Rarest vehicle you have ever seen on the street

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
Rarest car I've seen is a 1970 Ford Torino King Cobra prototype. Only 2 in existence.
torino.jpg

Recon

Established Member
^ 3 actually, not including the Cyclone version.
One with a CJ, SCJ and Boss 429. Cyclone Spoiler II has the Boss 429 in it as well.

Pick your poison.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Just remembered seeing the one of one Falcon Thunderbolt at Doc Snyder’s place. Parked in the same garage with 10 of the 100 Fairlane Thunderbolts (including the first and last one built). Oh - and there were two A/FX altered wheelbase drag Mustangs with the 427 cammer motors also. And about 80 other amazing cars.

Yes - my head exploded that day.

blk02edge

Established Member
Just remembered seeing the one of one Falcon Thunderbolt at Doc Snyder’s place. Parked in the same garage with 10 of the 100 Fairlane Thunderbolts (including the first and last one built). Oh - and there were two A/FX altered wheelbase drag Mustangs with the 427 cammer motors also. And about 80 other amazing cars.

Yes - my head exploded that day.
Any pics of it or a link? I cant find a single reference to a falcon thunderbolt on the google

MisterScrub

Established Member
A couple years ago I was stuck in bumper to bumper evening rush hour traffic on the 40 loop around Nashville. I kept seeing an unusual light blue sixty's coupe.
During the stop and go traffic I eventually ended up one lane over and to the rear of said car. I could just make out the Corvette emblem on the back, but not the smaller word next to it.
It was not any Vette I was familiar with. Later, I went internet searching and found out is was the 1963 Corvette Rondine Concept.
A steel rebody done by Pininfarina. 1 of 1 worth almost 2 million at auction in 2008.
I couldn't believe someone was driving something that rare and valuable in that traffic.

Cliff notes: I saw an old vette.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Any pics of it or a link? I cant find a single reference to a falcon thunderbolt on the google

I wish I had pics. They went bye bye when an old phone went belly up. It is the only one made. Maroon paint. The pic is burned in my memory. I need to get back to his place someday for another tour.

coposrv

Established Member
Didn’t that cdn garage make one from scratch?
Restoration garage or something and now it’s in Dubai iirc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pursang is a company based in Argentina I think. They make replicas in the true sense of the word of some early Bugatti’s and Alfa romeos. The replicas alone go for nearly a million.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

murse

Established Member
Premium Member

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
It very likely could be. Regardless if it was, it looked very well done, racecar for the street. The Z is going to be sweet when it is finished, but we have been busy so slow to put it back together. We painted it Brittany Blue which is a Mustang color and looks great on the car. But that also reminds me, when I was in high school, about 15 years ago, I used to see a Toyota 2000GT driven often on nice days. Obviously well before they were million dollar collectables.

I used to love these cars. Had such an odd appearance and of course the powertrain was stout. I believe they advertised the X Power with an 800 or 1000hp option using nitrous, but I thought it never made it past concept form though because MG went under. What they did with the back seat was cool too.

View attachment 1470734View attachment 1470735

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Hey I've seen one of those!
They're... odd to say the least.
I saw it and wonder wtf it was. Looked at the plaque next to the car and I was mightly impressed.
He never had the hood open but the plaque said 5.0 4-valve Ford V8. Guessing it's a stroked modular in it?

SlySy

My son watches My Little Pony???wtf
Established Member
I saw an Enzo Ferrari once. I don't know how rare they are but this was in little ole Nashville Tn, so I was surprised. I've seen a Chevy Volt once and a Chevy SSR if we're just counting low number cars that didn't sell worth a crap.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
Up here in NY, a trio of wing cars- 440+6/4speed Superbird, 440/727 daytona, and 440+6/auto survivor superbird.

Although those might just be what stands out.

Users who are viewing this thread