Questions

efurlong

Established Member
56k for that vehicle is a great price. I'm not exactly small...I absolutely love my Recaro's.
Definitely get a carfax on the vehicle. Ask the service manager to run an "Oasis report" as well. That will give you it's service history. I'd negotiate as best I could, agree on a price, and put a deposit on it. It won't last.

Dragfan

Established Member
I agree with others that 56k doesn't sound bad. I found mine 3 months ago and got it from a private seller for 55k with 2500 mi. I think prices are still climbing so
56k don't sound bad. I was like you and didn't want the Recaro's, but I love these in the 2014. I didn't like the one's in the newer cars, I thought they was bolstered
to much. But I guess they are good if you're going to track the car.

RockChalk

Established Member
Just my humble opinion, and an honest observation: Kansas City is a decent sized metropolitan area. We go to lots of car events (mostly on the Kansas side state line). Only one time this year have I seen another GT500 in attendance, and it was a new 2020 GT500. Not a single S197 GT500 at any other event, and that includes the KC car museum's first cars and coffee of the season in April. Ours was the only one of what we were told was an event approaching 900+ cars in attendance. The S197 GT500 is a scarce commodity, plain and simple. Do not listen to the S550 GT500 fan boys here or on other sites. Rare bears, these S197 GT500 cars. So, the point of my rambling is that paying $56K for one of these, and an example with low mileage, seems pretty fair. You will end up with something quite special.

weazer

Established Member
Ok thanks all. I found a 14, stripe delete, ruby red, electronics package/nav, and shaker pro. All stock, 46,000 miles, will need tires though. He wants $47500

It's closer to me so I can actually go and look at it.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Ok thanks all. I found a 14, stripe delete, ruby red, electronics package/nav, and shaker pro. All stock, 46,000 miles, will need tires though. He wants $47500

It's closer to me so I can actually go and look at it.
No harm in looking and it's your money.

If the previous "a nice clean 14 with 10k miles" really is "nice" and "clean," 36K fewer miles would be worth the $8.5K premium to me.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
No harm in looking and it's your money.

If the previous "a nice clean 14 with 10k miles" really is "nice" and "clean," 36K fewer miles would be worth the $8.5K premium to me.
Agreed. 46k miles is not a thing I’d be very interested in. Not when low mile cars are out there.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Just my humble opinion, and an honest observation: Kansas City is a decent sized metropolitan area. We go to lots of car events (mostly on the Kansas side state line). Only one time this year have I seen another GT500 in attendance, and it was a new 2020 GT500. Not a single S197 GT500 at any other event, and that includes the KC car museum's first cars and coffee of the season in April. Ours was the only one of what we were told was an event approaching 900+ cars in attendance. The S197 GT500 is a scarce commodity, plain and simple. Do not listen to the S550 GT500 fan boys here or on other sites. Rare bears, these S197 GT500 cars. So, the point of my rambling is that paying $56K for one of these, and an example with low mileage, seems pretty fair. You will end up with something quite special.

OP would get something more special than throwing his money at a new Mach 1 too......just my humble opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread