Quick & easy test for belt slip.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
nice can't wait to hear back from you guys, i went to target and didn't see any i'll have to try walmart and autozone tomorrow

StangJason

Established Member
SublimeRT said:
Maybe the Procharger guys should try this... :poke: ;-)

That was a necessity when I have my Procharged 95 sorta GT. I was throwing $50 belts so after I decided to sale a couple of years after I broke the block.

csumt76

Established Member
It works... I've seen a little VHT rubbed on a belt of a blown fox body that was slipping like crazy. I think it picked up about 20 at the tires.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Just applied some, it soaks it real nice no dripping at all. I first sprayed some when the car was off then while it was running I sprayed a good amount on the belt while it was rotating around the pullies. Going out now to do some things so I'll let you know how it works when I get back. :burnout:

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
I bought some Gunk brand dressing. Was the only brand I could find. I put some on but haven't really gotten on it yet. Too hot and too much traffic this time of the day. I'll make a few highway pulls later on tonight on my way home.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Tried it today and there definatly is a noticeable diffrence.
Now I diden't rally have a big belt slip problem but I know I was slipping a little up top.
I noticed that there isen't anymore power drop off in the upper rpm range and the blower whine stays at a constant pitch (where as when it would slip the sound would change) Definatly works and I'm gonna apply some more tommarow and go at it again. For $3.00 I think this might be the best mod out there....

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
I was bored tonight so I was driving around like a jackass for a while and did some pulls. Might of helped a little. Hard to tell because the car is such a dog in the Texas heat that it always feels stronger at night. I was going to mess around some more but girl called so I had to head home.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I think I'll try this and icing down the blower and intake tonight at the track. I wanna see if I can get a new best before I yank this JUNK IRS next week.

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
I tried it last night, and I didn't really notice a big difference but I didn't have a good chance to really get on it through the gears. I just did a 2nd gear pull, and it still dropped off about one pound like it always does. On a side note for anyone who's going to try this - make sure you're careful when applying the dressing when the car's running. I just sprayed it on there w/out really paying attention to what was going on and when I was done there was crap all over the side of my car from that crap flinging off while the belt was moving. Take precaution. haha

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
I did a 4th gear pull tonight on the way to the gym and saw 14 psi. By 6k rpm it only dropped off to 13 or so. It was also still like 90 degrees out. Usually the boost drops of more in this heat so I think it helped a little. Stupid Texas...

Last edited:

GTE

Established Member
I did it a while ago & it seemed to help a little but I didn't have much slip to start with. Mine came with a WD40 style straw that made it real easy to apply it. I just put enough on to make the belt change colors from a med gray to a dark gray.

Not sure about you guys, but I swear it made the whine a little more pronounced.

Users who are viewing this thread