Raced a C6 Z51

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Patisi said:
Not saying I doubt you, but methinks that putting 5 cars on C6 Z51 Package is difficult to believe even if you have mods. Especially if the guys wants to race. Not too sure about this one.
My dad's car runs mid 12s, 12.5-12.6 STOCK auto Z51...

My Cobra ran a 12.1 sliding at the track... 5 cars sounds VERY believeable. All I have is a 2.81, idler, chip, CAI/MAF, and exhaust. :poke:

Patisi

Established Member
REPCobra10 said:
I didn't forget to mention any suspension work because I don't have any suspension work done. I have Hoosier DOT Drag Radials on my car and that is all I need to hook hard on the street and at the track. Have you ever used these tires on any car? All I can say is that that they get the job done to say the least. I have never had any traction problems on these tires, ever, even on the spray, granted that I have never sprayed in first gear. I sprayed him all the way through 2nd and 3rd gears and let up in 4th because he was ~5 cars behind. I don't understand why you have such a hard time believeing that a 600 rwhp Cobra on awesome Drag Radials can pull on a stock C6, Z51 or not? I completely ripped him out of the hole and my best trap speed at Moroso on the spray was 128.36 mph if that makes any difference to your conclusions. Again, I have no idea why he was so slow out of the hole, as I thought he was going to be much quicker than he was with an automatic. Like others and I have said, maybe the torque management in the factory computer tune is killing the C6's on their launches. I'm just letting everyone know how it turned out for me when I raced the guy. Anyways, all take it easy.

OK Cool, we'll let it be.

Just so you know, I have never seen a 600 RWHP car at the Dyno or known anyone that owned one. I just thouhgt that you would need suspension work to put all that power to the pavement, but I may be wrong. The stock Cobras like mine could use a suspension upgrade with the stock powertrain they come with, and so I thouhgt by extension that with 200 More RWHP, that they would defintely need an upgrade in suspension to put all that power to the pavement. Like I said I could be wrong.

No offense meant. Just thinking.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Patisi said:
And what are the Vette's numbers with similar mods? Maybe not a pulley but an S/C? Why do you assume the Vette will not be modded? Have you seen this happen at the track yet? because all I have seen is at the track is with different results.

The stock numbers from both cars indicate that the C6 Z51 is faster, with mods of course all bets are off. But a pullied Snake is not going to walk away from an '06 C6 Z51 Vette, at anytime in power band. I am sorry not happening. Please post a clear daytime video at a track not on the street where this has happened. Where we all cannot all conjure up excuses.

Have you noticed that somehow we do not put car lengths on each other at the track, somehow the gaps between the cars are always closer? Why is this?

Have you also noticed that we tend not tell stories of Terminator vs Terminator at the track or on the street? Hmmmmm why is that? How come we don't see too many kills stories of how one Cobra walked away from another Cobra? Is it that we do not see each other on the streets, or when we see each other, we choose not to run each other?

Just my thoughts. Guys chime in.

Youa re right, we never do hear much about Terminator Vs Terminator races...hmm. However, I have told stories (true) about how I raced a buddies Cobra at the drag strip. I beat him 4 out of 5 times, He has 440 rwhp; 460ish Tq with a pulley and such. I had, I am assuming 400 rwhp. It was great, he was so mad especially b/c he had his buddy video taping the whole thing.

One thing I am discovering is that the track prep and the weather have a huge impact, especially when you are on street tires. There were 2 newbies with dynoed 399 rwhp getting 13.3's at a recent drag event. However, the SS and WS6's were getting 13.7's at the same time.

Patisi

Established Member
SVTkel said:
Youa re right, we never do hear much about Terminator Vs Terminator races...hmm. However, I have told stories (true) about how I raced a buddies Cobra at the drag strip. I beat him 4 out of 5 times, He has 440 rwhp; 460ish Tq with a pulley and such. I had, I am assuming 400 rwhp. It was great, he was so mad especially b/c he had his buddy video taping the whole thing.

One thing I am discovering is that the track prep and the weather have a huge impact, especially when you are on street tires. There were 2 newbies with dynoed 399 rwhp getting 13.3's at a recent drag event. However, the SS and WS6's were getting 13.7's at the same time.

Yup. Thanks for agreeing. Somehow I see thread and plenty of stories of us beating the Camaros, the T/A, the Vettes etc, on the street, at the track, three honks from aroll , from dig you name it, we have done it. We put bus lengths of gap on other guys. We always seem to be able to find other cars to race when we are out driving, but somehow it is never other Terminators. We even manage tofind GTs and Mach1 Mustangs but NO Terminators like us to race. Hmmmmm...I wonder why?

Users who are viewing this thread