quieting down a bypass valve

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
checking to see what price we can get on our corporate account at two distributors before going to ebay. Ordering the coupler now though

@blazen71 Im assuming the 2.35" end goes on the BRRV - thoughts on a 2.5" working? the elbow you linked is $19 but either $20 or $30 shipping... I see plenty of 2-2.5" ones.

Last edited:

Adower

Established Member
checking to see what price we can get on our corporate account at two distributors before going to ebay. Ordering the coupler now though

@blazen71 Im assuming the 2.35" end goes on the BRRV - thoughts on a 2.5" working? the elbow you linked is $19 but either $20 or $30 shipping... I see plenty of 2-2.5" ones.
Same thought.

Adower

Established Member

Can I get in on the corporate pricing?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Can I get in on the corporate pricing?
I'll let ya know what it is, sometimes it's good and sometimes it isn't
Are you guys trying to pinch pennies on a car you've spent thousands and thousands on?

absolutely. I've saved a lot buying stuff used, buying it on sale etc... $20 for shipping to get it in a month or $20 to get it in two weeks - that just rubs me the wrong way. If I can buy the muffler at decent price through our rep and just go pick it up local I like that option if the cost is similar.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Good luck. I've done all i can do for you.

oh dont get me wrong, i definitely appreciate it. Im gonna look through my box o junk at home, I may have a 2.5" silicone connector laying around I can check for fitment on the brrv outlet.

96dreamer

Established Member
I had no intent on changing my setup but now I'm looking into recirculating bypass valves to replace my 50mm Tial Q series. Thanks.....

blazen71

Midnight Marauder
Established Member
Here is an eBay link for the first one I used. It is quieter but flows less. If you have a small S/C pulley running a lot of boost this may not be the one for you.

Adower

Established Member
Here is an eBay link for the first one I used. It is quieter but flows less. If you have a small S/C pulley running a lot of boost this may not be the one for you.

I purchased the other one you posted. Thanks for posting this one.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i just grabbed the other one, vendor hadn't called me back and I dont have time to screw around with it

omj

Established Member
I had no intent on changing my setup but now I'm looking into recirculating bypass valves to replace my 50mm Tial Q series. Thanks.....
Have you found anything that fits the Tial flange and has a recirc outlet? I swapped to a Tial QR and it caused compressor surge. The outlet is way too small.

blazen71

Midnight Marauder
Established Member
I searched in the past and couldn't find anything? You'll prob have to bite the bullet and get a BPV with a 2" outlet like a Vortech Mondo or Procharger Big Red Race and weld on the appropriate flange.

96dreamer

Established Member
Have you found anything that fits the Tial flange and has a recirc outlet? I swapped to a Tial QR and it caused compressor surge. The outlet is way too small.
Turbosmart makes one but they are proud of it, Big Bubba BPV 'By-Pass Valve' BOV (Sleeper)

Edit: Just saw Turbosmart released a recirculation version of the raceport this year too. GenV RacePort Plumback Valve (Sleeper) Female Suit Supercharger

Tial also has the QRJ which doesn't flow as much as the Q series but quite a bit more than the QR.

Last edited:

blazen71

Midnight Marauder
Established Member
The Big Bubba Sleeper is pretty slick. If that would have been available at the time I bought my Procharger BPV I prob would have got the Bubba instead. Speaking of Turbosmart, if anyone wants to make a pre and post muffler BOV setup like I did, their BOV controller is the quality version of my cheap $50 eBay controller. The controller I have is the China copy. The ebay version has a rheostat for TPS sensitivity only. The Turbosmart has a rheostat for TPS sensitivity and activation duration. And again, if I would have known this was available I would have got this one instead of the Ebay China version. Oh well, my setup works great, (for now).

Blow Off Valve Controller Kit - Controller and Hardware Only (No BOV Included)

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
this one fits for $20 and free shipping on amazon - the 2" - 2.5". The narrow side is tight fit on the BRRV outlet, I sprayed some foaming window cleaner in there to help slide it on and then on the outside to get the clamp to slide over. The clamp is a tight fit, either take the nut completely off and put it on or back it off halfway (only threaded half way into the nut) and you can get it slide up.

I'll swap valves around here in the next couple days and see how it sounds, that muffler is definitely much heavier than I was expecting. Im wondering if it'll start flopping around a bit after some heat cycles on the silicone elbow so probably try to zip tie it something just to be on the safe side

Users who are viewing this thread