Rebecca runs 10.000 @ 138 in Rouscharged 2011 5.0L

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Nice runs, but 1.4's on a stock converter???

I'd probably call ATI and tell them to quit telling people your testing a converter for them.

That's what I heard anyway. If not, my apoligies.

Last edited:

wbt

Banned
Nice runs, but 1.4's on a stock converter???

I'd probably call ATI and tell them to quit telling people your testing a converter for them.

That's what I heard anyway. If not, my apoligies.

I'd probably stop posting bullshit unless you had concrete proof before making an accusation.

;-)

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'd probably stop posting bullshit unless you had concrete proof before making an accusation.

;-)

only the owner of the car knows 100%. I was told by another vendor and a couple of magazine people that the car had an ATI in it.

The vendor said they were contacted by ATI because ATI saw they were selling the circle D. They wanted their converter sold there as well and said that VMP had been testing their converter with good success.

I haven't called ATI myself so who knows.

My car doesn't 60' near that well, but it's a centrifical, and i don't expect it too.

Take Chris Cruz's car though. He has a whipple making 10.6 or so psi, and running 10.16@138mph. His 60's are in the low to mid 1.5's, and that is with a circle d converter installed.

I was told this car had a converter put in it weeks ago, before this e.t. was ever posted. Again, only they know for sure.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Beefcake, you can apologize in person at the track. Come say hi, Rebecca will take you for a ride in the car.

At some point we may try a converter, and will consider all brands, but right now the car has a stock one.

Additionally, the coverage of the car in 5.0 Magazine reflects the modifications accurately. There will be an article coming out shortly that shows the recent addition of LT headers.

Cris Cruz's car = different blower.

kevinp

Established Member
only the owner of the car knows 100%. I was told by another vendor and a couple of magazine people that the car had an ATI in it.

The vendor said they were contacted by ATI because ATI saw they were selling the circle D. They wanted their converter sold there as well and said that VMP had been testing their converter with good success.

I haven't called ATI myself so who knows.

My car doesn't 60' near that well, but it's a centrifical, and i don't expect it too.

Take Chris Cruz's car though. He has a whipple making 10.6 or so psi, and running 10.16@138mph. His 60's are in the low to mid 1.5's, and that is with a circle d converter installed.

I was told this car had a converter put in it weeks ago, before this e.t. was ever posted. Again, only they know for sure.

ATI would be embarrassed to brag about a 1.4x 60 foot in a 138 mph car. I ran ATI converters for years, a 138mph car with the right converter and a good hook should be running 9.70s and cutting mid 1.3s.

I just ran mine today in horrible track conditions and cut a 1.59 60 foot with stock gears and converter and 18" drag radials. I'll post another thread with videos and mods. Feel free to call me a bullshitter because I dont care, I'm not selling anything, but Justin is trying to make a living and rumors hurt people's business.

RebeccaS

Established Member
The one thing that I have maintained about the auto and the TVS blower is the fact that the positive displacement blower has really complimented the stock converter nicely. The quote in the article on my car in 5.0 Mustang basically says this verbatim.

As for the owner of the car being the only one to know 100%, that may be true (and I do know 100% that there is a stock converter in the car), but I have NOTHING to hide. In multiple places I have everything done to the car listed. I will continue to be as forthcoming with information as I have always been. Neither Justin nor myself like or want to withhold information; we've both been into Mustangs for 10 years, and they are both our livelihood and our hobby. We want to continue to see the sport grow.

cmarks456

Established Member
WOW! As charlie sheen would say "WINNING!". I saw this car run at brandenton on Saturday and this car launches like a bat out of hell! And Rebecca's burnouts are second to none! :banana: Congrats.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
One follow up. What length size is the right one for the 5.0? or do I have to measure my car?

If your supension is totally stock, i have the right measurement on file for your car. If you have messed with control arms or pinion angle then you may want to take a measurement to verify. All the PST shafts are built to order to ensure correct length.

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
If your supension is totally stock, i have the right measurement on file for your car. If you have messed with control arms or pinion angle then you may want to take a measurement to verify. All the PST shafts are built to order to ensure correct length.

wow. that is a unique onto itself. Suspension is usually a multi stage upgrade.

my 1st phase was going to be FRPP Adjustable damper suspension pack(which lowers 1"), lower control arms and relocation kit.

And later down the line chassis stiffening from co's like bmr.

Maybe i should wait to put the pst on last?

GTtoSVT

Established Member
I was at the Bradenton event this weekend and saw the vmp car, very very unassuming..love it. I also met Justin and Rebecca, very cool people.

Thanks for the T shirt Justin :-D

-Brian

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
wow. that is a unique onto itself. Suspension is usually a multi stage upgrade.

my 1st phase was going to be FRPP Adjustable damper suspension pack(which lowers 1"), lower control arms and relocation kit.

And later down the line chassis stiffening from co's like bmr.

Maybe i should wait to put the pst on last?

Just depends on what route you go, and there is probably more variability in the chassis than there is in the suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread