Raced a Hellcat

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Why are you on this forum?

Why did you not answer the question you quoted? Why do you take things so personal when we're all just discussing cars? Why are you attempting to derail the thread with the bullshit? I actually should be asking you why are you on this forum? To keyboard battle? I, unlike you am staying on topic. Im asking questions to further get an understanding on why or why not things went down.

You may own a mustang but that doesnt mean you cant be a troll on svtp.

I'm not sure what kind of power my car is putting down. I bought the car with the mods already on it. I need to get it dynoed one day. I'v seen dyno's on these cars vary. My guess is that i'm just shy of 700 to the tires.

Wow. Thought you would be a little above 700 with those mods being that they dyno 600+ stock. Just figured those mods would gain at least 100rwhp.

Thanks for the knowledge. Now i see that your pull is a little more impressive than i first thought. Once again good kill!

Agreed. I'm guessing OP is in the 650-670 neighborhood.

Shit I thought tunes alone give 5.8's 50rwhp gains.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I ran a hellcat at the track last Friday and RPR posted it on their facebook page and I have caught nothing but hate over it lol. https://www.facebook.com/171816342851415/videos/988118534554521 FWIW, the hellcat later went high 10s.

Good run OP

no.

NO!!!

Paxton cars aren't fast!?!?! All their HP numbers do is sell kits! Are you saying they actually perform?

Mid 10s all day with the set up I am referring to. Low 10s would not be difficult with some slight changes. I already asked the FB Coyote folks to post up time slips with the set up I am going with and many were mid 10s

Unlikely with 575 to the tire. You will be a low 120s trapping car will have to have a hell of a suspension set up to crack 10s... possible.. but unlikely.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Wow. Thought you would be a little above 700 with those mods being that they dyno 600+ stock. Just figured those mods would gain at least 100rwhp.

Thanks for the knowledge. Now i see that your pull is a little more impressive than i first thought. Once again good kill!

Shit I thought tunes alone give 5.8's 50rwhp gains.

Not everybody starts over 600, I started at 593. You're right though, those mods are usually good for around 100 rwhp. Without the pulley I gained 70 rwhp. Off road H and a pulley and I'd hope to be at 700. Lund tunes are fairly conservative and the gain is usually 30-40 rwhp I think.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
On the street, between the two cars, it will generally be a Driver's race ...

... stock for stock it's probably a drivers race.

Yup, you guys are correct. CD Tests:

Challenger Hellcat (manual)
Zero to 60 mph: 3.9 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 11.9 sec @ 124 mph

Challenger Hellcat (auto)
Zero to 60 mph: 3.6 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 11.7 sec @ 126 mph

2013 GT500
Zero to 60 mph: 3.5 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 11.8 sec @ 125 mph

... just waiting for the first whiner to say the Challenger was stock.

Just waiting for the first whiner to say modded cars vs. bone stock cars are fair comparisons ...

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Yup, you guys are correct. CD Tests:

Challenger Hellcat (manual)
Zero to 60 mph: 3.9 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 11.9 sec @ 124 mph

Challenger Hellcat (auto)
Zero to 60 mph: 3.6 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 11.7 sec @ 126 mph

2013 GT500
Zero to 60 mph: 3.5 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 11.8 sec @ 125 mph

Just waiting for the first whiner to say modded cars vs. bone stock cars are fair comparisons ...

The point is don't make excuses, if I lose to a car more modded than me his car is faster period. I don't complain well he just has more mods, I see all these whiners saying I need to find a stock shelby to run. The odds of running into a stock shelby on the street are pretty slim, running into a stock hellcat are pretty high. If guys want to complain about stock times and theoretical races pick up a magazine. The ops car is faster than the pussy cat he raced, period.

Matt in Houston

I like SVT & I cannot lie
Established Member
The OP GT500 mods should be in the 670'ish whp range I would guess. To reach 700+ whp most people have to go LT headers or a bottom pulley and no cats. I had similar mods as OP, except instead of mono throttle body I have twin 67mm VMP. Car put down 666 rwhp. Added headers and busted a 701. Now my cats are gone and I have a new tune, so I should be 720'ish or more I would expect.

I think if he had 3.73 or 4.10 gears he would have pulled harder. They take up some of the slack/fall off between shifts and keep the TQ on the ground (if tires and suspension are up for it!)

badblackhemi

Established Member
What is that around 750 rwhp with 3.73 gears? With an auto? :thumbsup::coolman:
I'm honestly not sure on power. Going to get a dyno tune done soon. And 3.15 gears.
If that's the case i dont have a chance, but oh well.
I have zero traction below 60. I'll def be playing catch up. When I get it tuned I'm actually going to have them set the car up for 5.5lbs and 9. I'm more than happy to race on each setting and see how the outcomes vary.
A coyote motor on the brink of explosion lol, I kid that would be a race I would really like to see.
Hey now, don't jinx the motor, it needs to last me another 6 months or so lol.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I'm honestly not sure on power. Going to get a dyno tune done soon. And 3.15 gears.

I have zero traction below 60. I'll def be playing catch up. When I get it tuned I'm actually going to have them set the car up for 5.5lbs and 9. I'm more than happy to race on each setting and see how the outcomes vary.

Hey now, don't jinx the motor, it needs to last me another 6 months or so lol.

I bet it will be close to that. My buddy has one right around your boost... beautifully nasty car! :beer:

termipowa

Established Member
nice kill op. The auto hellcat put up some good 1/4 mile times but that trap speed is low to be playing with a 680 to 700whp gt500 on the highway.

Last edited:

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
The point is don't make excuses, if I lose to a car more modded than me his car is faster period. I don't complain well he just has more mods, I see all these whiners saying I need to find a stock shelby to run. The odds of running into a stock shelby on the street are pretty slim, running into a stock hellcat are pretty high. If guys want to complain about stock times and theoretical races pick up a magazine. The ops car is faster than the pussy cat he raced, period.

I understand the point you're trying to make, but I also understand reason and common sense. A win is a win, to be sure. But no one can ignore how they won either. Using results from multiple automotive journals gives an accurate picture of how cars run as delivered by the manufacturer. Anyone can mod a car to run literally just about anything, so I have little interest in those type of comparisons. I'm a Ford guy through and through, so on one level congrats to the op but it is what it is. If people want to complain about what their car runs stock, then go read Car Craft or Hot Rod magazine ...

Catfood

Established Member
I suspect the Hellcat owner accidentally drove his car with the "Black" key instead of the "Red" one. I jest I jest, good kill OP

paluka21

Established Member
800?! It's heavy, but it's not that heavy. I believe the delta is between 450-500 depending on trim of the GT500 and transmission in the HC.

Right. Most 2013-2014 GT500's are in the 3900lb range without a driver, depending on options (glass roof, performance/track pack with coolers, Shaker 1000 with subwoofer). The Challenger Hellcat is reportedly weighing 4400 (4449).

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I was at Hotrod Power tour in Gonzales, LA last Friday. Dyno'd the GTO and made a whopping 338 rhwp. Next up stock Hellcat. How appropriate 666 rhwp. Cars are no joke.

Users who are viewing this thread