Race Star Wheels

gizz8699

Established Member
Is anyone running the race star wheels on there 500? 15/10 (rear) 17/4.5 (Front). If so,did you have any issues with the front wheels fitting? I know the rear needs relocation of sway bar, but curious about the front wheels. I was told by HTP Motorsports that they fit but i think I saw somewhere they needed a 1" spacer to fit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
I'm getting mine in tomorrow. I will post up pics. The only negative thing I have heard is they are a pain to put on with the offset washer design.

Last edited:

gizz8699

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. I found a pretty good deal on a set of these just wanted to make sure they would fit. RW, Please post pics and info when you get them on.:beer:

bossnova3

Established Member
Where's the best place to
a set of the race star I would like to get one for my car also any size specifics would be appreciated

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
call Hurricane Performance or HTP Motorsports they are both offering deals on them now from what I recently saw posted elsewhere

Last edited:

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
Did you get the wheels yet?:burnout:

Yes I did! I had the tires mounted today. I am installing them tomorrow. I got mine from htp(http://www.htpmotorsports.com/cars.html) give them a call if any one is interested in a set. Looking forward to seeing how they look on the car and running it this weekend with them. I will get some pics up when they are on the car. Mine should look a lot like the one above:banana:

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I was thinking 325/50/15 rear and 185/55/17 front for tires. Will this be fine you think without needing a spacer?

I dont think you should. I've never heard of anyone needing a spacer. a few guys chose to run on for the look only.

BigDan

Established Member
I had to use a spacer because the 325's were rubbing the frame/ inner wheel house where it sticks out a little at the 12 o'clock position.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I had to use a spacer because the 325's were rubbing the frame/ inner wheel house where it sticks out a little at the 12 o'clock position.
interesting, I had not read that issue at all

gizz8699

Established Member
Yes I did! I had the tires mounted today. I am installing them tomorrow. I got mine from htp(HTP Motorsports) give them a call if any one is interested in a set. Looking forward to seeing how they look on the car and running it this weekend with them. I will get some pics up when they are on the car. Mine should look a lot like the one above:banana:

So how do you like the wheels? Did you need any spacers? Do you have any pics? Sorry for all the questions just curious,because I really like these wheels. Thanks for the info.

bossnova3

Established Member
Hey just wanted to see any close-up pics of the race stars on a 2007-09 gt500 just wanted to get a better view of how the look!!!! Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread