Quick question

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
I saw one driving around the day it snowed, had a good coat of the cold stuff all over it. Did not expect to see a GT500 driving in the little bit of snow we had. (not to hijack the thread) but since the svtp members from Lawton are out in force, know of any good trans shops in town? I bought an 03 cobra last weekend and want to swap the clutch out. I don't want to go to Billingsly because they wont install anything thats not a ford part (going spec 3). Have you heard anything about southwest transmission? Heres a pic of my new cobra, I'll be driving it around post after next weekend:
45978359.jpg

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
I saw one driving around the day it snowed, had a good coat of the cold stuff all over it. Did not expect to see a GT500 driving in the little bit of snow we had. (not to hijack the thread) but since the svtp members from Lawton are out in force, know of any good trans shops in town? I bought an 03 cobra last weekend and want to swap the clutch out. I don't want to go to Billingsly because they wont install anything thats not a ford part (going spec 3). Have you heard anything about southwest transmission? Heres a pic of my new cobra, I'll be driving it around post after next weekend:
45978359.jpg

We might want to move this to the A Taste of Home but...

Nice Cobra. I like the color.

I really hate to say this and hopefully someone can step in and correct me. I would not let ANYONE in Lawton touch my car. I had warranty work done on my 08 Bullitt by Billingsly and they ended up installing a new trans. When I went to p/u the car, the linkage from the stick to the trans snapped. They had the gall to blame me for it because it was a short throw and accused me of installing it to void the warranty work. I had the work order in my car and showed it to them and they went ooooo.. They forgot when I bought the car, I had them install the short throw. They are not SVT certified, you have to to Wichita Falls for one. Southwest Trans, if I remember correctly, did some work for one of my supervisors but he ended getting rid of the car soon after anyway. IMHO, it is very difficult to find a business here in Lawton that is both honest and does good work. Someone, please correct me.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
You guys did some awesome work for me in Baghdad in '09. After hitting a couple IED's, we had you guys help out with route clearance and taking out a few small bridges.

Best one was the house they demo'd for us after we found lots of explosives on site. Hell of a nighttime fireball. :rockon::rockon:

Route clearance is pretty much all we do these days. ****ing hate route clearance. Damn unconventional war changing everybody's roles and blurring the lines of combat. When these wars end we will have a pretty rough transition from a discipline and conventional mindset standpoint.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
We might want to move this to the A Taste of Home but...

Nice Cobra. I like the color.

I really hate to say this and hopefully someone can step in and correct me. I would not let ANYONE in Lawton touch my car. I had warranty work done on my 08 Bullitt by Billingsly and they ended up installing a new trans. When I went to p/u the car, the linkage from the stick to the trans snapped. They had the gall to blame me for it because it was a short throw and accused me of installing it to void the warranty work. I had the work order in my car and showed it to them and they went ooooo.. They forgot when I bought the car, I had them install the short throw. They are not SVT certified, you have to to Wichita Falls for one. Southwest Trans, if I remember correctly, did some work for one of my supervisors but he ended getting rid of the car soon after anyway. IMHO, it is very difficult to find a business here in Lawton that is both honest and does good work. Someone, please correct me.

Agree in entirety. Crows on Cache road used to have several excellent mechanics there but I've heard the place went bust. They did the transmission in my 83 GT and it was bulletproof.

Billingsley? Yeah, don't get me started. Lets just say I had to take legal action on them a couple years back for a terrible job they did on something of mine.

But, to help, there is a shop in Altus called Tripps automotive. He used to work at some high end Ford SVT dealership and is a wizard with all things Ford. He did my clutch in my Cobra when I killed it last year. Took him 4 hours and I was good to go. Rebuilt the trans in my 97 Thunderbird as well.

He has also rebuilt two engines for friends of mine with zero issue. Great guy and has competitive rates and Under what everyone else may charge. 580-379-4445. You have to make an appointment to get your car in but that will be the only thing they work on so the downtime is minimal.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
45978359.jpg

Damn good lookin Cobra! More pics!

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
I'm planning on doing a shoot some time, these are all pics from the Vince, the guy I bought it from.
54707908.jpg

24472174.jpg

img1540dn.jpg

418772_10150771951032646_729357645_12273241_2129641317_n.jpg

429237_10150771951607646_729357645_12273242_2002335026_n.jpg

407971_10150769318817646_729357645_12265187_126735838_n.jpg

I'll have to give that guy in Altus a call. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
I'm planning on doing a shoot some time, these are all pics from the Vince, the guy I bought it from.
54707908.jpg

24472174.jpg

img1540dn.jpg

418772_10150771951032646_729357645_12273241_2129641317_n.jpg

429237_10150771951607646_729357645_12273242_2002335026_n.jpg

407971_10150769318817646_729357645_12265187_126735838_n.jpg

I'll have to give that guy in Altus a call. Thanks for the info!

That is one SWEET Cobra. Hope to see it on the road sometime. :beer:

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
That'd be awesome beerdog! Thanks for the compliments. I'm picking it up next weekend (bought it last weekend, seller lives in TX). Dropped my pass paperwork to go outside the radius to get it, cant wait to go pick it up and start logging some miles!

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
That'd be awesome beerdog! Thanks for the compliments. I'm picking it up next weekend (bought it last weekend, seller lives in TX). Dropped my pass paperwork to go outside the radius to get it, cant wait to go pick it up and start logging some miles!

I'm in Lawton usually once a week and the range and some areas on post are great photo-op areas.

I also spot a Foxbody in the garage. Someone locally was selling a late 80s/early 90's Fox drag car recently. Looked clean in the pictures, similar to whats in his garage. Wonder if it's the same guy.

Just make sure you have a backup plan to get back in time should something happen to the car. Keep your phone charged and everyone you need to call phone number in it.

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
Good advice, thanks. I don't like the way it engages for daily driving so I'm going to swap it out for something a little more streetable.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
quoted so he can't come in and delete this shit since it is about to bite him in the ass.

If I wanted to enlist... how quickly could I be shipped off to basic and then deployed? I'm trying to leave tomorrow if possible lol
Don't really care what branch at this point or mos. I am willing to be a bullet sponge for all I care at this point..

this town lol.. ready to get away... and no I'm not sure in fact its me knowing it isnt (ik u were joking but it was dead on)
Do something with my life
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Enlistment has been on me for a long time.. I just need the kick in the ass to do it.. I think this is the kick in the ass.. I have signed up just waiting for physical results (I thought they were instant but I'm healthy anyway) so I can proceed.. as for moving away.. I did that but money won't allow that again and this will not only earn me money but open up doors when I get out

I'm looking at the army and I'm trying to get into something to do with telecom

Monster Mach

Established Member
quoted so he can't come in and delete this shit since it is about to bite him in the ass.

Congrats.. I said nothing more than I wanted to get away from this town and open up doors even stating money wasn't the issue for me wanting to do it.. thank you for further prooving MY point and not yours

Oceanside78

Established Member
I did the exact same thing 4 yrs ago. I look back and realize life wasn't that bad. But, I have done well for myself and have succeeded in the Army by staying squared away, motivated, and always tried my best. I've promoted quickly and have no regrets. With that being said, if you do this and end up not liking it and turd out, it will be the worst years of your life. So, do what you feel is necessary, but I assure you it's not THAT bad. All in all, join to serve, not run away. And if you do, do it full throttle and be motivated as hell and squared away to boot. I have 6 soldiers under me, 3 are brand new, and they are some of the worst soldiers ive ever seen. Take basic seriously because you will use and apply those skills later on. Absorb as much as you can and do what your told, when your told.

Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread