Ready for a custom tune.....

RSH427R

Established Member
and I wanted some opinions on which tuner to go to. I would prefer to go to a local shop that can dyno tune the car. The two that I am considering are PHP Paul's High Performance and Brenspeed Mustang Performance Parts & Upgrades by Brenspeed. Both claim about the same HP gain (80 to the wheels) and are similarly priced. (799 plus 90 for install(CAI and dyno tune)) Brenspeed is about 20 min from my house and PHP is about 90 min. Anyone on here have a tune from either?

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
If they run the same software, speak to some of there customers and see
what they say. Sometimes 90 mins is worth the trip.

I prefer the custom tune myself instead of the mail order. Just piece
of mind for me

RSH427R

Established Member
I prefer the custom tune myself instead of the mail order. Just piece
of mind for me

My logic also. Especially when you have a couple of good tuners close by. I have spoken to a lot of Brenspeed customers because they are so close. Problem is none of them have a GT500.

Last edited:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
My logic also. Especially when you have a couple of good tuners close by. I have spoken to a lot of Brenspeed customers because they are so close. Problem is none of them have a GT500.

hmmm, sure would be nice to hear from a 500 owner. what type of program does he use, SCT? If so, you could always purchase a Jon Lund tune then get her on the dyno to make sure all t's are crossed and i's dotted

just my $.02 beans

Tarball

Established Member
Lund does know the GT500 inside and out. PHP should do a great job though.

Last edited:

RSH427R

Established Member
hmmm, sure would be nice to hear from a 500 owner. what type of program does he use, SCT? If so, you could always purchase a Jon Lund tune then get her on the dyno to make sure all t's are crossed and i's dotted

just my $.02 beans

Both use SCT.(not sure about Lund) I suppose they could tweak it if necessary :shrug: Not sure how that works.

Last edited:

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
PHP did the 2.9 whipple install on a GT500 a few threads back...

Users who are viewing this thread