Rebecca runs 10.000 @ 138 in Rouscharged 2011 5.0L

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We were out at the track a few weeks ago with the 2011 5.0L automatic, dialing in some new suspension parts, everything came together and Rebecca ran a 10.000 at over 138 MPH. The 60’ time was a 1.436. She had many other 10.0x passes.

Video:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_LI816xU7o"]YouTube - Rebecca Starkey runs 10.000 @ 138 in VMP Rouscharged 2011 5.0L Mustang GT[/nomedia]

osw%20runs%20best%202-13-11.jpg

Since the last outing, we installed a PST carbon fiber driveshaft. This dropped the weight about 7lbs over the one piece steel PST shaft. This is on top of almost 20lbs we lost getting rid of the stock shaft.

pstCFyokesm.jpg

We had also just installed a set of Afco double adjustable shocks in an attempt to get control of the rear end, they helped immensely.

afcoDA275.jpg

The car 60 fts really well for just having J&M LCAs, relocation brackets, stock torque converter, and stock t-lok. We haven’t even messed with the UCA yet.

osw%20launch%202-13-11.jpg

You can see how violent the launches are from this shot, the body twists all up, the low end of the TVS and the stock converter make for a very hard hitting combo.

We drove the car to and from the track, the M&Hs were down to the cord, so we will be looking for new tires soon.

The car has been getting progressively quicker, but we’ve just been doing little things here and there. The engine, trans, and torque converter are still totally stock. We have a 72mm pulley on the blower, through the stock airbox it makes 11-12psi, we’re pushing the stock fuel system pretty hard so we only run it with 110 or 112 race gas in this trim. If it had an upgraded fuel system I would not be afraid of pump gas though. Tune tweaks, suspension tweaks, good cool air this time of year in FL, etc, have all resulted in a well dialed in combo.

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
Wow congrats! Any noticeable nvh noises or harmonic vibrations from the PST CF driveshaft for daily driving or 120+mph?

Last edited:

kevinp

Established Member
Thats awesome, especially that 60 foot on a stock converter.

Different rear springs will help a lot on controlling the rear, the stockers are like sponges. I put the Roush springs in the rear and the car doesnt squat and point to the sky anymore like the stock springs. Only lowered the rear by about 3/4 of an inch and doesnt change the ride that much..

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmmm

LOL with those 60ft times I think there doing something right.

Thats awesome, especially that 60 foot on a stock converter.

Different rear springs will help a lot on controlling the rear, the stockers are like sponges. I put the Roush springs in the rear and the car doesnt squat and point to the sky anymore like the stock springs. Only lowered the rear by about 3/4 of an inch and doesnt change the ride that much..

kevinp

Established Member
LOL with those 60ft times I think there doing something right.

Sure, but I have been 1.19 60 foots with stock suspension cars on 275 radials so I've been around. Stock springs on these are very soft..

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Nope, the boys were with us, the seats were in. After that run, I said, "Start taking stuff out of the car!" But, the track and weather were gone, so no such luck.

Well damn, I look forward to seeing a nine second slip soon!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
WOW!! Congrats to VMP for a fantastic combo, and I bet Roush is loving the publicity as well!!

Users who are viewing this thread