Raining FGTs at Barrett Jackson

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
This is making me want to put together a GT40 kit even more now.

They typically resale for $100k-$150k with Gulf livery paint.

I've got a friend who has been hounding me hard about building one and I'm really considering it.

Take it to Coffee and Cars Houston and probably sell it that day. All the Lambo and McLaren leghumpers would shank each other to get it I bet. The hipsters wouldn't know what one is, they're too busy oogling their 240 and DL Volvos.....

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I don't know of any that went for MSRP and we as a dealer couldn't touch one for at least $30k over when trying to find them for exec's in Vegas. We sold 14 total if I recall and most over $200k

They were selling under MSRP used for awhile. Here is a Ford GT for sale at the side of the road for only $120k. If only I can go back in time...

m9txmw.gif

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
^^^ Yeah but that one doesn't count.
I barely remember the story, but I remember the car. If I recall it was a poorly rebuilt serious crash car. Probably should have been parted out instead of poorly slapped back together.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
^^^ Yeah but that one doesn't count.
I barely remember the story, but I remember the car. If I recall it was a poorly rebuilt serious crash car. Probably should have been parted out instead of poorly slapped back together.
It wasn't crashed. It was just considered high mileage at the time.

That does not suprise me coming from Hongcouver, the money they have is incredible.

Somewhat offtrack story but theres a member at our track has 5, yes 5 new FGT's among probably 100mil worth of ferraris and bugattis and THE one off Rolls boat tail, he flys his cars around the world with a c130. Hes chinese. **** that guy

I don't believe that. There were 14 New Ford GTs delivered in Canada so far and I highly doubt that one person owns that many. At least half of the NFGTs delivered so far are in Ontario.

Ford GT Sales Figures

blk02edge

Established Member
It wasn't crashed. It was just considered high mileage at the time.

I don't believe that. There were 14 New Ford GTs delivered in Canada so far and I highly doubt that one person owns that many. At least half of the NFGTs delivered so far are in Ontario.

Ford GT Sales Figures
He is not Canadian. He is chinese, he bought every single one on the black market and when you are worth multiple billions of dollars you can do anything you want. DBK knows about him. Either way his IG is @mwvnmw it is 100% fact and legit known first hand
I saw him at our track (my photo) and a few days later saw the same car at the dubai circuit with 3 others that he bought "illegally" and now the count is at 5. The yellow and blue stripe is the only canadian car I believe
20171003_170215.jpg

Last edited:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
They were selling under MSRP used for awhile. Here is a Ford GT for sale at the side of the road for only $120k. If only I can go back in time...

View attachment 1528641

Reminds me of the story on here of a guy that bought, literally, a warehouse worth of FGT's and sold them all brand new for reasonable prices. I believe he was planning on holding onto them for awhile to make a nice profit but decided to unload them faster than planned.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Reminds me of the story on here of a guy that bought, literally, a warehouse worth of FGT's and sold them all brand new for reasonable prices. I believe he was planning on holding onto them for awhile to make a nice profit but decided to unload them faster than planned.
I think he still owns a few of them. He is on the Viper forums.

34607.jpg

34612.jpg

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
He is not Canadian. He is chinese, he bought every single one on the black market and when you are worth multiple billions of dollars you can do anything you want. DBK knows about him. Either way his IG is @mwvnmw it is 100% fact and legit known first hand
I saw him at our track (my photo) and a few days later saw the same car at the dubai circuit with 3 others that he bought "illegally" and now the count is at 5. The yellow and blue stripe is the only canadian car I believe
View attachment 1528646

You know the golden rule? He who has the gold makes the rules :D

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
View attachment 1528646

.....must be nice.

coposrv

Established Member
What’s the point in having that many of the exact same car?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

blk02edge

Established Member
What’s the point in having that many of the exact same car?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I know a guy/dealer who's up to 30 gen 2 vipers now, says he wants to control the market and flip them later on. Dunno how successfull that'll be with the new young generation.

MG0h3

Established Member
I read/heard (forgot where) but about 73% of HK's population are millionaires. Might want to hang out there and have some of that wealth rub off. Just gotta be at the right place at the right time.
Really? I bet this round eye fat finger could pull some rich daughter. I should plan a trip. As a plus, I was a year ahead in math through high school.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

coposrv

Established Member
I know a guy/dealer who's up to 30 gen 2 vipers now, says he wants to control the market and flip them later on. Dunno how successfull that'll be with the new young generation.

If you have that kind of money to sit on 30 vipers to try and flip them later on you also have access to enough money to make better profits somewhere else. Somewhere else that doesn’t have you tie up a small warehouse full of cars that may or may not appreciate. Seems like a weird way of thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
My understanding that all the GT's in the pics above were all sold, quite a while ago. There are / were, several individuals that had one of each color. Not sure how many sets still exist as one. I know of one for sure. American Muscle Car Museum in Melbourne, Florida

I would have loved to have a dollar for everyone in 2006-2008, that said, "yeah, I'll pick up a GT when they dip below $100k"............

blk02edge

Established Member
If you have that kind of money to sit on 30 vipers to try and flip them later on you also have access to enough money to make better profits somewhere else. Somewhere else that doesn’t have you tie up a small warehouse full of cars that may or may not appreciate. Seems like a weird way of thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Its a side gig for him, hes got plenty other things on the go

Users who are viewing this thread