Rebuilding Motor Need Help

32ValveStang

Established Member
Hey guys so I need some help on what else I should do when rebuilding Motor. I have a 2.1 non intercooled kb I'm going to be throwing back on since it came when I bought it. So I'm thinking forged internals pistons rods, arp head stubs, I'll be buying the head cooling mod, buying some db heads that "cool" better? ‍♂️I already have a t56 magnum, aluminum driveshaft, meth kit, sra, 80 pound inj, kb bap. Is there anything I should add? Or any insite would be greatly appreciated.

cobracide

Established Member
A nice valve job on the heads if you can swing it just to clean them up a bit maybe.. IRS Cover or brace. That's all I can think of right now. Sounds like you have done your homework.

Last edited:

32ValveStang

Established Member
A nice valve job on the heads if you can swing it just to clean them up a bit maybe.. IRS Cover or brace. That's all I can think of right now. Sounds like you have done your homework.
the heads were used so those will be getting work done to them also . and i have a live axle in rear, you think i may need a new maf since ill probably boosting it a tad bit more?

96dreamer

Established Member
I would modify the timing chain tensioners by grinding a few teeth off the ratchet, billet tensioner arms and modified passenger side secondary tensioner. Also upgrade the oil pump with either a melling unit or billet gears in a 3v housing.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I would talk to your tuner about the maf

if you're doing a bunch of work to the timing and tensioner stuff might want to consider upgrading the dowel size.

I cant remember if all the DB threads were 9 thread heads, if not and you're concerned about it now would be the time to do lock n stitch inserts.

With the ARP stuff remember they have more of a standard line up and then the 2000s being the upgrade.

just fyi I see a LOT of bitching about availability of pretty much everything - bearings, rods and pistons.

CobraSam

Established Member
Is this a 03/04 cobra 4.6? If so, why upgrade rods?
Also, I recently went with Boundary oil pump gears in a 3v Ford Racing pump with a steel backing. Really nice quality.
Might as well throw on a Stewart EMP water pump as well.
And the upgraded Ford metal timing chain tensioners as well.Good value.

32ValveStang

Established Member
Is this a 03/04 cobra 4.6? If so, why upgrade rods?
Also, I recently went with Boundary oil pump gears in a 3v Ford Racing pump with a steel backing. Really nice quality.
Might as well throw on a Stewart EMP water pump as well.
And the upgraded Ford metal timing chain tensioners as well.Good value.
It's a 2001 with a teskid block.

32ValveStang

Established Member
OK another quick question:as far as fuel systems go, which should I go with because I'm sure the stock fuel pump and return won't be efficient enough for 600+ hp. Also which fuel lines should I go with

01yellercobra

Established Member
Look into Fore Innovations. They sell kits for our cars.

You can make a returnless system work at 600hp, but a return style is less of a headache in the end. And you can set yourself up with some room to grow for future mods.

32ValveStang

Established Member
Look into Fore Innovations. They sell kits for our cars.

You can make a returnless system work at 600hp, but a return style is less of a headache in the end. And you can set yourself up with some room to grow for future mods.
I'll have the shop check into them. Anything else I should have done or get mean while it's there?

Users who are viewing this thread