like a push over.
The old lady should of called the police or the HOA with a description of the girl and let it be recorded by them. then the OP and his girl confront the lady introducing them selves. if it escalates after that point then you have a record.. duh! if the old lady is satisfied then you have a new neighbor!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
its not dumb, you have evidence incase something happens..so you sir sound like a push over.
The old lady should of called the police or the HOA with a description of the girl and let it be recorded by them. then the OP and his girl confront the lady introducing them selves. if it escalates after that point then you have a record.. duh! if the old lady is satisfied then you have a new neighbor!

Pushover, LOL. I am just old enough to remember that neighbors used to look out for each other. The call the police get a lawyer crap started on the coasts and infected the rest of the country. Sad how much we have lost.

Biff-Mach1

Established Member
Pushover, LOL. I am just old enough to remember that neighbors used to look out for each other. The call the police get a lawyer crap started on the coasts and infected the rest of the country. Sad how much we have lost.

a neighbor..well at least mine would monitor them and call me and the sheriff if there was someone suspicious around. has happened several times. physical confrontation would only happen if they were to enter my home or physically harm me and my family. has happened.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
You call the police and you tell the old bag if she ever touches your girl again she will be meeting her maker on an advanced time line. There are some things you let go, and some things you punch someone in the face for, and this is in the latter category. If you don't stop it now, it will only escalate.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Have your GF get 7 or 8 of her girlfriends, and introduce yourself and each one of the girls on different days as if you and she had never meet the old bag. The old bag will be so busy with her Alzhiemers treatments she won't have time to bother your girl.

Users who are viewing this thread