Raining FGTs at Barrett Jackson

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't know of any that went for MSRP and we as a dealer couldn't touch one for at least $30k over when trying to find them for exec's in Vegas. We sold 14 total if I recall and most over $200k.

@13COBRA, do the early 05' cars with the rear control arm recall/upfit bring more $$$ than others?

99% of people didn't know there was even a difference.

The ones I've seen bring the most money, are the odd/rare ones. The stripe deletes, and the Heritage editions were among the highest dollar bringers.

The no-option cars also have brought a ton of money, as 99% of dealers ordered 5 option cars (OTT stripe, side stripe, painted calipers, BBS wheels, and upgraded stereo) for their stock orders.

A buddy of mine sells a bunch of them. He has this Heritage in inventory right now... I wouldn't want it for $500k +TTL...BUT it would be a blast to drive. I do not like the wing on it.

2006 Ford Ford GT | Desneux Motorsports

blk02edge

Established Member
LOL, can just imagine how that conversation would go :D I have made some impulse car purchases, it’s helluva lot easier to ask for forgiveness than permission!
I paid 40k for a private membership at a race track and told mine after I did it.... She said "hmm can I have a horse?" I said "lol no." And thats how I run my relationship hehe. Too many people scared of their wives, Ive never understood

VegasMichael

Established Member
99% of people didn't know there was even a difference.

The ones I've seen bring the most money, are the odd/rare ones. The stripe deletes, and the Heritage editions were among the highest dollar bringers.

The no-option cars also have brought a ton of money, as 99% of dealers ordered 5 option cars (OTT stripe, side stripe, painted calipers, BBS wheels, and upgraded stereo) for their stock orders.

A buddy of mine sells a bunch of them. He has this Heritage in inventory right now... I wouldn't want it for $500k +TTL...BUT it would be a blast to drive. I do not like the wing on it.

2006 Ford Ford GT | Desneux Motorsports
I concur. That wing is hideous.

Jefe

Established Member
There are 7 2005/06 GTs at Scottsdale, damn. Red with 52 miles, Silver with 465 miles, Grey with 607 miles, Red with 2,746 miles, and the 3 Heritage models have 75, 288, and 3,092 miles

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
It's funny right?, you get to a point with things and when you say "that guy is nuts to spend that much on that (whatever "that" is)", is sometimes <thinking: no way I can swing that>…..LOL at least for me.

I was thinking new GT500, but I am really pining for this:

7725fb21c1cb_hd_2009-superformance-gt40.jpg

7722072fd7de_hd_2009-superformance-gt40.jpg

I might take a stab at it after the first of the year.

E

RLB01

Established Member
If I hit the Lotto an 06 GT would be the first thing purchased.....

launchnukes

Crazy SVT Person
Established Member
We paid sticker, and know of others that did too. East coast likely helped

Actually roughly 3/4 of all 2005 control arms were the "replacement" billet LCA's. They are prettier than the cast, but offer no premium from one car to another (most buyers likely wont even know that there is 2 LCA's). Also was all LCA's front and rear.
I was offered one at sticker here in FL i think late 05 but it was out of my budget at the time. Had to settle for an 02 GTS ACR viper...I miss that one. Graphite metallic with silver stripes

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

_Snake_

Established Member
Late 2005 into early 2006, they could be had for sticker. Some even bought under MSRP (not many, but did happen). October 2005 got ours for sticker, and was even before the $10k price increase (05 black no stripe).

Heritage paint was a $15k option in 2006

I remember this as well. I was so in love with the FGT that I was close to taking out a second mortgage. Only reason I didn’t is because I didn’t have enough equity. Lol

SirShaun

Established Member
I haven't watched a Barrett Jackson auction in a long time. Might have to spend some time watching the next one to get an idea of what stuff is selling for.

Anyone ever bought a car at Barrett Jackson? What kind of hidden costs are there on top of the sale price?

Seems like a good place to score a nice restomod.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I think these cars are over inflated. They jumped up $100K in 18 months (mean average), I'm not sure they can hold that value when the new GT's start trading (which is soon as the legal requirements are running out).

E
There is no comparison, they are only alike in name. One is a supercharged manual v8, the other is a TT v6 that has doors that open up, multimatic suspension that can go up and down in an instant. Nobody is going to be cross shopping theses LOL. Huge price difference too when the new one is nearly triple the price of the 05/06.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
The 2 GT's are night and day different. The new car however has gotten quite a few 05-06 cars into the market, and in to new owners hands to help fund the NGT purchase. I can think of at least a half dozen already, that I know of.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
There are 7 2005/06 GTs at Scottsdale, damn. Red with 52 miles, Silver with 465 miles, Grey with 607 miles, Red with 2,746 miles, and the 3 Heritage models have 75, 288, and 3,092 miles
If I'm the guy with the 3K mile Gulf GT, I'm pulling it now.
The 75 mile Heritage will be the big winner...

Jefe

Established Member
I haven't watched a Barrett Jackson auction in a long time. Might have to spend some time watching the next one to get an idea of what stuff is selling for.
Anyone ever bought a car at Barrett Jackson? What kind of hidden costs are there on top of the sale price?
Seems like a good place to score a nice restomod.
I have been in person every year since 2007. There is an 8% sellers commission and 10% buyers commission owed to BJ. Plus its at least $500 to register to bid plus shipping the car there and getting it detailed as most cars sit in grassy fields. Everything is no reserve so if the owner doesn't like the price, he has to bid on it and then pay the 18% commission to get his car back. I've seen it happen on a mint 'Cuda that didn't cross $200K. It was for sale in the parking lot for $240K later that day.

BJ Scottsdale is not the place to buy a rare car. There are deals the first 2-3 days but Fri and Sat are the top dollar cars. Scottsdale is one of the biggest and best auctions in the world year after year. Enough so that Russo & Steel, Gooding & Company, Bonhams, Silver Auctions and RM Sothebys also hold auctions the very same week. Billions of dollars flow through Scottsdale those 7 days then the following weekend is the Waste Management Golf Tournament across the street

2016, my feet were stuck in this spot for about 40 minutes

Ra07wLL.jpg

Guy I know here locally recently paid $700k for a heritage with 7 miles on it
Thats insane, highest Ive ever seen

launchnukes

Crazy SVT Person
Established Member
What an idiot. lol
From what I've been told he's worth $100m+ so I dont think hes worried about it and I'm sure he knows. Hes currently building his second home here in vero 30,000+ sq ft on 5 acres direct oceanfront has a 20+ car collection and daily drives his 720s. I actually saw him today. Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread