Rarest of the Terminators

terminatd

Established Member
The SB was also 1 year 2003 only colour,,

But the production numbers include Canadian Spec cars which were different,,, I have been unsuccessful in getting the number breakdown....

Canadian cars had DRLS, metric speedo and the extra 50 hp required by Transport Canada regulation 23 section 7.4a subsection 3.1. Also, back in 03 Canadian cars pulled to the left while US spec pulled to the right. now, it is the opposite, of course.. US alignment has gone hard left..

Canadian spec Cobra production started much later in 2003. making 03s a part year in Canada.. so my Canadian 03 SB vert is about 1 of 6.... (the only 1 vert SB sold in BC, about 3 SB coupes) with no more than about 15 total 03 SBs Canadian spec cars.... Black was by far more popular,,

what does this mean, nothing,, except that rarity is in the eyes and perspective of the beholder...

It would be interesting if anyone can get the breakout of Canadian spec cars from those totals... it seems to be more accurate that Canadian spec and US spec shouldn't be combined...

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
there is a blue one on maui. came from aus and is RHD.
took us 2 months to get a high side AC line for it.

not counting the roush/saleen/etc cars what are some rare ones? competition orange vert?

IMO ^^^ the rarest, I believe there was a vert Mystichrome RHD posted here at one time as well. It wasn't converted but produced by Ford that way.

terminatd

Established Member
Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
I remember that car..
That car wasn't factory done by Ford. it was imported and converted..

here is the link,,,

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/200207-rhd-mystichrome-has-arrived.html

Then I stand corrected, I could have sworn it was built RHD. I wonder if the Blue unit in Maui listed earlier in the thread was factory RHD.

I'm not one for counting Saleen's and Rousch's as rarities. To me the cars with rare color combo's etc. that rolled off Ford's prodution line complete are more precious.

terminatd

Established Member
Then I stand corrected, I could have sworn it was built RHD. I wonder if the Blue unit in Maui listed earlier in the thread was factory RHD.

I'm not one for counting Saleen's and Rousch's as rarities. To me the cars with rare color combo's etc. that rolled off Ford's prodution line complete are more precious.

The 100 2002 Aussie RHD Cobras were converted after production by Tickford, but they were basically identical to 2001 cobras... there were no factory RHD cars...

here is one...
2002 Ford Mustang Cobra (No Series) Cars For Sale in NSW - CarPoint Australia

but rarity is not necessarily desirability..

It would be nice to get a further breakdown, US vs Canadian spec, spoiler delete, chrome wheels etc..

and after 10 years, how many are left on the road...

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
I'm partial the the thread earlier this year or so about the sanctioned Terminator pace cars. Now that's an aftermarket speciality that is off the typical beaten path of Saleen and Rousch.

vr4

Established Member
The 100 2002 Aussie RHD Cobras were converted after production by Tickford, but they were basically identical to 2001 cobras... there were no factory RHD cars...

here is one...
2002 Ford Mustang Cobra (No Series) Cars For Sale in NSW - CarPoint Australia

but rarity is not necessarily desirability..

It would be nice to get a further breakdown, US vs Canadian spec, spoiler delete, chrome wheels etc..

and after 10 years, how many are left on the road...

this. it was converted to be legal in aus by tickford after arrival. its been over 5 years since ive seen the car but everything looked right.

i did kinda like the front bumper....more due to originality than anything else.

2002-Ford-Mustang-Cobra.jpg

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
As mentioned rare does not mean more valuable. If I'm not mistaking the OP never asked what 03/04 is more valuable, the question was simple.

Based on that premise the 03 satin silver vert and the 04 CO vert are the rarest based on production #'s.

If value was the question I would think Mystichrome hands down.

However if you compare the resale value of an 03/04 compared to all mustangs from the 90 through 2009, they have held up very well. so yes they do command a premium.

Could they in general be considered rare...

azure mach

Established Member
My vote goes to the Teal Terminator! :rockon:

There's a BAB Terminator, too, (belongs to CobraTerritory) but it's a clone so it doesn't count towards the rarest Terminator. I like it, though. I love custom paint. Not for everyone, but definitely different and potentially rare in the minds of some.

Didn't the Teal Terminator start life as a V6 mustang?

azure mach

Established Member
this. it was converted to be legal in aus by tickford after arrival. its been over 5 years since ive seen the car but everything looked right.

i did kinda like the front bumper....more due to originality than anything else.

2002-Ford-Mustang-Cobra.jpg

I still don't see why they didn't throw the extra fog lights in the empty holes in the fog bezels :shrug:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
My vote goes to the Teal Terminator! :rockon:

There's a BAB Terminator, too, (belongs to CobraTerritory) but it's a clone so it doesn't count towards the rarest Terminator. I like it, though. I love custom paint. Not for everyone, but definitely different and potentially rare in the minds of some.

seriously bob? the Teal Terminator isn't even a terminator it's a clone. a very well done clone but a clone none the less. and even if it was a terminator it would not count as a "rare" because the didn't come in that color and repaints don't count either.

what counts when talking about rarity is WHAT CAME FROM THE FACTORY. anything else is a bastardization no matter how well it is done.

terminatd

Established Member
How far do you go,,

colour.
body style
spoiler delete
seat colour or roof for vert
black antenna or silver (they switched to silver mid 03 run)
chrome or satin wheel
Can/US spec

my car came with a GT wiper on the passenger side from the factory,

that must be rare... 1 of 1

Users who are viewing this thread