RAM TRX debut

kaz109

Established Member
Can’t

can’t we have a bad ass looking, off road capable, fast, great sounding truck? Why is that such a bad thing? I absolutely love the look of the raptor. So if dodge checks off all the boxes, that will piss me off. I want the raptor to have all those things. Lol

Would be great, I would love that however I don't want it at the cost of it being less capable. I'm not saying that a SC V8 makes it less capable, I'm saying that a Ford makes a truck that is class-leading that is not a SC V8 then that is what I want.

You say off road capable but that is very subjective, any truck is " off road capable" . I have a feeling the TRX will have some off road capabilities but cater more for being fast on the street. That is not what the Raptor is about so why try and match dodge in a market in which u already have 2 trucks ( Roush and Shelby) .

That same aurgment most ppl make about raptors ( why can't Ford make a V8 options ) is the all car enthusiasts have with every other car manufacturer. You think ppl didnt want to see a DCT options with the viper ? You think ppl dont want a manual with the GT3RS? The list can go on and on...

Again , I am not disagreeing with you in wanting a V8 in the raptor , what I disagree with is not being a raptor for not having a V8. You made the best choice for your needs , I thinks others should stop bitching and follow your lead. I think Ford has a the best trucks for everybody's needs.

csc427

Established Member
@csc427

What was the MSRP of your SC Roush? If u don't mind me asking .
Ordered as 19 special edition lariat Fully optioned with supercharger. I wanted the red accent seats and special edition front end over the quite overpriced roush graphics and tack on flares. Didn’t do roush wheels. Venom Rex wheels. Msrp Maybe $75k? Not what paid of course. Lol

kaz109

Established Member
Ordered as 19 special edition lariat Fully optioned with supercharger. I wanted the red accent seats and special edition front end over the quite overpriced roush graphics and tack on flares. Didn’t do roush wheels. Venom Rex wheels. Msrp Maybe $75k? Not what paid of course. Lol

So my point exactly, a raptor alternative with a SC V8 at the same price point......if ppl don't want the ecoboost in this raptor or the powerboost in the next gen raptor they still have a SC V8 option from Ford......

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Bad ass!!!
Whenever I need a new daily driver, the Roushcharged F150 is on my list. That's if I buy a truck again. I may go "fun awd" car instead.

Can't wait to see this TRX. Gonna be beast!!!!!

csc427

Established Member
Bad ass!!!
Whenever I need a new daily driver, the Roushcharged F150 is on my list. That's if I buy a truck again. I may go "fun awd" car instead.

Can't wait to see this TRX. Gonna be beast!!!!!
If I didn’t hunt and have to battle wv winter, I’d go same route. Wife drives a supercharged Range Rover sport. Very nice. But doesn’t haul deer too well. Lol

kaz109

Established Member
You have the live valve shocks which are orange.
17-18 Gen 2 are also blue. Went orange on 19+ with the live valve shocks.

Yea I knew they sent live valve on the 19 and up but wasn't sure if they changed colors. No matter mine won't be orange for much longer . How are you liking your new setup?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Yea I knew they sent live valve on the 19 and up but wasn't sure if they changed colors. No matter mine won't be orange for much longer . How are you liking your new setup?
Still recovering from installing the Deavers on Friday. So I have not driven the truck yet. Plan on going to Texplex in a couple weekends to get my air fix.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Wow! 702 HP and 650 TQ, supercharged 6.2L.

0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds.

13 inches of travel

I'm impressed.

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Meh, never would shop for one anyways. I stopped listening when he moved to interior.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Bet it can't tuck the full size spare between the frame rails. That's why they have a bed mount option.

Time for Ford to really start developing the 7.3L.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Ok kinda have a boner. Billet silver for me please. Waiting on price.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Bet it can't tuck the full size spare between the frame rails. That's why they have a bed mount option.

Time for Ford to really start developing the 7.3L.

Agreed. Ford really needs to step it up now. 450 hp on the Raptor pales compared to the 702 hp on this TRX.

Based on the specs they just announced, this TRX outdoes a Raptor in nearly every category.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread