Rebuild bolt question

LS-WHAT

why-try
Established Member
having to rebuild the engine, and my question for u guys that have already done so is that I have heard that most of the bolts from ford are one time torq bolts and need to be replaced. upon the rebuild, is this true? its a budget build if there is such a thing ...lol and I was adding up just the cost of bolts and they are adding up very quickly. whitch I know is cheap insurance but just interested to hear what u all have done with your rebuilds and bolts. also what do u think about the chains and timming gears and stuff is this a must replace as well? thx for any help.

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
I would, then again I overbuild as I don't want issues in the future.

In addition, if you're skimping on replacing bolts you can't afford the build in the first place.

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Am I gunna tell you to reuse your OEM bearing cap, cam, balancer, head and possibly rod bolts? No

If they were ARP studs and bolts I would say "yes"

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
You should not even entertain the idea of reusing stock tty bolts, or even replacing them with new. Do your 'budget' build right and save up for the ARP main studs, rod bolts, head studs, cam bolts/washers, and a billet oil pump. You have a 700+ HP car with the spray, don't skimp. Make sure you have the good metal primary timing chain tensioners and there is no problem reusing the cam gears and chains. I'd recommend a custom piston with a very thick top ring land. I personally recommend JE Pistons.

Users who are viewing this thread