questions about 96 4v going in a 04 gt

justa2v

you could call it stock.
Established Member
okay, so i'm doing a 4v swap in my 04 gt. here's my question, i'm really wanting to use kooks 1 3/4" stepped to 1 7/8" long tubes. but i really don't wanna spend $1200 just to find out they won't fit.. has anyone done this swap before or know anything about it? any help would be greatly appreciated. also, will the kooks xpipe hook right up to my lm1 catback? thanks, billy.

justa2v

you could call it stock.
Established Member
i don't wanna run cheap headers. and it's a mmr900 short block, ported b heads by mmr, comp stage 3 cams, short runner intake, and a procharger f1a topping it all off. i really wanna run kooks just because of the quality and known power gains they provide.. will they fit, basically, will a 96-98 cobra long tube header fit in an 04 gt with that motor? will it clear the k and everything else?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
They will fit, but the power gains they offer are no greater than any other header, they're just more expensive.

justa2v

you could call it stock.
Established Member
oksy, i just wanted to get some backup from you guys.. i'm still debating the kooks, it is a lot of money.. what about the xpipe, will it bolt straight to my catback?

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
i would say yes your x pipe will bolt right up.. not much differnce in them.. if not, then get one for a cobra or mach1...

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
I'm running full length flowtechs with a flowtech off road X and have no problem matching to my magnaflow cat back I had before the swap.

justa2v

you could call it stock.
Established Member
okay, i'm looking at the ceramic bbks right now.
Blk4V00GT do you have a complete list of all the parts you needed to do the swap?
i have most of the parts i need already, i just wanna make sure i'm not forgetting anything.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
dont waste ur money on bbks..esp ceramic...buddy has em huge press mark in em from BBk to clean steering column..looks like junk, half the tube flow is killed, also his ceramic coating is goin to crap after 6 months...i have flowtechs non ceramic and no complaints

Users who are viewing this thread