rear seat removal/rear abs sensors

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
seat removal/abs sensors (update pics inside)

To remove the rear seat bottom do I just push in to release or is there a clip of some sort at the front? I searched and found both answers listed. I've got to replace my rear abs sensors and they plug in under the rear seat right?

Thanks in advance
Mike

Last edited:

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
there are two clips that hold that bottom seat in place. They are directly in the middle of each side where the seat meets the carpet (does that make sense?) There is a tab you have to push in and then lift the seat.

Last edited:

19Mystic96

Established Member
To remove the rear seat bottom do I just push in to release or is there a clip of some sort at the front? I searched and found both answers listed. I've got to replace my rear abs sensors and they plug in under the rear seat right?

Thanks in advance
Mike

i thought the ABS sensors are conncected to the bracket for the Disc brakes..
like behind the Caliper bracket..

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
^^^

They are, but if you don't have that special tool, you can unplug it under the rearseat

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
Update. Heres what the clip looks like. Just like mystic-svt and badass described. Hard on the fingers getting to it. Attached is a pic of that and where the abs sensor plugs into the harness.

dynoday086.jpg

dynoday085.jpg

Last edited:

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
By special tool do you mean, "new abs sensor" lol.....? I don't think I've ever been able to remove one from the rear without the bolt breaking.

This bolts are prone to breaking if you don't spray WD-40 on them before removing them. I believe from the factory they have threadlock on them. I broke one of them when I was doing my IRS swap.

SVT CAMR

Established Member
Ahahaha yeah, it's like a reverse torx bit.

Your going to need a 12 point 1/4" socket to remove the magnet from the axle housing. I never had a problem breaking bolts. No need to really tighten it. Just make it tight, snug and use the correct socket or you will end up stripping the head of the bolt. I stripped the head of the bolt once and then bought the correct socket and a new bolt of course. This should be a piece of cake for you. You will need to remove the e-brake cable if i'm not mistaken.

19Mystic96

Established Member
^^^

They are, but if you don't have that special tool, you can unplug it under the rearseat

ahh.. gotcha.. but i just used a 6pt 1/4" socket to get it out and its worked great for me.. never had a problem...

and i thought he was talking about the sensors on the rear end... never knew the plugs were under my rear seats... learn something new everyday... :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread