• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

RAM TRX debut

Discussion in 'Pics and Videos Buffet' started by dsrtdukone, Aug 12, 2020.

1. blk02edge

blk02edge Well-Known Member Established Member

I'm aware lol. I just make fun of people like that. Dodge should have just built a street truck

VNOMIS likes this.
  2. Blk04L

Blk04L . . . Premium Member Established Member

I like it, but not sure I like it enough to switch brands, largely due to the uncertainly of how well it will handle offroading/jumping.
    Interior looks great, engine is very nice. But I also echo the wonder over if bean counters overruled a bigger shock... I'm sure it'll be fine, but just feel 3.0's should of been the minimum due to weight and more damping/oil. For the Gen 1 Raptor, going from a 2.5 to 3.0 resulted in the 3.0 shocks have 60% more damping area than stock 2.5" shocks. Now of course I'm no shock expert.

Also, starting at 72k for cloth interior ain't cheap. I like that they did say they'll build as many as need be, hopefully, killing the risk of ADMs

Yup. And you could send them on 2.5s just fine.
    (Bumpstops help too).

DriftwoodSVT likes this.
  3. My94GT

My94GT Well-Known Member Established Member

seriously I would have been right in line to have a hellcat equipped Laramie or similar street oriented set up.

Blk04L and csc427 like this.
  4. VRYALT3R3D

VRYALT3R3D Well-Known Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

and can I have finance it for 96 months

5. CompOrange04GT

CompOrange04GT I like Wood, and not Oak in my butt Established Member

Tell you what.. working in the middle of nowhere hours from anywhere. I’m glad at times I had a tank on the back of my truck to hot fuel with

6. My94GT

My94GT Well-Known Member Established Member

min a more realistic note, if I can get 0% financing and good trade value for my current ram I would be very tempted to buy. Outside of that, yes I always laugh when I see people talking about 900-1200 dollar notes on something that will tank in value like a standard ram

7. Corbic

Corbic Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Are you out of touch?

https://camburg.com/product-category/suspension/susp-shocks/

2.5" is pretty much the standard go-to for aftermarket LT kits.

Again, this AND the RAPTOR are not competition PreRunners nor Trophy trucks.

That's like calling a GT500 a Nascar or a Hellcat a Topfuel Dragster.

A SxS destroys the Raptor off road and that comparison is like bitching about how a Hayabusa will squash a 911.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
    GotHemi?, DriftwoodSVT and john11gt like this.
  8. ON D BIT

ON D BIT Finish First Established Member

Your link proves his point. 2.5 ranger long travel and the 2.5 1500 long travel. If they recommend it for the lightweight ranger the extra weight of the 1500 would not be optimum.

VNOMIS likes this.
  9. ZINCYELLOW01

ZINCYELLOW01 Member Established Member

10. Corbic

They also have 2.0 Ranger and 1500 shocks.

Doesn't prove anything. That is their width. It doesn't take into consideration spring rate, length, bypass, cooling efficiency, and setup geometry.

Your argument is like saying "Hey, a 1.8L Honda runs a 3" exhaust, so clearly a GT500 needs a 6" straight pipe.

GotHemi? likes this.
  11. ssj4sadie

ssj4sadie Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

So because an aftermarket company makes budget friendly (read: less capable) shocks, that somehow equates to 2.5” shocks being the standard “LT” setup across the board? LoL ok.

VNOMIS likes this.
  12. GTSpartan

GTSpartan Yield right!!!! Established Member

Why don't we wait and see how it actually performs before we start WW3 over the merits of a 2,3,4,.....10" shock diameter?

The guys that design these things and the suppliers they work with piss out more knowledge and expertise every morning when they wake up than the entire collective knowledge of this site. Federal regs and the bean counters though, are the great equalizers.

13. bigja01cobra

bigja01cobra Active Member Established Member

The haters have to find 1 thing to hate and it was the shock diameter. Let's see how they perform in tests. I think the Raptor should have the offroad as they have 3 generations of real world R&D available. Dodge just has 702 hp and just copied the Raptor looking at the specs lol

14. ZINCYELLOW01

ZINCYELLOW01 Member Established Member

You guys must all be suspension engineers.

The current generation Raptor is dead from a competitive standpoint. Ford will have the opportunity to compete with the next one.

csc427 likes this.
  15. blk02edge

blk02edge Well-Known Member Established Member

No... I'm just likely the only person in here who has built, owns and drives an actual prerunner with over a decade of obsessive research into my build. But please do act like you have a clue lol

The 2.5 is the standard go to for trucks that also run a separate bypass and hydros. A single 2.5 coilover is **** all in a huge over powered truck. Like I said, my Ranger is running Radflo 2.5 Remote resis (functionally bigger than a 2.5 IBP) and 3" stroke Hydros and even it will blow through the stroke on larger hits. When you start throwing valving and spring rates at that as a solution you will literally boil your shock fluid.

End of the day, the people who built this truck had their hands tied, they needed to make a truck that is streetable, and like the Raptor it's limits are small

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  16. IA Shelby

IA Shelby Well-Known Member Established Member

My opinion was just that..an opinion and not fact. To answer your question, I think these are the things that I was underwhelmed by.
    1) the exterior looks - Raptor looks much better
    2) vehicle weight - these are designed for high speed Baja running. This thing looks plump.
    3) Price
    4) suspension - speculation not fact. A true off-road comparison by an independent 3rd party will obviously be a much better source. Raptor has been battled tested and then some.
    5) handling - again speculation not fact.

I could completely wrong. That was just my reaction meaning it is not credible to anyone except me. I am not a hater by any means. But it didn’t raise my blood pressure and say to me I have to have one. The new Bronco did the exact opposite. I reserved one immediately. Again just personal preference.

for those of you that want it, that is fantastic. I love the feeling of really wanting a vehicle. The only other Vehicle I have that level of desire for aside from the new Bronco, is a 65 Shelby cobra replica. We are all fortunate to have more choices that we can ever likely afford except Treynor.

17. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Well-Known Member Established Member

Watched the reveal. Love the truck. Would definitely buy the TRX over the Raptor.

csc427 likes this.
  18. Corbic

I get that. While I think it's a great looking truck, it doesn't look as radically different from a Ram as a Raptor does from a stock F150.

I got the TRX adds 600# to a Ram, it's adding a blower, 8HP90 and 35's. I didn't see total weight, Raptor is 6,600lbs.

Price is right where I expected it to be. I think most where worried they'd pull a Trackhawk and charge $90-100k for it.

A Rebel 5.7, Crew Cab, 4x4 has a base MSRP of $49,430.

19. GotHemi?

GotHemi? Hell Kitty Nut Swinger Established Member

Exactly. I will admit tho, that C8 is impressive. Other than that. They’re not doing much.

20. GotHemi?

GotHemi? Hell Kitty Nut Swinger Established Member

Which is where 90% of them will be. Probably have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than these two running across each other in the desert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diablo Mike likes this.