Racing in the Rain ...

Auto

Established Member
So last night, I was on my way to my gf's house. It was raining and there was a decent amount of slower moving traffic heading West on 80. I'm just minding my own business until this newer shelby cobra pulls up next to me and starts revving his engine like an idiot. I look down and I am doing about 70mph already and look over and give the guy a thumbs up. He looks back and is a complete A-hole. He wants to race and I'm thinkin to myself this guy is completely nuts. He keeps tryin to get me to bite and then he just takes off like a bat out of hell....

How stupid can you be? It's raining, there is traffic and it is just an accident waiting to happen. The guy starts weaving in and out of traffic like it's no big deal. I just kept my speed and thought to myself ... this is the kind of person that gives mustang owners a bad name.

If that guy is on this forum ... Yes, I know you have the far superior car, yes it fast and yes you are the dumbest person I have met in a mustang so far. I know I was hydroplaning and undoubtedly you were too, think before you kill someone you moron..

Cliffs: A-hole in a new shelby cobra wants to race in the rain during traffic on the freeway. He takes off like an idiot and almost causes accident. People don't think.

--Not sure what forum this belongs in, sorry.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
should have went in smackdown but yes that is completely stupid. Way to keep your head on straight and not bite

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I'd be more concerned about getting wet than racing people if I were that guy:

shelby_cobra_427_1967.jpg

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

he did say "give mustang owners a bad name"....

dude sounds like a douche. you shouldve bit and lined up like you were gonna and then just not done anything, and watch him hydroplane off the road.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Every so often we hear a report here of a bad accident involving a GT500, Terminator, Mach 1, etc. and in many cases the driver was probably doing exactly what this guy was doing. Another accident just waiting to happen. :dw:

jf4boogie

Established Member

So THAT is what a "newer" shelby cobra looks like :shrug:

Sidenote: Did anyone see the Pawn Stars episode where the tow company found a body of a shelby sitting in a storage unit?! Shit was craaazy.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
glad you didn't bite, i went to drop off my Cobra to its new owner this wkend during the rain, i saw a newer Chevy truck flipped over with the cabin crushed on the side of the road w an officer standing by, looks disgusting....completely flat

CMIYC

Established Member
Sidenote: Did anyone see the Pawn Stars episode where the tow company found a body of a shelby sitting in a storage unit?! Shit was craaazy.

Yes and that guy was an idiot for taking that stupid offer after finding out it was a real shelby body and its true value. People on that show are complete morons.

Sorry dont mean to hijack

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Yes and that guy was an idiot for taking that stupid offer after finding out it was a real shelby body and its true value. People on that show are complete morons.

Sorry dont mean to hijack

Seeing as the guy was looking to get rid of it, I doubt he could have afforded the parts and labor it took to get the car into running condition. It's not like he could promise the guys doing the work that he'd pay them back after he sold it, and a bank isn't going to give a loan for that kind of money just to get a car restored.

I'd say he made the smart decision, instead of keeping it and restoring it "someday".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread