Ran my iphone through the wash

projectslideway

Established Member
Add a bunch of silica gel beads in with the bag of rice. They are the little packs that come with beef jerky, shoes, and what not. I took the remaining moisture out of my screen (in one night) after a wonderful dip in the pool. Stop turning it on/off and don't plug it in.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
I'll put it in some rice and see what happens. Anyone know how I can forward any calls to my other cell phone?

To turn the phone off hold the unlock button along with the home button at the same time for ten seconds.

I'd take it somewhere immediately to either get it repaired or replaced under warranty possibly.

Also OP, it never hurts to go the Apple store and see if you can get it replaced under warranty. If they tell you no, ship the phone to Apple HQ themselves, that's what I did. I had that one-in-a-million bad jailbreak software and it ruined my 3GS. Took it to the Apple store, they thought I had jailbroken it and said they will not replace it. Not only that, but they said they took my model number and marked it down as warranty voided then proceeded to ask me to leave the store!

I said screw it, sent it off to Apple, and they sent me a brand new one straight to my door.

Last edited:

LC281

Established Member
Sam thing happened to me. Put a blow dryer to it until the over heating message pops up on the screen. Worked like a charm

ff500

Established Member
Phone is jacked, it won't even turn on. What was I thinking? Doing laundry! That's a woman's job! WTF! Now I'm pissed.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
If you know how to remove small screwes and unpin cables you can fix a cracked screen for 20-30$. It just involves about 40 minutes and patience. Actually, I have someone coming over tonight and I am replacing the screen and back on her 4S.

You had better PIIHB.

usaf_eagle

Established Member
Or some of us have gone through is before and know what were talking about.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

An iPhone with a defect is different than an iPhone dropped in water. Trust me, ask my wife if they give replacements for water damage. She just told them it wasn't working and they responded that they won't warranty a device with water damage.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3302

Last edited:

ff500

Established Member
Just went to at&t and they reactivated my I4, no charge. Next time I'm near an apple store I'll stop in and see what they can do with the I5, til then it's an expensive paper weight.

paynecasey

Established Member
My wife worked at AT&T Wireless for eight years and starts at T-Mobile tomorrow. For the most part I can tell you the rice in the bag is stupid.

If you have a warranty, turn it in. If not you can find a local shop that can fix it for $100.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
If you know how to remove small screwes and unpin cables you can fix a cracked screen for 20-30$. It just involves about 40 minutes and patience. Actually, I have someone coming over tonight and I am replacing the screen and back on her 4S.

Wrong
The iPhone 5 is one entire piece, unlike the i4

ff500

Established Member
Persistence pays off! I fixed it. I'll give it a couple days to make sure it doesn't act up and then go back to at&t and reactivate.

download.jpg

X3FBrian

Established Member
Yeah. I've always heard that the rice in the bag trick works. See what really happens is that when you surround the phone in rice, it attracts a team of Asians. Collectively, they can figure out how to fix your phone.

97PacificGreen

Established Member
Usually apple will let you exchange the phone for a small fee of $200. I think they're refurbished though. Itll work though

ff500

Established Member
Yeah. I've always heard that the rice in the bag trick works. See what really happens is that when you surround the phone in rice, it attracts a team of Asians. Collectively, they can figure out how to fix your phone.

I was surprised at how many little parts are in these things. I had to go out and get special tools just to open it. No signs of any water damage and its working fine. I was just gonna let it go and use my I4 but after looking on craigslist and seeing the 64Gb's going for $700-$800 I had to try and fix it. Maybe I should just sell it!

X3FBrian

Established Member
Or just don't drop it in water? I seen a few videos with an Iphone5 where some dude was letting it float around in boiling water. It withstood that for a surprising amount of time before it became unusable.

Users who are viewing this thread