real test against 5.0

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
These two dopes think I care about resell value LOL.......the age old excuse

At xsellr8 stop talking like the terminator is so terrifying that people should respect you lmfao. Last time I checked respect is earned and not giving on the streets or for anywhere for that matter.....That describes some of you cobros to the tee always think everyone is second fiddle but have no clue the majority of you are just extinct dinosaurs on the streets/track.

At the end of the day we have alot of guys with monopoly money on this site saying what they would have done with someone's money. Looking at the two, 30k saved is 30k saved no matter how you look when comparing a new GT500 vs a new GT 5.0. Throwing the same about of money in both will net you about the same hp so why not do it for 30k less?

Me personally I've never been one to care about the top of the line name brand shit like it seems like most of America gets their self worth from. What I do know my Plain old coyote has the same creature comforts as any GT500 out there and will be twice as fast for the same price I could have bought one at.

Just say saying.....I think I've made enough good financial decisions in life to be able to drop that kinda coin in mods and do understand when modding a new car it's never an investment but just a hobby.

FYI the weather isn't looking to good for the Party in Mexico we have lined up but if it does happen I'll be sure to get some vids for you real car guys.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Not to be a douche but 700 to 1200 is a huge jump in power and possibly reliability.

I assume you would have to be TT? Not sure what single turbo would get you that high?

I would think your intake or heads would be limiting you before 1200hp but again maybe not?

Will the promod shortblock be a 5.0? Why not simply rebuild the coyote? Again I assumed the block was good for 1200 HP as most teksids can get to 1000 HP

1200 RWHP is about 1365 crank HP with 12% DT loss...maybe 25K will get you there?

Heads will most likey be ported along with JPC cam regrinds/springs.....The MMR promod block is sleeved and good for 1500rwhp, they've tested it up to 2000rwhp at the track and it has a 1 1/2 warranty.

JPC's coyote made over 1200rwhp on their single turbo kit and ran a 7.9 at 173mph so it can be done. I'm still deciding on what turbo kit to go with at the moment but leaning towards CPR's single with an air to water intercooler. Plus the block shouldn't be here at the end of next month, so I still have some time to decide.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Last time I checked respect is earned and not giving on the streets

The Cobra has earned respect. What has the 5.0 earned?:pop:

At the end of the day we have alot of guys with monopoly money on this site saying what they would have done with someone's money. Looking at the two, 30k saved is 30k saved no matter how you look when comparing a new GT500 vs a new GT 5.0. Throwing the same about of money in both will net you about the same hp so why not do it for 30k less?

Um....no. Logic dictates that if one car starts with 600 HP, and one starts with 200HP, then both cars get the same modifications, the 600 HP car will generate more horsepower after modification than the 200 HP car. Are you lost here or what? :shrug:

Me personally I've never been one to care about the top of the line name brand shit like it seems like most of America gets their self worth from. What I do know my Plain old coyote has the same creature comforts as any GT500 out there and will be twice as fast for the same price I could have bought one at.

Yeah I know..."Cobro, cobro....don't want a Cobra...GT500 is inferior to the GT, etc. etc." Trust me, we got it. Nothing can stop the 5.0, not even God himself. Jesus. :nonono::rollseyes

I think I've made enough good financial decisions in life

These two dopes think I care about resell value

:dw: Doesn't sound like it......

FYI the weather isn't looking to good for the Party in Mexico we have lined up but if it does happen I'll be sure to get some vids for you real car guys.

Like a kid pitching a fit, I can always count on you to throw insults in your posts. Stop being so predictable. It's to the point of being boring.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Like a kid pitching a fit, I can always count on you to throw insults in your posts. Stop being so predictable. It's to the point of being boring.

Come on out Saturday night and I'll show you who's a kid but I know that wont happen because your still healing from when your girlfriend dumped you.......lol

That's why I bought the Cobra actually but the biggest reason was to make it a reward for myself for all the crap I'm having to deal with. I was supposed to get married last December after a four year relationship, but that fell through on me as well, so there's just a lot of shit going on right now. Having the car and coming on here kind of keeps me distracted, you know?

I've really come to know MY Cobra inside and out, since I spend my freetime trying to learn more and more about the car above and beyond what I already do. Now that I've got all the basic stuff down, I like to daydream about how to implement different forced induction options someday to make crazy power. LOL. Doubt I will ever do it, but it's cool to think about and keeps me busy. :beer:

Though I forgot about this, just goes to show you how lame you are bro and this site is the only thing you have. LMFAO

So please stop acting like something your not because you showed your cards already.

Elwood617

Established Member
I know, right?
These guys should buy a built terminator and a '13 for the same price. That way...
1. They'd have a Cobra that everyone would recognize as the king of the streets when its coming. Instant respect.
2. They'd have a nice, new 5.0 daily driver that would hold its own against most cars on the road (except terminators)
3. If they tear down and build a new 5.0 the only new car thing left is maybe the smell. I still don't understand rebuilding a brand new car, but to each his own.

Just to let you know, some of is bought the Coyote because it's a great platform to start with. It's a good at everything and responds really well to mods.
I'm in the could have bought a GT500 crowd, but didn't because I didn't want to rip a GT500 apart. It is also has more weight over the front axles, which you can only do so much to compensate for.
I didn't want a Terminator because I think the new Coyote has more potential.
As for street reputation, I don't really care. I don't race on the street, so that really isn't a big deal to me.
Just keep in mind that not every 5.0 cares about resale, street credibility, or being the top of some imagined pecking order.
We just love our cars, modding them and driving the shit out of them :)

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Just to let you know, some of is bought the Coyote because it's a great platform to start with. It's a good at everything and responds really well to mods.
I'm in the could have bought a GT500 crowd, but didn't because I didn't want to rip a GT500 apart. It is also has more weight over the front axles, which you can only do so much to compensate for.
As for street reputation, I don't really care. I don't race on the street, so that really isn't a big deal to me.
Just keep in mind that not every 5.0 cares about resale, street credibility, or being the top of some imagined pecking order.

Well ****ing put :beer:

stangfreak

Established Member
so your telling me, from when the 03 cobra came out, to now, it didnt earn its respect on the street? what are you ****ing kidding me? lmao. That was comical.

The 03 cobra is not the best. It's not the end all be all car. But don't come tell me it didnt earn respect on the street. The new 5.0 is a bad ass car. It is. Im looking to get a 2015 myself. But I was around for both debuts and the new 5.0 did not make the same impact as the cobra did. Again I am not saying its the best car or bragging, but the 03 cobra is a special car and will go down in history. Just because its not a 10 second car out of the show room, that doesnt mean it wont be remembered. You can make any car fast.

Look at the history of the cobra, iron fist lead foot, all the compilations, making the twinscrew (kb) popular, the timeless look, etc. I can go on.

Do you think in 10 years your 5.0 will be remembered like the 03 cobra? noway. I dont give a shit how fast you make it. it is what it is. its a flavor of the month car. That is all it will be. Is it better than a terminator? sure. It is a better car all around, but it will never REPLACE the terminator.

Look at when 04sleeper with the tt coyote posts his pics. To this day, members on here say, " I like your terminator better." lol do a search and look for yourself. No need to get upset.

we earned out respect.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Come on out Saturday night and I'll show you who's a kid but I know that wont happen because your still healing from when your girlfriend dumped you.......lol

Though I forgot about this, just goes to show you how lame you are bro and this site is the only thing you have. LMFAO

So please stop acting like something your not because you showed your cards already.

Acting like something I'm not? How so?

I'm not denying anything I said. :shrug:

You want to know what the difference is between you and me "bro"? You lack self confidence. BAD. You try and try to compensate with your car, but it isn't going to happen. And so you get on here, bat around "Cobro" this and "Cobro" that, and you bad mouth the GT500 nonstop.....and why is that? I'll tell you why: because, despite making "great financial decisions" in your life that supposedly let you "drop coin" on your GT, you couldn't afford a GT500. And you've been trying to justify your purchase...EVER...SINCE.

Anybody can run up a credit line, and I'd bet dollars to dimes that all your mods are financed. Does that matter? Nope...it only matters if you're going to go around nut-swinging about how rich you are when we all know that's a bunch of shit.

So go ahead, post up something I made in another thread that died a long time ago. Bring up anything you can find. Do I care? Nope. Because anyone who's been paying attention to what I post here knows that I haven't posted a damn thing and later gone back and said, "Actually that was just bullshit." If I said it, it's true.

So before you go around telling people not to act like something their not, I'd look in the mirror. You're right, I have shown my cards already. And it's been verified, just as I knew from the beginning, that against you, I've got the better hand by far.

stangfreak

Established Member

For being 10 years newer and for the price you are paying for a GT now a days, I sure hope it will be better than the cobra lol. still, a pulley bolt on cobra will go mid to low 11's and its ancient technology. To this day people are still buying a 2003 car. :rockon: :beer::burnout:

stangfreak

Established Member

You want to know what the difference is between you and me "bro"? You lack self confidence. BAD. You try and try to compensate with your car, but it isn't going to happen. And so you get on here, bat around "Cobro" this and "Cobro" that, and you bad mouth the GT500 nonstop.....and why is that? I'll tell you why: because, despite making "great financial decisions" in your life that supposedly let you "drop coin" on your GT, you couldn't afford a GT500. And you've been trying to justify your purchase...EVER...SINCE.

Anybody can run up a credit line, and I'd bet dollars to dimes that all your mods are financed. Does that matter? Nope...it only matters if you're going to go around nut-swinging about how rich you are when we all know that's a bunch of shit.

So go ahead, post up something I made in another thread that died a long time ago. Bring up anything you can find. Do I care? Nope. Because anyone who's been paying attention to what I post here knows that I haven't posted a damn thing and later gone back and said, "Actually that was just bullshit." If I said it, it's true.

So before you go around telling people not to act like something their not, I'd look in the mirror. You're right, I have shown my cards already. And it's been verified, just as I knew from the beginning, that against you, I've got the better hand by far.

lol!!! well said

Sick03Vert

Banned

Too bad more owners don't have this attitude. :beer:

Well ****ing put :beer:

Give me a God damn break dude...seriously. :lol1:

so your telling me, from when the 03 cobra came out, to now, it didnt earn its respect on the street? what are you ****ing kidding me? lmao. That was comical.

The 03 cobra is not the best. It's not the end all be all car. But don't come tell me it didnt earn respect on the street. The new 5.0 is a bad ass car. It is. Im looking to get a 2015 myself. But I was around for both debuts and the new 5.0 did not make the same impact as the cobra did. Again I am not saying its the best car or bragging, but the 03 cobra is a special car and will go down in history. Just because its not a 10 second car out of the show room, that doesnt mean it wont be remembered. You can make any car fast.

Look at the history of the cobra, iron fist lead foot, all the compilations, making the twinscrew (kb) popular, the timeless look, etc. I can go on.

Do you think in 10 years your 5.0 will be remembered like the 03 cobra? noway. I dont give a shit how fast you make it. it is what it is. its a flavor of the month car. That is all it will be. Is it better than a terminator? sure. It is a better car all around, but it will never REPLACE the terminator.

Look at when 04sleeper with the tt coyote posts his pics. To this day, members on here say, " I like your terminator better." lol do a search and look for yourself. No need to get upset.

we earned out respect.

Now THAT...is a damn post. :rockon::beer::thumbsup:

stangfreak

Established Member
I apologize for droppin names. I wasnt bashing 04sleeper so everyone knows that. He is a cool guy. I have nothing but respect for 04sleeper. Just to be clear.

But what I have learned on this site this year, is that, the TVS is the best supercharger ever made and will turn any cobra into a 9 second car, and the 5.0 with bolt on's beat c6z06's all day and is the next best thing since sliced bread.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member

Put your money where you mouth is......how much you wanna bet? I'm wasting my time in here with yall silly ass cobro owners living in the past lol. I can respect a modded terminator guy but not these chumps that bought the car 10 years after the fact trying to reclaim its glory for the past, acting like yall had something to do with the build.

As far as lacking self confidence don't you think I would have just bought the GT500 instead of picking up a GT, modding it to make it my own? From the sounds of it you bought your terminator to make you feel big and bad again after your girlfriend dumped you.....so speak for yourself.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Put your money where you mouth is......how much you wanna bet?

:dw: This doesn't even make sense. Of course, you're in League City so......no surprise.

I'm wasting my time in here with yall silly ass cobro owners living in the past lol. I can respect a modded terminator guy but not these chumps that bought the car 10 years after the fact trying to reclaim its glory for the past, acting like yall had something to do with the build.

Like I said, "Cobro this" and "Cobro that". *yawn*. :bored:

As far as lacking self confidence don't you think I would have just bought the GT500 instead of picking up a GT, modding it to make it my own? From the sounds of it you bought your terminator to make you feel big and bad again after your girlfriend dumped you.....so speak for yourself.

I bought my Terminator because it is my dream car. Some want a Ferrari, some want a Viper, I wanted an 03 Cobra.

I'd stake a big bet that there aren't many people dreaming of owning a GT though, whatcha think? :lol1:

As for the girlfriend thing, you really are trying to ride that shit to glory aren't you? Talk about pathetic. I guess when you are totally outclassed, as you are here, you have to result to whatever you can though. :D

If I were you, I'd take your own advice and just shut up. The more you talk, the easier this shit gets for me.

Last edited:

Sick03Vert

Banned
I apologize for droppin names. I wasnt bashing 04sleeper so everyone knows that. He is a cool guy. I have nothing but respect for 04sleeper. Just to be clear.

But what I have learned on this site this year, is that, the TVS is the best supercharger ever made and will turn any cobra into a 9 second car, and the 5.0 with bolt on's beat c6z06's all day and is the next best thing since sliced bread.

:lol:

Legit.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
I bought my Terminator because it is my dream car. Some want a Ferrari, some want a Viper, I wanted an 03 Cobra.

I'd stake a big bet that there aren't many people dreaming of owning a GT though, whatcha think? :lol1:

As for the girlfriend thing, you really are trying to ride that shit to glory aren't you? Talk about pathetic. I guess when you are totally outclassed, as you are here, you have to result to whatever you can though. :D

If I were you, I'd take your own advice and just shut up. The more you talk, the easier this shit gets for me.

Outclassed lol you truly need to get over yourself by owning a terminator. It's not about dreaming about owning a 5.0 its the potential that drew me in. Of course you speak of car's you can't own but settle for a 15k 10year car that you can and I'm outclassed lmao. I willing to bet I pay more in taxes and child support than you make a year....is that a bet your willing to consider since your so much better than me lol?

Sick03Vert

Banned
Outclassed lol you truly need to get over yourself by owning a terminator. It's not about dreaming about owning a 5.0 its the potential that drew me in. Of course you speak of car's you can't own but settle for a 15k 10year car that you can and I'm outclassed lmao. I willing to bet I pay more in taxes and child support than you make a year....is that a bet your willing to consider since your so much better than me lol?

You missed it entirely. I wasn't referring to outclassing you by vehicle, or by monetary wealth. I was referring to outclassing you in straight up class.

Which, by the way, you just proved again.

And you also confirmed that you know jack about Cobras as well. When you find a 2003 10th Coupe with 16k miles on it, one owner, and never wrecked for $15k, you let me know. :lol1:

Like I said before, I'd just stop posting on this one if I were you. I take no pleasure from shooting fish in a barrel. :fart:

Last edited:

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
You missed it entirely. I wasn't referring to outclassing you by vehicle, or by monetary wealth. I was referring to outclassing you in straight up class.

Which, by the way, you just proved again.

And you also confirmed that you know jack about Cobras as well. When you find a 2003 10th Coupe with 16k miles on it, one owner, and never wrecked for $15k, you let me know. :lol1:

Like I said before, I'd just stop posting on this one if I were you. I take no pleasure from shooting fish in a barrel. :fart:

Ok Yeah you win lol i want your life so bad.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member

BRAVO, BRAVO! Puttin' them in their place!
Funny we keep getting "dinosaur" comments. Is that supposed to hurt our feelings or something? If our Cobras are still on the road OUTPERFORMING a car 10 years newer, I see no relevance. I'd take a terminator over an ugly ass (literally) 5.0 any day.

Funny we keep hearing comments about supposedly being "dumped" by a girlfriend this guy apparently knows all about. Did he finally get a girlfriend and now tries to throw that on everyone like his new 5.0? Lol. No, I don't have a girlfriend.. I have a wife who, by the way, is very excited about the new house we're building with the $60k I have in the bank that I decided to spend on her, not a new GT500. You'll wish you had that $30k back you dumped on your Coyote if you ever get past the girlfriend stage and put a marriage before your next build.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread