Quick question

Monster Mach

Established Member
If I wanted to enlist... how quickly could I be shipped off to basic and then deployed? I'm trying to leave tomorrow if possible lol
Don't really care what branch at this point or mos. I am willing to be a bullet sponge for all I care at this point..

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
So who are you running from? Are you sure the baby is yours?

Monster Mach

Established Member
So who are you running from? Are you sure the baby is yours?

this town lol.. ready to get away... and no I'm not sure in fact its me knowing it isnt (ik u were joking but it was dead on)
Do something with my life
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

BV600

Established Member
No Problem. Really depends on what MOS you pick and if the unit you go to is coming up for rotation.
I joined July2006 and deployed June2007

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
The best answer for this will come from all your local recruiters. They could of had a guy flake out for tomorrow and you could take his spot. As far as deployement, that entirely depends on unit rotations and would be hard to tell.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
If you don't care about the branch or MOS and really just want to get deployed as quickly as possible then Army, and get a transportation MOS. That or an engineer support MOS or 12B. I say this because the combat forces are starting to draw down but logistics is still very much needed and who is going to clear the roads? Combat engineers. Who is going to close out all the bases and FOB's? Engineers and logistics.

However, I HIGHLY advice against making big commitments like military service in such a hurry. Picking a job just to get away and deploy quickly is not the right path. 1, what do you think you will enjoy doing. 2, will it give you any special skill that could benefit you once you get out.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
However, I HIGHLY advice against making big commitments like military service in such a hurry. Picking a job just to get away and deploy quickly is not the right path. 1, what do you think you will enjoy doing. 2, will it give you any special skill that could benefit you once you get out.

Best advise ever.

Don't be stupid. Have a plan and goal in life. Otherwise, your no good to anyone, yourself included.

Another thing to keep in mind, the military is drawing down forces. Meaning they are being very selective in who they are taking.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
If I wanted to enlist... how quickly could I be shipped off to basic and then deployed? I'm trying to leave tomorrow if possible lol
Don't really care what branch at this point or mos. I am willing to be a bullet sponge for all I care at this point..

Easy killer- if you are going to ship you might as well make it worth your while. I can speak for the Corps but I'm sure there are other branches that have similar programs. There are some MOS's that are offering 4-6k signing bonuses (Comm Elec Maint, and Forward observer" come to mind. There are some RS's that are offering shipping bonuses of 3-4k as well. Hell if you are going to enlist might as well make it worth your while!!

GL

SnakePitRacing

Big Nerd
Established Member
Yikes. Talk about hitting the nail on the head. Lady problems, huh? Im with pretty much everyone else on this post. You may feel like you wanna run away from your problem, but you may be making it worse. Perhaps getting your head straight before joining the military would be best. I suggest maybe a change of city/state? As far as your initial question, I'd say from walking into the recruiter to shipping off to basic training, minimum of 3 months. Good luck, brother. Think before you act...

Monster Mach

Established Member
Yikes. Talk about hitting the nail on the head. Lady problems, huh? Im with pretty much everyone else on this post. You may feel like you wanna run away from your problem, but you may be making it worse. Perhaps getting your head straight before joining the military would be best. I suggest maybe a change of city/state? As far as your initial question, I'd say from walking into the recruiter to shipping off to basic training, minimum of 3 months. Good luck, brother. Think before you act...

Enlistment has been on me for a long time.. I just need the kick in the ass to do it.. I think this is the kick in the ass.. I have signed up just waiting for physical results (I thought they were instant but I'm healthy anyway) so I can proceed.. as for moving away.. I did that but money won't allow that again and this will not only earn me money but open up doors when I get out

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Enlistment has been on me for a long time.. I just need the kick in the ass to do it.. I think this is the kick in the ass.. I have signed up just waiting for physical results (I thought they were instant but I'm healthy anyway) so I can proceed.. as for moving away.. I did that but money won't allow that again and this will not only earn me money but open up doors when I get out

What service department and what job specialty are you looking to get into?

clbailey

Established Member
Do the shortest enlistment possible. I made the mistake of signing up 5 years ago for a 6 year enlistment for an extra stripe that means nothing.

stangaholic280

Established Member
Whatever decision you make...make sure you sleep on it long and hard. Using the military as an out for your problems is generally not a good idea.

I've made a lot of rash decisions in my life that were just not thought out very well because I was pissed off at something or someone and the majority of them have come at a price.

If you want to serve your country and do something great with you life, I highly encourage that...just make sure that you are ready and set yourself up for success!

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Monster,
I woke up one morning in 1989 and told myself, enough is enough. I went to the local recruiter asked to join, took the ASVAB in the first available slot, discussed the results with the recruiter and chose 31K (combat signaler). Had first duty station of choice and GI Bill and added College Fund in Basic. I was gone within a month. Never looked backed.

You do what you feel you need to do but understand you are making commitment to the US, the Army and yourself. It takes internal fortitude and a lot of work to be a Soldier. Make your decisions based on what you know NOT what your recruiter tells you. If he said it and you agree have it put in the contract.

Ask questions. To both your recruiter and this thread.

Good luck and keep us updated.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
And this whole time I thought you were hardcore with your cute little combat shirt...:D:D:D

LOL. That was my first MOS. I also was a 13F before I became a commissioned FA officer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread