Rebuilding The Terminated Cobra1FAFP48Y43F309694

cj428mach

Established Member
“He’s got brand new windshield wipers, for a busted windshield”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
And I think he was going to go with a standalone ECU and tube front end. It'll have the aero wipers though.

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
8D28FA50-AE3F-487E-8ABB-FD5A001239DB.jpeg

term1991

Okay I’ve read this entire post and I have to chime in. You need to listen to the older wiser people, you think you know everything and you don’t. This entire tread is all over the place. You say all it takes is money and money can’t go to the grave with you but you realize what makes money? Your time, which is something you will never ever get back. This car will take away your entire 20s, maybe even half of your 30s just paying for it, with time working for money. Your time is worth the most in this entire world, and this car is not worth 10+ years of income. You need to focus on school and making as much money as possible, all while being happy. Take it as this: you work hard, learn a skill that is in HIGH demand, triple your income, this will actually be easier to do than rebuild this car, then when you are making $30-$40, that’s the time silly projects like this can make any financial sense. By the time you are realizing the value of a dollar, you will see that this is just plain silly, and then you will buy a good example of a cobra. Again your priorities should be, school, career, house, income, then toys. If you don’t do this you life will be very hard for you. I didn’t do things perfect either, I am 31. But let me tell you from experience that you what I’m saying is very important. Imagine paying $1,300 for rent right now. Now imagine that being $2,000 in 7 years. Then in another 7 years that being $2,500. That is exactly what is going to happen. The sooner you finish school, get a good career and get a house, the better your life will be going forward for toys like this.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Okay I’ve read this entire post and I have to chime in. You need to listen to the older wiser people, you think you know everything and you don’t. This entire tread is all over the place. You say all it takes is money and money can’t go to the grave with you but you realize what makes money? Your time, which is something you will never ever get back. This car will take away your entire 20s, maybe even half of your 30s just paying for it, with time working for money. Your time is worth the most in this entire world, and this car is not worth 10+ years of income. You need to focus on school and making as much money as possible, all while being happy. Take it as this: you work hard, learn a skill that is in HIGH demand, triple your income, this will actually be easier to do than rebuild this car, then when you are making $30-$40, that’s the time silly projects like this can make any financial sense. By the time you are realizing the value of a dollar, you will see that this is just plain silly, and then you will buy a good example of a cobra. Again your priorities should be, school, career, house, income, then toys. If you don’t do this you life will be very hard for you. I didn’t do things perfect either, I am 31. But let me tell you from experience that you what I’m saying is very important. Imagine paying $1,300 for rent right now. Now imagine that being $2,000 in 7 years. Then in another 7 years that being $2,500. That is exactly what is going to happen. The sooner you finish school, get a good career and get a house, the better your life will be going forward for toys like this.

Well stated, but as far as OP listening, I think most of us "older, wisers", took this earlier exit.
It is the internet after all.

19127660-C538-492C-B376-797C44DB8630.jpeg

dan1982

Established Member
the guys encouraging him (from presumably their moms basement where they still live at 35yrs old) should be ashamed.. this is a bad idea. If he wants to tinker and STILL go fast... buy a crotch rocket and have a blast and LEARN a new skill. the right way. Bikes are dirt cheap and a nitrous hayabusa would be the most fun ... buck for buck. Take a motorcycle safety course and get involved in the hobby.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
the guys encouraging him (from presumably their moms basement where they still live at 35yrs old) should be ashamed.. this is a bad idea. If he wants to tinker and STILL go fast... buy a crotch rocket and have a blast and LEARN a new skill. the right way. Bikes are dirt cheap and a nitrous hayabusa would be the most fun ... buck for buck. Take a motorcycle safety course and get involved in the hobby.
You’re scorning the people who encouraged him to blow money on that car but you’re encouraging blowing money on a motorcycle and nitrous? This is almost as ridiculous a suggestion. The issue is not a cheaper way to go fast, the issue is establishing himself in life and being prepared to take on a cost burden of ‘toy’ ownership.

Users who are viewing this thread