Rebuilding The Terminated Cobra1FAFP48Y43F309694

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Man. To be young and optimistic again before the real world crushes your soul and makes you feed kids.

You really should listen to the advice of those older and wiser than you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
What are the specs on the cam, what stage port, and what size pulley.

Comp Cams Stage 3 Xtreme Energy-R Supercharged/Nitrous 238/240 Hydraulic Roller Camshaft​

Port stage, not sure
Pulley also unsure.
My goal is around 700whp
I'd think I'd have to upgrade from the stock m112 and go to something bigger.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member

Comp Cams Stage 3 Xtreme Energy-R Supercharged/Nitrous 238/240 Hydraulic Roller Camshaft​

Port stage, not sure
Pulley also unsure.
My goal is around 700whp
I'd think I'd have to upgrade from the stock m112 and go to something bigger.
700w isn’t happening with an Eaton nor without E85.

The formula for 700w can be found anywhere on here or the googles. It’s simple. Stock engine, bigger blower of your choice, return style fuel system, E85.

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
700w isn’t happening with an Eaton nor without E85.

The formula for 700w can be found anywhere on here or the googles. It’s simple. Stock engine, bigger blower of your choice, return style fuel system, E85.
So with E85 what's a good number to expect 600whp?
E85
Ported blower
Cams
Tune
I'm not an expert on this stuff.

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
So with E85 what's a good number to expect 600whp?
E85
Ported blower
Cams
Tune
I'm not an expert on this stuff.
Get the car running first. 600w i doubt will happen with an Eaton even with cams and E. I could be wrong. Just get it running first in stockish form. Being young means you have time...take your time...

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
Get the car running first. 600w i doubt will happen with an Eaton even with cams and E. I could be wrong. Just get it running first in stockish form. Being young means you have time...take your time...
True and thoes are more long term goals, I'd rather not have to rebuild it twice because I start at 700 hp. If you catch what I'm saying. Considering I drive a 215 hp station wagon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221019-102652_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221019-102652_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 69

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
True and thoes are more long term goals, I'd rather not have to rebuild it twice because I start at 700 hp. If you catch what I'm saying. Considering I drive a 215 hp station wagon.
Again, the 700w recipe is well known. Same for 500, 600, 800+. Do some research and be willing to spend money if you want 700w. It won't happen with an Eaton.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Perks of only having 1 mouth to feed.
More money for car parts.
Even if you had zero mouths to feed the way you're going about this is insane. With no mouths to feed you're 8k dollar "custom wiring" is stupid to be very blunt.

You're either the ultimate troll or have the common sense of a pair of socks.

cobracide

Established Member
Even if you had zero mouths to feed the way you're going about this is insane. With no mouths to feed you're 8k dollar "custom wiring" is stupid to be very blunt.

You're either the ultimate troll or have the common sense of a pair of socks.

Who the fk pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

cj428mach

Established Member
Id sell those cams and put that money towards other parts. Actually those parts you got a good deal on I'd flip those as well. Build a pile of cash and look for that wrecked terminator donor car.

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
Id sell those cams and put that money towards other parts. Actually those parts you got a good deal on I'd flip those as well. Build a pile of cash and look for that wrecked terminator donor car.
I don't have the cams yet and I have been watching for a donor car however I'd rather build the drivetrain up myself as some can have some underlying issues. But il be watching for a crashed roller for some of the bigger things.
While flipping the parts I have wouldn't be a bad idea, I'd rather sell non Cobra related things that I have gotten and use that money instead.

cj428mach

Established Member
I don't have the cams yet and I have been watching for a donor car however I'd rather build the drivetrain up myself as some can have some underlying issues. But il be watching for a crashed roller for some of the bigger things.
While flipping the parts I have wouldn't be a bad idea, I'd rather sell non Cobra related things that I have gotten and use that money instead.

I get the wanting to do things right the first time as I despise rework, but I also realize how many people never complete projects like this because they shoot for the stars and wait for everything to be perfect.

If you could scrounge up 10-12k you might be able to buy a higher Mileage donor or sneak up on a deal. You may be able to get everything you need to finish this car in a donor and be only all the hours of labor away from hearing it run.

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
I get the wanting to do things right the first time as I despise rework, but I also realize how many people never complete projects like this because they shoot for the stars and wait for everything to be perfect.

If you could scrounge up 10-12k you might be able to buy a higher Mileage donor or sneak up on a deal. You may be able to get everything you need to finish this car in a donor and be only all the hours of labor away from hearing it run.
The perfect donor would be a totaled car from something like a side or roll over. Something that would be impossible to repair. If it wasn't I'd probably end up trying to fix the donor car too. If I got a donor I'd swap stuff over drive it then work on building a second motor to put In it. A donor with a good front clip would help.

Users who are viewing this thread