Raining FGTs at Barrett Jackson

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
From what I've been told he's worth $100m+ so I dont think hes worried about it and I'm sure he knows. Hes currently building his second home here in vero 30,000+ sq ft on 5 acres direct oceanfront has a 20+ car collection and daily drives his 720s. I actually saw him today. Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Doesn't change the fact that buying one for $700k makes him an idiot.

Johnny Morris from up in these parts is worth billions, and I've personally seen him negotiate over a few hundred dollars lol

launchnukes

Crazy SVT Person
Established Member

Johnny Morris from up in these parts is worth billions, and I've personally seen him negotiate over a few hundred dollars lol
Haha...I dont disagree.

Super nice guy tho. Ran into him a few months back and we did some cruising around town. Just found this on my phone...
e6b75473e80a6e1bffe13b85e2a0cb87.jpg
95c1b2647ed6d73e824a66a7dc0e4fee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

blk02edge

Established Member

meh, buddy of mine drives his 918 in the snow, if you called him an idiot he'd laugh and drive away not giving a shit. FU money must be nice

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
meh, buddy of mine drives his 918 in the snow, if you called him an idiot he'd laugh and drive away not giving a shit. FU money must be nice

Him driving his 918 in the snow is a nonfactor on this conversation...

I bet he didn't pay $4mi for his 918...if he did, then he is an idiot. lol

blk02edge

Established Member
Him driving his 918 in the snow is a nonfactor on this conversation...

I bet he didn't pay $4mi for his 918...if he did, then he is an idiot. lol
Ive paid $5 for a $2 drink at the movies before... Guess I am an idiot. Lol I just have a hard time calling someone worth that much an idiot for spending a few extra relative dollars when they clearly dgaf. If they cared they would have shopped around

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ive paid $5 for a $2 drink at the movies before... Guess I am an idiot. Lol I just have a hard time calling someone worth that much an idiot for spending a few extra relative dollars when they clearly dgaf. If they cared they would have shopped around

If they don't care about $200k, they're an idiot.

You paid $5 for a drink at the movies, that you could have purchased elsewhere for $2; but you couldn't have brought that $2 drink in to the movies.

I know people paying $3k a month in rent for a studio apartment in NYC. I also know people paying a $3k a month mortgage for a $500k house and 50 acres in Missouri. You couldn't buy an acre in NYC for that amount.

Cars, like the FGT, are different, as they're available for the same price worldwide (with the exception of import/export fees and taxes). But to pay $700k for a $500k car is stupid, and makes that person an idiot. It would very much be like going to the movie theater and paying $7 for a drink, while you could have paid $5 for the exact same drink.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I usually pay about 5,500 dollars every time I have sex.

That’s two house payments, two truck payments, and two Traverse payments since I usually get some once every other month while she’s been pregnant.

Yes, I’m an idiot.

Recon

Established Member
Anyone ever bought a car at Barrett Jackson? What kind of hidden costs are there on top of the sale price?
I’ve had cars from Barrett in my shop. Can’t say I’m impressed with the condition. The paint and interior are great but mechanically the cars have problems. At least from the ones I’ve seen.

Pick your poison.

blk02edge

Established Member
I’ve had cars from Barrett in my shop. Can’t say I’m impressed with the condition. The paint and interior are great but mechanically the cars have problems. At least from the ones I’ve seen.

Pick your poison.
Ha buddy of mine has bought 2 from BJ, both had instant mech issues. I honestly dont understand why people buy cars there

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I can't even fathom the kind of wealth it takes to buy a half million dollar vehicle, pay an extra $200k premium for it and not even care.

If any of you well to do gentlemen want to send me a PM and give me some tips/advice on how to make some good money moves it would be well appreciated. Help a brotha out...

this thread makes me think ive done something horribly wrong

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Pick your poison.

I have read that sellers will intentionally bring shitty cars to auctions like BJ because sellers assume that the auctioneer does diligence on the cars.

blk02edge

Established Member
I can't even fathom the kind of wealth it takes to buy a half million dollar vehicle, pay an extra $200k premium for it and not even care.

If any of you well to do gentlemen want to send me a PM and give me some tips/advice on how to make some good money moves it would be well appreciated. Help a brotha out...

this thread makes me think ive done something horribly wrong
Should have been born into a wealthy chinese family...now you know for next time

blk02edge

Established Member
LOL, my buddy worked in Qingdao China for a few years, always said the wealthy there would wear their money if they could....sent me this pic a while back...

View attachment 1528526
View attachment 1528527
That does not suprise me coming from Hongcouver, the money they have is incredible.

Somewhat offtrack story but theres a member at our track has 5, yes 5 new FGT's among probably 100mil worth of ferraris and bugattis and THE one off Rolls boat tail, he flys his cars around the world with a c130. Hes chinese. **** that guy

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Try having a wealthy friend from Singapore! All he talks about is how much more expensive things are there and how much money they and the Chinese have. Good, well intentioned guy, but yeah, money is everything to them and their familes are always well connected it seems.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
That does not suprise me coming from Hongcouver, the money they have is incredible.

Somewhat offtrack story but theres a member at our track has 5, yes 5 new FGT's among probably 100mil worth of ferraris and bugattis and THE one off Rolls boat tail, he flys his cars around the world with a c130. Hes chinese. **** that guy
I read/heard (forgot where) but about 73% of HK's population are millionaires. Might want to hang out there and have some of that wealth rub off. Just gotta be at the right place at the right time.

Users who are viewing this thread