Race Star Wheels

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
The washers are not hard to mount, it just takes common sense to do it. This was my laugh the other night while mounting mine for the first time. In my head, I was constantly reciting everyone's post about how hard they were to mount the first time. It was so easy, my 14 year old son could have done it.

Is it so hard to figure out you should rotate the wheel so that the lug you are installing the washer on is at the 6 o'clock position? Let gravity do it's job people and stop complaining how hard it is to install the wheels the first time.

OK, rant over...lol

AussieGT-P

Help, i need inside dimensions for rear wheels!

Hi Guys, I hope somebody can help me, I live in Australia and i have a FPV GT-P (Flagship model Ford over here) ive got a set of 17x4.5 front dragstars and they fit over my front 355mm 6 piston brembos (only just) now i need rears, but i really want to run a 15x8.5 but im not sure if they fit over the 4 piston rear 330mm brakes, I might have to run a 17x8.5 but i really wanted a 15x8.. can somebody who has the wheels get me some internal measurements of the rim so i can double check the clearances before ordering, i'd hate to order the wrong ones.. and i would be very greatful..

ive attached some pictures for some people if they are interested of the car.

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

Car is a 2006 FPV GT-P
it has a 5.4L Boss290 mated to a zf 6 speed auto
its also supercharged and intercooled, at 7psi it makes 480rwhp..

98110238.jpg

Grabber_Blue

Established Member
Hi Guys, I hope somebody can help me, I live in Australia and i have a FPV GT-P (Flagship model Ford over here) ive got a set of 17x4.5 front dragstars and they fit over my front 355mm 6 piston brembos (only just) now i need rears, but i really want to run a 15x8.5 but im not sure if they fit over the 4 piston rear 330mm brakes, I might have to run a 17x8.5 but i really wanted a 15x8.. can somebody who has the wheels get me some internal measurements of the rim so i can double check the clearances before ordering, i'd hate to order the wrong ones.. and i would be very greatful..
IMO, forget the Race Star wheels and have a serious look at the non-unilug Weld RT-S series. I'm now racing on 15x10 medium pad height and 17x4.7 high pad height. They have a S71 15x8.25 with your choice of low or medium pad height centers; 5x4.50, 5x4.75 or 5x5 bolt pattern and 3.50, 4.50, or 5.50 backspacing. Great PDF documentation and excellent telephone tech support I might add.

HONEY BADGER

Established Member
Anyone have problem with the racestar lug nuts not screwing into the studs straight? I tried putting on my wheels for the first time and out of the ten lug nuts 4 actually were straight threads. Even damaged one of my studs in the process.

I know a lot of people are running different lug nuts and washers. Part numbers and input would be helpful.

And the relocation bracket is now making my sway bar barely rub my LCA bracket. Do any of you see this as a problem being it's barely touching?

que4dog

Established Member
Be sure that the rim is flush and centered. As noted in earlier post, start one lug at a time (at 6 o'clock position). Let gravity allow the washer to hang in the downward position and snug each lug (using the star pattern).

slowbra1

Established Member
Is anyone running the race star wheels on there 500? 15/10 (rear) 17/4.5 (Front). If so,did you have any issues with the front wheels fitting? I know the rear needs relocation of sway bar, but curious about the front wheels. I was told by HTP Motorsports that they fit but i think I saw somewhere they needed a 1" spacer to fit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Front is fine ZERO issues with the fit, just watch out for the lugs they suck seriously. I had a couple get loose and that is not a good feeling at 115 MPH

Next the rear yes you will need to relocate the sway bar up and remember if you have the SVTPP to grind the inside of the bar so it will not interfere with the lower control arm.

Also mark each side with silver pen to make sure you cut each evenly.

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
Anyone have problem with the racestar lug nuts not screwing into the studs straight? I tried putting on my wheels for the first time and out of the ten lug nuts 4 actually were straight threads. Even damaged one of my studs in the process.

I know a lot of people are running different lug nuts and washers. Part numbers and input would be helpful.

And the relocation bracket is now making my sway bar barely rub my LCA bracket. Do any of you see this as a problem being it's barely touching?

Get the McGard lug nuts for them they are much higher quality and wont mess your threads up and wind up breaking them. The lug nuts and washers that came with my racestars were crap and were very low quality. Get these lug nuts and washers come with them they will save you alot of time money and agervation with the cheap crap lugs that the wheels come with. There open ended but have a black screw in cap they look really good and you can tell big difference it the quality.

Amazon.com: McGard 63000 Chrome Racing 1.365" Shank Style Lug Nut Set (1/2" - 20 Thread Size) - Set of 4: Automotive

Last edited:

HONEY BADGER

Established Member
Get the McGard lug nuts for them they are much higher quality and wont mess your threads up and wind up breaking them. The lug nuts and washers that came with my racestars were crap and were very low quality. Get these lug nuts and washers come with them they will save you alot of time money and agervation with the cheap crap lugs that the wheels come with. There open ended but have a black screw in cap they look really good and you can tell big difference it the quality.

Amazon.com: McGard 63000 Chrome Racing 1.365" Shank Style Lug Nut Set (1/2" - 20 Thread Size) - Set of 4: Automotive

Thank man!

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
Also has anyone replaced the small screws that hold the small cub cap cover on with some that do not rust? If so where what did you use and where did you get them and pictures would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread