R Lee...dead

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just read about it in the news this morning. Rest in peace, Gunny! Rest in peace.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
He was a DI. If I remember correctly, he was the technical advisor for FMJ and when he was showing the actor how to be a DI the directors gave him the job.

Its my understanding that the whole scene in the beginning of FMJ was improv’d by him as well. The director had him read the script and he said it wasn’t even close to what it should sound like. So he let him just go of the cuff. I wanna say that was his first try and they kept it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Its my understanding that the whole scene in the beginning of FMJ was improv’d by him as well. The director had him read the script and he said it wasn’t even close to what it should sound like. So he let him just go of the cuff. I wanna say that was his first try and they kept it. Lol

This is correct.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

and Kubrick was normally a control freak that did not allow improv, but he deferred to R. Lee on these scenes and the Gunny usually nailed the scene in 2-3 takes...

SirShaun

Established Member
Damn. I enjoyed most everything he was in. Lets talk about the real killer though, pneumonia, wow.

Users who are viewing this thread