Rarest of the Terminators

vr4

Established Member
Any 2002 Cobras around here?? :shrug:

there is a blue one on maui. came from aus and is RHD.
took us 2 months to get a high side AC line for it.

not counting the roush/saleen/etc cars what are some rare ones? competition orange vert?

AdamSVT

Established Member
in your opinion LOL! I agree that sonic blue is awesome but I think the mystichrome is the best color. followed by SB then Black then everything else

This. I've had both a black and MC. MC definitely turns more heads than my black cobra...

I agree with RDJ. Mystichrome is the best color. I've only seen that color live, twice in my life. One day it was while the sun was shining brightly and another it was on a cloudy day and it was just amazing how different and awesome that color looked.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I was hoping my 1of 320 10th anny. Silver with red/black interior was rare...

people think their color and or interior make shit rare and rare always = collectable. such is not the case.

your 10th anniversary is likely to be collectable because of the fact it is a 10th not because it was 1 of 320 red/black interior. but for you to take advantage of the "collectability" you will have to wait 20 or 30 years probably.

the Mystichromes are likely to be collectable even tho there was 1000 of them made all exactly the same. why? because that color was available ONLY on the 2004 cobras and was the ONLY one to come with chrome wheels stock from the factory. but we will have to wait 20 or 30 years to take advantage of that potential "collectability". they are holding their value better than some but that is about it.

as far as the rest of them, they will be looked at as cobras and are less likely to be collectable down the road. The color combinations were available on every model of mustang and some trucks and other vehicles so the color is not rare and will mean exactly squat down the road.

ctgreddy

Established Member
no wonder the parchment interior cars and the saleen cobra's are rare, the parchments hideous and so is the saleen kit on a cobra. I'd take a plain 'ole CO w/ dark inserts over any "rare" combination.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
no wonder the parchment interior cars and the saleen cobra's are rare, the parchments hideous and so is the saleen kit on a cobra. I'd take a plain 'ole CO w/ dark inserts over any "rare" combination.

Exactly!

More often than not, there are going to be some very good reasons why certain cars with certain color combinations are rare!

Looking odd is one of the top reasons.

And "odd" is being kind.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
the 03 Mineral Gray coupe is a hard find too, never seen one in person.
I saw one for sale on Ebay that was linked in a thread here last week, it was beautiful under 10K miles!! AND I DON'T consider those ground effect Saleen turds a True Terminator!

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
lol. I was just making a joke about the Sonic Purple thing. I don't know Fords SB paint code off hand, but it's SB. Everyone just use to be like "why did you want a purple Mustang", or they would describe my car as a purple Mustang when talking about it with others. In certain light, or when it's wet or whatnot SB can look somewhat purple-ish.

the code is SN. if anyone cares.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Exactly!

More often than not, there are going to be some very good reasons why certain cars with certain color combinations are rare!

Looking odd is one of the top reasons.

And "odd" is being kind.

So very true Jimmy. Sometimes beauty definitely is in the eyes of the beholder. Lol.

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
If you are talking rare, you would also need to consider rear spoiler delete.
You should check out CobraBob's Terminator FAQ's.

Production Numbers/Colors
+1 first place to look for all Terminator questions!

Here are the 2003 convertible body/top/interior combos>>
Got this info from a CD I received from Peter C. Sessler author of the Mustang Red Book

2003 Body/Top/Interior

Black/Black/Graph 1095
Black/Black/Parch 68
Black/Black/Red 394
Black/Parch/parch 122

White/Black/Graph 171
White/Black/Parch 7
White/Parch/Parch 130

Yellow/Black/Graph 319

DSG/Black/Graph 446

M Gray/Black/Graph 154

T Red/Black/Graph 150
T Red/Black/Red 369
T Red/Parch/Graph 7
T Red/Parch/Parch 56

Redfire/Black/Graph 403
Redfire/Parch/Graph 11
Redfire/Parch/Parch 196

S Blue/Black/Graph 340
S Blue/Black/Parch 2
S Blue/Parch/Parch 13

S Silver/Black/Graph 81

M Silver/Black/Char 311
M Silver/Black/Red 237

people think their color and or interior make shit rare and rare always = collectable. such is not the case.

your 10th anniversary is likely to be collectable because of the fact it is a 10th not because it was 1 of 320 red/black interior. but for you to take advantage of the "collectability" you will have to wait 20 or 30 years probably.

the Mystichromes are likely to be collectable even tho there was 1000 of them made all exactly the same. why? because that color was available ONLY on the 2004 cobras and was the ONLY one to come with chrome wheels stock from the factory. but we will have to wait 20 or 30 years to take advantage of that potential "collectability". they are holding their value better than some but that is about it.

as far as the rest of them, they will be looked at as cobras and are less likely to be collectable down the road. The color combinations were available on every model of mustang and some trucks and other vehicles so the color is not rare and will mean exactly squat down the road.
Very well said, except I always thought that the chrome wheels were available from the factory on any terminator beginning in the middle of the first year of production.

My color combo (Black/Black/Parchment) is 1 0f 68. Unless I find a buyer who is dead set on the combo it is worth perhaps an additional $27.67 lol

Just a matter of opinion, and one I don't agree with. Personally I hate the Dark Charcoal inserts.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Very well said, except I always thought that the chrome wheels were available from the factory on any terminator beginning in the middle of the first year of production.
they were available at extra cost. they were part of the mystichrome package which is why we can say they were the only ones with them available as STOCK. a minor difference perhaps but it is what made them unique (not rare however )

My color combo (Black/Black/Parchment) is 1 0f 68. Unless I find a buyer who is dead set on the combo it is worth perhaps an additional $27.67 lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread