* Larger cross-drilled brake rotors and track-tuned linings
* Engine oil, power steering and transmission coolers
* Specific higher-grip Goodyear EMT tires with asymmetrical thread patterns
* Specific six-speed manual transmission with quicker gearing

Thankyou

Patisi

Established Member
Blue03Cobra said:
There are many, many basic pullied Terminators (with CAI, catback and tune) running ~120 MPH traps. That's PLENTY to whoop any C6, Z51 or not... Let's leave out the driver error you have obviously seen at your local track and be realistic.

And what are the Vette's numbers with similar mods? Maybe not a pulley but an S/C? Why do you assume the Vette will not be modded? Have you seen this happen at the track yet? because all I have seen is at the track is with different results.

The stock numbers from both cars indicate that the C6 Z51 is faster, with mods of course all bets are off. But a pullied Snake is not going to walk away from an '06 C6 Z51 Vette, at anytime in power band. I am sorry not happening. Please post a clear daytime video at a track not on the street where this has happened. Where we all cannot all conjure up excuses.

Have you noticed that somehow we do not put car lengths on each other at the track, somehow the gaps between the cars are always closer? Why is this?

Have you also noticed that we tend not tell stories of Terminator vs Terminator at the track or on the street? Hmmmmm why is that? How come we don't see too many kills stories of how one Cobra walked away from another Cobra? Is it that we do not see each other on the streets, or when we see each other, we choose not to run each other?

Just my thoughts. Guys chime in.

C6 Z06

Established Member
bunk22 said:
I agree having had both.

Sorry Bunk, but I have to disagree. My C6 Z51 with filter/tune and headers put down 400 RWHP. I have alot of friends with modded Cobras, and driver aside, the mods listed here would have a hard time with a stock 6SPD Z51 let alone a lightly modded one. The Cobra mods listed here against a stock C6 Z51 would be a good race though. The C6 Z51 would have to be a 6SPD, because there is a big difference between the stick and the auto C6 Z51. I own, or have owned a stick C6 Z51, auto C6, and the C6 Z06. All very different animals. :beer:

StangJason

Established Member
Patisi said:
Guys, quit tripping. I like my Terminator as much as the next guy, but it is not the end all be all of the streets. Why is it that we always assume that the other guys will not mod his Vette? I see these great numbers from Dyno Sheets etc. Man, I still have very serious doubts that a Cobra is going to walk a C6 Z51 Vette. The same reason we say the GTO/GT500 is too heavy and are pigs is the same way the Vette guys look at us, we are like pigs. The argument cuts both ways.

I have yet to see this happen at the track. Everytime I have seen a Snake run a Vette, in Fontana, Palmdale, Streets of Willow, Laguna Seca, 58FWY E and 14 FWY. The Vette has won. I have not yet seen the 06 Z06 run and I don't have to. From what I have seen the Z51 do, I have a good idea what an 06 Z06 can do.

Ok this guy's car is pullied and sprayed with a claimed 600rwhp I have no doubt he pulled a C6 Z51 Vette, a high 12 second car trapping around 112mph (average driver), by 5 car lengths when my average driving self can pull off a high 11 in just a 6lb pullied, CAI, and exhaust terminator trapping 118 and 119 (I could only imagine my times if I had any traction off the line that day)

C6 Z06

Established Member
StangJason said:
Ok this guy's car is pullied and sprayed with a claimed 600rwhp I have no doubt he pulled a C6 Z51 Vette, a high 12 second car trapping around 112mph (average driver), by 5 car lengths when my average driving self can pull off a high 11 in just a 6lb pullied, CAI, and exhaust terminator trapping 118 and 119 (I could only imagine my times if I had any traction off the line that day)

I agree, spray will do the job.

Vett-Klr

Established Member
95% of C6 owners can't drive.
I believe you whooped him but I can tell you my non Z51 trapped 117 bone stock and 120 with a set of headers.
Auto's are at least .3 slower. I would bet I could have put 5 cars on the guy you raced.
I can also tell you that Torque Managment is killing the C6's. I ran the same mods in my C5 and was runing 11.7's with 373RWHP. I have 375 RWHP and have yet to break into the 11's.
Take advantage of the C6's while you can, they have a lot of untapped potential, but they still can't match the 03-04 Cobra's for HP/Dollar.

Nice Kill :coolman:

Patisi

Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
I agree, spray will do the job.

Maybe it is me, but I have yet to see a 600RWHP Cobra. He never mentioned what he did (suspension wise) to transfer all that power to the pavement because in stock form we all know how the car behaves looking for traction with IRS issues etc, now with 200 more RWHP, there will need to have been some serious suspension work to put all that power down to the pavement. don't you agree?

Initially he forgot to mention the spray bottle, so aybe he also forgot to mention the major suspension work he did to his car too, to put all that power down. Just maybe.

bunk22

Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
Sorry Bunk, but I have to disagree. My C6 Z51 with filter/tune and headers put down 400 RWHP. I have alot of friends with modded Cobras, and driver aside, the mods listed here would have a hard time with a stock 6SPD Z51 let alone a lightly modded one. The Cobra mods listed here against a stock C6 Z51 would be a good race though. The C6 Z51 would have to be a 6SPD, because there is a big difference between the stick and the auto C6 Z51. I own, or have owned a stick C6 Z51, auto C6, and the C6 Z06. All very different animals. :beer:

I'm basing this on my times at the track. Granted different days and different tracks (comparing the 1/4 mile 1/8 mile mark vs 1/8 mile). My 03 Cobra making 440/440 at the wheels was about .4 et and 4 mph quicker in the 1/8th than my stock C6 (even correcting for the DA, still slower by about 2-3 mph). The C6 would not have made up the difference in the quarter. Beyond that, maybe? My C6 seemed to be a dog stock though and with a tune (cat-back and intake did nothing for performance), I was running just as quick as my 03 Cobra in the 1/8th and faster, corrected for the DA. A C6 tuned with long-tubes is certainly a different story, your standard pullied, tuned, exhaust, cai Cobra would have a hard time pulling one, all else being equal. Though I'm still not sold on my C6 pulling on my 03 when it had a Steig Stage IV port job, even with the headers and tune. My SOTP instinct says no but I've been wrong before........alot :burnout:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Vett-Klr said:
95% of C6 owners can't drive.
Where'd you pull that statistic out of?

Vett-Klr said:
but they still can't match the 03-04 Cobra's for HP/Dollar.
Who cares about HP per dollar. Doesn't mean sh*t if you're driving a tank.
To clarify, I'm not insinuating that the Terminator is a tank. ;-)

bunk22

Established Member
Vett-Klr said:
I believe you whooped him but I can tell you my non Z51 trapped 117 bone stock and 120 with a set of headers.

117 bone stock? What ET? Details (DA, DR's, etc) If so, you would have the fastest bone stock C6 that I've seen posted. The quickest posted has been [email protected]. Care to share that info over on corvetteforum.com if you haven't done so already? You would be an instant celebrity. By the way, your time with headers in your sig is impressive. Was that on stock tires?

Vett-Klr said:
I can also tell you that Torque Managment is killing the C6's.

Have to agree. I gained .2 et 4 mph in the 1/8th after my tune (TM eliminated) for 91 octane. There are no 1/4 miles in my area anymore :(

Last edited:

C6 Z06

Established Member
bunk22 said:
I'm basing this on my times at the track. Granted different days and different tracks (comparing the 1/4 mile 1/8 mile mark vs 1/8 mile). My 03 Cobra making 440/440 at the wheels was about .4 et and 4 mph quicker in the 1/8th than my stock C6 (even correcting for the DA, still slower by about 2-3 mph). The C6 would not have made up the difference in the quarter. Beyond that, maybe? My C6 seemed to be a dog stock though and with a tune (cat-back and intake did nothing for performance), I was running just as quick as my 03 Cobra in the 1/8th and faster, corrected for the DA. A C6 tuned with long-tubes is certainly a different story, your standard pullied, tuned, exhaust, cai Cobra would have a hard time pulling one, all else being equal. Though I'm still not sold on my C6 pulling on my 03 when it had a Steig Stage IV port job, even with the headers and tune. My SOTP instinct says no but I've been wrong before........alot :burnout:

Bunk, I think also that the C6 feels slower than it is, meaning it's so refined, it has somewhat lost the sports car feel. That, to some is a bad thing, but it sure does make you think you are slower than you are.

The TM on the C6's is a big killer for this car. Even with tuning I still think it has a strong influence on the car (not really gone) which accounts for slow times at the track in the 1/8 and then the car comes back strong in the second half of the 1/4. My C6 Z is the same and you can see it in the gains in the second half. Someone here on this forum thought I was using Spray on my 1/4 runs, because I gained 30 mph from the 1/8 to the 1/4. It's not spray, it's the lack of TM in my opinion. My best run in the C6 Z yet has been 11.0 @ 130, and that was with a tune, headers and an electric water pump. Stock runs have given 11.3 to 11.5 in the upper 120's with DR's.

A good friend's Cobra was putting down 440 to the wheels to my 400 on my C6 Z51. His car felt faster, yet on a roll I would pull him easy. At the track we both ran about the same 12.0 @ 118's for him, and 12.0 @ 118/120 for me. I would always catch him in the second half of the 1/4. :beer:

bunk22

Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
Bunk, I think also that the C6 feels slower than it is, meaning it's so refined, it has somewhat lost the sports car feel. That, to some is a bad thing, but it sure does make you think you are slower than you are.

Quite possible. Top end (anything past the quarter) may have gone to my C6 but within the confines of a drag strip, the C6 is about equal to an 03 Cobra (stock v stock). This is going by the majority of times posted for both. A tuned C6, without TM, is a different beast, as was mine.

C6 Z06 said:
A good friend's Cobra was putting down 440 to the wheels to my 400 on my C6 Z51. His car felt faster, yet on a roll I would pull him easy. At the track we both ran about the same 12.0 @ 118's for him, and 12.0 @ 118/120 for me. I would always catch him in the second half of the 1/4. :beer:

No doubt a C6 with headers and tune, usually 380-400rwhp is going to give a pullied/exhaust/tuned Cobra a run for its money. Beyond the quarter, as demonstrated in FAsankes videos, advantage C6 :beer:

Vett-Klr

Established Member
bunk22 said:
117 bone stock? What ET? Details (DA, DR's, etc) If so, you would have the fastest bone stock C6 that I've seen posted. The quickest posted has been [email protected]. Care to share that info over on corvetteforum.com if you haven't done so already? You would be an instant celebrity. By the way, your time with headers in your sig is impressive. Was that on stock tires?

I ran 12.314 @ 114.82, bone stock that was my quickest ET, I ran 117 spinning but ET was way up.
With the headers I trapped 120 but still only ran 12.05
Both were on stock tires, I usually run ET Streets but my times aren't as good due to TM.
Trust me, I'm pretty well known over there, mostly bad though :coolman:
I know at least 50 of the C5 guys personally, and hang out with them, but the C6 guys all hate me, I don't get along to well with them. For some reason most of the C6 guys think they are better than everyone else, I just don't get it, I guess I don't care either.

Corvette Forum

Vett-Klr

Established Member
FAsnakes said:
Where'd you pull that statistic out of?
That statistic is from racing every week at various tracks and seeing 13 second 400HP cars stumble down the track one after another.

FAsnakes said:
Who cares about HP per dollar. Doesn't mean sh*t if you're driving a tank.
To clarify, I'm not insinuating that the Terminator is a tank. ;-)
I care, I miss cheap mods with big impacts. A stupid cat back on a C6 will get you 0 HP and costs $1,200. We're not all as rich as you.

bunk22

Established Member
Vett-Klr said:
I ran 12.314 @ 114.82, bone stock that was my quickest ET, I ran 117 spinning but ET was way up.
With the headers I trapped 120 but still only ran 12.05
Both were on stock tires, I usually run ET Streets but my times aren't as good due to TM.
Trust me, I'm pretty well known over there, mostly bad though :coolman:
I know at least 50 of the C5 guys personally, and hang out with them, but the C6 guys all hate me, I don't get along to well with them. For some reason most of the C6 guys think they are better than everyone else, I just don't get it, I guess I don't care either.

Corvette Forum

Makes sense on the 117. A 12.314 is still outstanding. Hey, I'm a C6 guy and you're all right in my book :beer: If that means anyting :shrug: I recognize your name and avatar now.

Last edited:

Patisi

Established Member
bunk22 said:
Makes sense on the 117. A 12.314 is still outstanding. Hey, I'm a C6 guy and you're all right in my book :beer: If that means anyting :shrug: I recognize your name and avatar now.

Guys don't forget the point of the this thread was the initiator telling us he put 5 cars on a C6 Z51, which some of us doubt even with a pullied Cobra. In my opinion 5 car lengths on a Z51 willing to race is too much. He later said he was on teh bottle I believe. Do yoiu guys think it is propbable that a pullied and Bottle fed Snake can achieve this?

REPCobra10

Established Member
Patisi said:
maybe he also forgot to mention the major suspension work he did to his car too, to put all that power down.

I didn't forget to mention any suspension work because I don't have any suspension work done. I have Hoosier DOT Drag Radials on my car and that is all I need to hook hard on the street and at the track. Have you ever used these tires on any car? All I can say is that that they get the job done to say the least. I have never had any traction problems on these tires, ever, even on the spray, granted that I have never sprayed in first gear. I sprayed him all the way through 2nd and 3rd gears and let up in 4th because he was ~5 cars behind. I don't understand why you have such a hard time believeing that a 600 rwhp Cobra on awesome Drag Radials can pull on a stock C6, Z51 or not? I completely ripped him out of the hole and my best trap speed at Moroso on the spray was 128.36 mph if that makes any difference to your conclusions. Again, I have no idea why he was so slow out of the hole, as I thought he was going to be much quicker than he was with an automatic. Like others and I have said, maybe the torque management in the factory computer tune is killing the C6's on their launches. I'm just letting everyone know how it turned out for me when I raced the guy. Anyways, all take it easy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread