Racing my buddies H/C/I Z06 again... now 1000$ on the line.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
My h/c Z made 560'ish, trapped 134mph consistently, and would beat the daylights out of my buddies 3.4 whipple cobra that made 750whp. He would run even with me till the top of my 3rd gear/125'ish, then drop anchor. I love both cars but you are going to need 750'ish to run with him from a 40-140 roll.

A 750rwhp Cobra that is running properly with a good driver is a 145mph+ trap car, your buddy should of walked you until aerodynamics kicked in but you would be far behind at that point.

mnewxcv

Established Member
something-exciting-is.jpg

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
A 750rwhp Cobra that is running properly with a good driver is a 145mph+ trap car, your buddy should of walked you until aerodynamics kicked in but you would be far behind at that point.

If I have 750rwhp and get beat by a 560rwhp z06 I will sell my car ASAP and buy a z06

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
You're greatly reminding me of a person from this area that kept spending and spending and eventually just bought the other guys car because he couldn't beat him.

Did this really happen? I'm honestly to the point where I'm going to go test drive a z06 since everyone thinks they are the fastest cars on the planet. If a 550rwhp z06 is destroying every car on the road I need to get one lol.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Subbing to hear the result that is already going to happen. I have 550 to the wheels on my street tune with a 96 cobra that weighs in around 3550 with driver. The only hci z06 I ever raced pulled me pretty good above 100. To 130 he had me about 3 car lenghts.

Prototype007

Established Member
Did this really happen? I'm honestly to the point where I'm going to go test drive a z06 since everyone thinks they are the fastest cars on the planet. If a 550rwhp z06 is destroying every car on the road I need to get one lol.

Yes it did. He bought two vehicles that way actually.

Our area is terrible for people buying 10 second cars and only driving them to 12 second times. Then they avoid going to the tracks and playing the "I'm a street racer only" card. Get their shit called out on, then they sull up and claim they want to fight, but never do. Then they wonder why no one will have anything to do with them or disregards their existence.

Hopefully OP never hits that point in life.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Think since your friends he wanted to reduce the bet to save the friendship. By only taking 500 he can say he did you a favor. He will definitely stroll you out there. H\C\I Z are hard to judge because cam size can play with the numbers. Different cams can have a 40 hp variance. Nice large cam or just slightly over stock. No matter what you're done for.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
It started off pretty casual. He said he liked the terminators but could never see himself in a mustang. I told him I would probably beat him and he said "put your money where your mouth is" and we were off.

He offered to reduce it to 500$ (I think he may be chickening out) and the deal is that if he loses I give him 500$ and buy him 1 part for his car worth 100$ he said to me that If he wins to put 100$ toward a Z06 lol.

my friends are scrambling to find a 50-75 shot we can sneak in there before the race on Sunday.

Sounds like it will be a good time non the less hopefully we can see it on the GO PRO

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member

Only do that if you're prepared to sell your gt500. Weight/aero/gearing in the vette are perfect for 60-160mph. It takes something special to hang with a h/c/I z on a highway pull. Op if he has a decent tire, and can drive, you're done. Even with the shot

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Only do that if you're prepared to sell your gt500. Weight/aero/gearing in the vette are perfect for 60-160mph. It takes something special to hang with a h/c/I z on a highway pull. Op if he has a decent tire, and can drive, you're done. Even with the shot

All joking aside. I need to go drive one. It may be my next car if I get bored with the Shelby. I don't really have brand loyalty. I like anything fast

CGLhawk260

Established Member
I had a 03 Cobra ported with an upper/lower pulley and supporting mods that had about 492rwhp. I recently bought a 2007 Z06 with an intake/tune/ARH headers that has about 496rwhp. I would say the Z feels like it has 100 more horse power and i have given some of my friends a ride and they say the same thing. The weight difference between the two cars really makes the Z feel a hell of a lot fastest. The 07 Z06 with base options is about 3150ibs.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
I had a 03 Cobra ported with an upper/lower pulley and supporting mods that had about 492rwhp. I recently bought a 2007 Z06 with an intake/tune/ARH headers that has about 496rwhp. I would say the Z feels like it has 100 more horse power and i have given some of my friends a ride and they say the same thing. The weight difference between the two cars really makes the Z feel a hell of a lot fastest. The 07 Z06 with base options is about 3150ibs.

3150 is nuts. That might not be a bad setup and with a 100shot it would be real nasty from a roll. I'm guessing the cam work is where the mods get pricey.

1FastFRC

Established Member
I don't understand why you are going to race someone, knowing what the outcome will be, and then be still willing to fork over 1K. Dude, you are going to need to add about 100 more HP. Race him after doing that.

A lot of people on here are brining up the HP to weight ratio being the Z's advantage. There is so much more to it than that. Aerodynamics, tranny gearing, and a N/A 427ci motor that has a redline of 7500 (most will take it to here with h/c/I). The Z's power band is sick and he can stay in gear a lot longer. Combine that with N/A and he is in his sweet spot for the entire race.

BTR

Established Member
I have managed to reduce the weight of my stang by 200 LBS
I also added a 50 shot to the mix :-D
I have drag radials and can hook pretty good.

He's going to take me for a ride in his Z06 tonight

Users who are viewing this thread