Ran my iphone through the wash

ff500

Established Member
I ran my iphone 5 through the wash. It had the otter defender cover on it, and when I call it, it vibrates but the screen is black. I can't power it down because there's no screen. Is there any hope for it!

Zemedici

Established Member
probably not, but I would throw it in a bin of rice with the otterbox taken off, and see if it helps any.

Couldnt hurt at this point. Unless you had a warranty on it.

ff500

Established Member
I'll put it in some rice and see what happens. Anyone know how I can forward any calls to my other cell phone?

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Well did you give it a dry cycle after? Need to get rid of all that moisture!

Kidding - if the rice trick doesn't work. Find a local repair guy, they are usually cheaper than apple.

PDubs

Established Member
Rice bag works.

Forwarding setup is usually done with the carrier. Login to your account, setup forwarding, done.

Zemedici

Established Member
I'll put it in some rice and see what happens. Anyone know how I can forward any calls to my other cell phone?

Good luck! Not that I know of.

Well did you give it a dry cycle after? Need to get rid of all that moisture!

Kidding - if the rice trick doesn't work. Find a local repair guy, they are usually cheaper than apple.

This. Apple and cheap arent ever in the same sentence.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
With Verizon I dial *72 then the number to forward it to then hit send. *73 to cancel. But since you cannot see if you are in call mode or not....

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Try going to the Apple store and play dumb. They might give you a free replacement. I recently dropped mine without the case and walked in the store and left 20 minutes later with a new one...free of charge. No reciept, no questions.

PDubs

Established Member
Verizon: You can setup forwarding online for sure. I did this as recent as one month ago (and it screwed up my YouMail setup!)
Others: Not sure if you can setup online

I'm pretty sure you can just call your carrier to have them set it up for you.

o2k

Noob
Established Member
Try going to the Apple store and play dumb. They might give you a free replacement. I recently dropped mine without the case and walked in the store and left 20 minutes later with a new one...free of charge. No reciept, no questions.

yup.. as long as they open it up and theres no water you should be good..

usaf_eagle

Established Member

Hahaha...right..

yup.. as long as they open it up and theres no water you should be good..

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yea right!!!!!

jrandy

Established Member

+1

I bought a 4 on ebay with water damage that was still under warranty. I brought the phone in and they came out and the guy said that there was lots of water damage, but sign here for your new phone. :rockon:

I would also try to rice trick. It has saved me a few times. :beer:

03DontMach

Established Member
I have been hooked up with a free replacement from Apple. They can be quite generous. Just don't call yelling at them when it was your fault and they usually will try and work something out for you. I would try the rice trick, if that doesn't work, I know it is 229 through apple to get a replacement device with it being damaged like that. That is worse case though. Sometimes a shop can hook you up depending if the logic board is really damage or not.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I remember someone fixing a tv that had got rained on. Used a blow dryer to dry it and it worked after that lol. Not sure if it would work on an iphone, worth a shot.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Apple techs can be really nice. There are water indicators inside of every phone. High humidity can set them off.

Go to a store and plead your case. If it got wet then it's a ticking time bomb for completely breaking at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread