Rear Suspension Rattle after Peeling Out

Texas12GT

Established Member
Okay, this morning on my way to work I did a couple nice peel outs. After the second one, I slowed down and turned into the neighborhood my work is in. Then I started to hear a random rattling noise from the rear end. Sounds like metal on metal rattle with acceleration at low speeds. What is weird is that it is not constant, more intermittent.

I actually had this exact same issue last year when I was completely stock and had warranty. The dealer said it was the shocks and replaced them. Is there issues with the hardware on the shocks getting loose? Right now I have Eibach Shocks and Springs, which have been on the car almost a year now. Hopefully someone else has dealt with this as well. Thanks!

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
possible sway bar links…I just replaced mine with a Steeda sway bar and poly based links. No more noise or knocking and a little better cornering.

Texas12GT

Established Member
possible sway bar links…I just replaced mine with a Steeda sway bar and poly based links. No more noise or knocking and a little better cornering.

Yeah it's possible, I know a lot of people have issues with the sway bar. Weird thing is that it seems those people have constant noise or over bumps. I just took the car out for lunch and it was fine. This only happens after giving the rear end a thrashing with spinning the tires...

BMR Tech

Does the noise happen on accel and decel primarily? Hitting bumps?

Our 2011 did this, stock, and it was the UCA moving in the Mount.....

20131210_155232.jpg

Of course, this should explain what was making the noise. Bunch of slop there. When that grip of the OEM UCA brakes, then you get bolt on mount clicking and clunking.

20131209_104746.jpg

If that is the case, you can use our UCA with your OEM UCA, which I have many customers do. It works nicely.

20131209_104605.jpg

Keep us updated!

Texas12GT

Established Member
Wow thanks for the info Kelly. That definitely could be it. The noise doesn't last for long, but it is during accel/decel over uneven pavement. So are you recommending I can use the BMR Mount with the OEM UCA?

BMR Tech

I am.

But, I recommend loosening and re-tightening your bolt up there first. It may work, it may not....but it will give you more info to figure this out.

I don't like people spending money unless they want, or need to (unnecessarily)

Users who are viewing this thread