Racing down the runway

BrettR

Established Member
If weather permits. This afternoon i might be able to get a few runs down the runway at my friends father-in-laws airport. The runway is a mile long I think. This should be fun!!:cool:
Going to bring your gopro and try to get some nice videos!
Any suggestions for the video?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

BrettR

Established Member
I will ask him tomorrow. That would be a blast!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Dude I would love to do this! I would drive the 10 hours just so I can partake. 1 mile you say? you are easily going to hit 180mph....I say mount the gopro inside the car maybe just behind your shoulder? be safe and have fun!

BossAnaki

Established Member
Sounds like a good time. It would be even better with a few friends from SVTP:burnout:. Maybe next time. Stay safe and enjoy the day.:beer:

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Sounds like your afternoon is gonna be fun!! Only thing that's gonna hurt you is humidity and temp tho.

Would be sweet if could get them to rent out place for a day or two of racing.

Where in Louisiana are you located?

Fordfourlife

Established Member
1 mile you say? you are easily going to hit 180mph....I say mount the gopro inside the car maybe just behind your shoulder? be safe and have fun!

1 mile total? I dont know if you could hit 180 and have time to get stopped again. Maybe? Im anxious to see the results!

BrettR

Established Member
Dude I would love to do this! I would drive the 10 hours just so I can partake. 1 mile you say? you are easily going to hit 180mph....I say mount the gopro inside the car maybe just behind your shoulder? be safe and have fun!

I'm not sure but I think he say the runway was 1 mile. I don't have the headrest mount

Sounds like your afternoon is gonna be fun!! Only thing that's gonna hurt you is humidity and temp tho.

Would be sweet if could get them to rent out place for a day or two of racing.

Where in Louisiana are you located?

Lafayette
Yeah that would be nice. It doesn't hurt to ask

1 mile total? I dont know if you could hit 180 and have time to get stopped again. Maybe? Im anxious to see the results!

I think it is one mile total so I would say maybe 1/2 mile - 3/4 mile runs should give you room to stop..

Sounds like a good time. It would be even better with a few friends from SVTP:burnout:. Maybe next time. Stay safe and enjoy the day.:beer:

Yes it would be even better with you all.
I will be with one of my best friends he just be came an SVTP member he joined a couple days ago the white 08 in my Sig picture is his car. He's the one that got this set up. He wanted to see how fast his car would go they told him ok

Van@RevanRacing

You will not hit 180 MPH.

With the Texas Mile cars that I have driven I was 165 MPH at the half and 170 MPH at the half with each car. You need to mark off the 1/2 Mile mark and get on the brakes at the marker.

You should expect to see 145 to 155 MPH depending on wind and other conditions.

Van

BrettR

Established Member
You will not hit 180 MPH.

With the Texas Mile cars that I have driven I was 165 MPH at the half and 170 MPH at the half with each car. You need to mark off the 1/2 Mile mark and get on the brakes at the marker.

You should expect to see 145 to 155 MPH depending on wind and other conditions.

Van

Thanks I will mark the half mile for braking. Do you think we would have enough room to stop after 3/4

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks I will mark the half mile for braking. Do you think we would have enough room to stop after 3/4

You could run close to 3/4 but 1/4 shut down isn't a lot of space at 160+ MPH.

You will stand on the brakes at that point. Multiple runs and you could boil the brake fluid standing on it that hard.

I'd stick to the half mile. If the brake pedal gets soft pump it fast!!

Have fun!

BrettR

Established Member
You could run close to 3/4 but 1/4 shut down isn't a lot of space at 160+ MPH.

You will stand on the brakes at that point. Multiple runs and you could boil the brake fluid standing on it that hard.

I'd stick to the half mile. If the brake pedal gets soft pump it fast!!

Have fun!

Ok thank you we will stick with the half mile to be safe

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
See if you can get a drivers vantage point and also stick the suction cup to the door outside, fairly low. That way you can hear the exhaust and see the front wheel / road. It's gonna be fun! Be safe and post em up as soon as you can!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
oh well if its only 1/2 mile then yea you will still get some good speed on it...but Van is the expert, hell I would change brake fluids beforehand just in case :shrug:....would still love to do this

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
In California the braking area needs to be at least twice as long as the distance run. Does the airports insurance cover drag racing? :idea:Sure hate to see your father in law lose his airport to some accident and lawsuit(assuming you are not the only one running?).

BrettR

Established Member
In California the braking area needs to be at least twice as long as the distance run. Does the airports insurance cover drag racing? :idea:Sure hate to see your father in law lose his airport to some accident and lawsuit(assuming you are not the only one running?).

We are just going one at a time

BrettR

Established Member
Well, guys looks like it won't happen today.:(
Looks like they are getting back to late so we are going to do this another time. I was so excited to do this but oh well. Sorry

Users who are viewing this thread