Quick Question Before I Buy?

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I have a Magnaflow Catback, not the Magnapacks, just normal version.

I am about to buy some Stinger mufflers but just double checking they would fit into my Magnaflow piping before I buy? The have the 2.5" tubing and the mufflers are 2.5" in / out as well. So I imagine it will fit correct?

Thanks guys

Chris

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
They should fit, even if they dont a good muffler shop will be able to strech the piping to whatever size or have adapters. I wanna say stingers are 2.5" also but I'm not positive! I was on the fence to ask if you wanted to swap my MAC for your Magnaflows, ended up going solid and have another MAC SRA catback heading my way now!

1BIGMOFO

Established Member
IMHO you should measure the length of your mufflers and compare the length of the Borla Stingers.. I have a Borla Stinger catback now so if you need me to measure / take pictures for you let me know via PM..

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
They should fit, even if they dont a good muffler shop will be able to strech the piping to whatever size or have adapters. I wanna say stingers are 2.5" also but I'm not positive! I was on the fence to ask if you wanted to swap my MAC for your Magnaflows, ended up going solid and have another MAC SRA catback heading my way now!

How do you like the solid? Love mine :beer:

IMHO you should measure the length of your mufflers and compare the length of the Borla Stingers.. I have a Borla Stinger catback now so if you need me to measure / take pictures for you let me know via PM..

The car has been in the garage back home for the last month and haven't seen it. I imagine it will work out fine. Thank you though.

I got a GREAT deal on them, so couldn't pass this time up! 30% off and free shipping!

stingers.jpg

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member

Needs control arms bad! bushings are shot, got some uppers going in wednesday when the exhaust gets here, so far I'm pretty much hating it, once I get this figured out though I think I'll be more than happy with it! Then I gotta start building it up! Gotta go 31 spline! lol money money money!

TRBO VNM

Sorry, I read that and it didn't sink in. My bad. I don't recall, but if the maggie mufflers are center in and out, you should be fine. If they are staggered, piping will probably need to be modified. Nothing a muffler shop can't handle though

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Sorry, I read that and it didn't sink in. My bad. I don't recall, but if the maggie mufflers are center in and out, you should be fine. If they are staggered, piping will probably need to be modified. Nothing a muffler shop can't handle though

No problem man. They are center in / out so I should be good. If not, a muffler shop should be able to hook me up.

Thanks for the help guys.

Jefe

Established Member

The car has been in the garage back home for the last month and haven't seen it. I imagine it will work out fine. Thank you though.

I got a GREAT deal on them, so couldn't pass this time up! 30% off and free shipping!

stingers.jpg
Woh woh where? Can I get in on this? PM me. wait thats Amazon? Thats only 1 muffler right?

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
If Stingers are 14" long with a 2.5" through muffler then yes they should bolt right up without and modding.

Word of warning I lost about 13 hp, and almost 30 lb-ft after I dropped the Magnaflow mufflers for another muffler. I won't blaming that soley on the mufflers, but but I do consider it the main factor in my HP drop. It was on the same dyno, and both runs were in very cool weather. Magnaflow mufflers always seem to produce better hp than other mufflers, and yes they do.

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
I was wondering about that JROC..ever since I had installed the Maggie catback I could tell a difference in the seat of the pants. While I do not love the Maggie sound 100%, I do like that extra SOTP difference.

Jefe

Established Member
You lost 30 ft lbs changing to Stingers? I have Bassani's right now but I thought more of a straight through muffler would be better.

Jroc

Established Member
^ Heck no, I don't care for Stingers.

M55's. I'm not blaming it all on the mufflers, but I guarentee that the Magnaflow mufflers will make noticably better #'s on the dyno than my M55's. Back in the 02/03 timeframe either MM&FF or 5.0 M&SF did a test comparing all the popular exhaust on a Mustang that wasn't even S/C'ed if I'm not mistaken, and the Magnaflow put down the most power.

M55 mufflers are essentually just a big canister with perfectly straight 2.5" pipe running throw it with a single hole maybe 5/16 in diameter on one side of it in about the center of the canister.(its easy to see why its loud) Magnaflows muffler is a smaller canister with many little hole on its pipe running throw the canister, and its pipe bends arou.d alittle bit inside the muffler.

The Magnaflow muffler actually probably produces a little more restriction, but on a Terminator thats not neccessarily a bad thing especially for its torque.

Last edited:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I have heard the Magnaflow does produce great #s on the dyno. 30lbs though? LOL damn..

The LTs I plan on installing in the next month should hopefully make up for that then.

snakezilla

Established Member
hey chris, did the stingers mufflers fit on the magnaflow? I might be doing the same. What part # muffler did you use?

Jefe

Established Member
Cut out my Bassani mufflers and welded the Stingers in. Shop had to fab up about a 3" pipe to connect it because the Stingers were that much shorter

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
hey chris, did the stingers mufflers fit on the magnaflow? I might be doing the same. What part # muffler did you use?

40842S. I am actually taking them by tomorrow or Friday to have them welded in. I imagine the shop will have to do a little fab work. Nothing major though.

Cut out my Bassani mufflers and welded the Stingers in. Shop had to fab up about a 3" pipe to connect it because the Stingers were that much shorter

Thanks for the confirmation. How much did they charge you? Also, how do they sound? :beer:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
They had to fab up a little pipe like Jefe said. Nothing major, they sound sick!

Bassani o/r x + Stingers = SEEEXX!! :rockon::rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread