Rear differential issue

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
Hey everyone,

i went to track on Sunday and when I would engage line lock to do a burnout my friend behind me noticed that my driver side wheel wasn't spinning while the passenger side was burning out. I know it can't be the line lock since it has nothing to do with the rear brakes. Has this happened to anyone else? Not exactly sure what the issue is but I'm guessing my diferential going bad?? Is this is the case what do I need to fix this I was thinking new gears and maybe torsen limited slip

imeyers302

Established Member
Assuming you have the standard diff and not the torsen. If the discs in the differential are worn it will behave like an open diff and only one wheel will spin. Good news is it can be serviced easily. You gotta get that fixed asap. A mustang that leaves one tire mark is unamerican!!

Last edited:

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
Haha yeah I know I'm fixing my clutch figured I would fix this as well with a torsen limited slip n 3.73 installation kit with all new bearings and pins

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Eaton true trac is where it is at. I have one and I really like it with 3.31 gears

Users who are viewing this thread