Rear tie rods. who's are you using. Why? how long

masterjr33

Established Member
Looking at doing the FTBR bushings kit. a LPW rear diff cover. Figured id change out the rear tie rods while in there.
I see a total of 3 options.
MM's.
FTBR
and kenny brown.

can anyone relate their experiences with any of these. or why they chose the ones they picked?
is there any other option im looking at.

did you do inner and outter replacements or just the inner or just the outer? how long have you had them?
are you lowered? did you set the bumpsteer curve? who set it?
any specs on your bumpsteer setting and how it feels?

Thanks in advance.

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
They're pretty much all the same. As long as you have spherical joints on both ends, you're good to go. I have Maximum motorsports' kit on my car. Works great.

I did not set a bumpsteer curve. I just had the alignment shop use it to set toe like they normally would. I have the complete FTBR kit along with the MM bumpsteer kit and the car hooks and pulls dead straight.

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
I have MM only bc I wanted to match my front bumpsteer kit....I have there full comp kit they sell

Last edited:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
MM here along with the full upper/Lower Delrin bushing etc..

03cobraracer

Established Member
I have a set of Pauls high performance full inner/outer setup with spherical ends. Haven't installed them yet since I'm not in the country but they seem well built. Got them from a buddy's car he had no complaints.

94slowbra1

Established Member
I'm using the full MM ones. Decided on these because I was placing a big order with them and just added to the cart. Well built and seem to do the job. Haven't set the bump curve yet, have the gage sitting in the garage waiting

SlowSVT

Established Member
When you consider the toe link bars are what's holding the rear wheels toe setting and what forces it will be subjected to during breaking and acceleration and look how wimpy the stock bar looks you will appreciate the aftermarket ones.

Get the FTBR bars :coolman:

masterjr33

Established Member
im looking at the FTBR. least expensive. just wondering if one offered better joints. or aluminum vs steel rods or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread