Recent pic of GT500 Vert

Trublu01

Established Member
New Hood!

gt500_vert.jpg

projekZERO

Werd
Established Member
man that think looks boring. the unpainted mirrors and rockers make it look cheap, i hate that the rockers arent painted, makes the front and rear look out of place. like somethins missin. and the spoiler doesnt look great either, i much prefer the foose. the hood still sux. the only thing that realy sets it off from a gt is the front bumper. and frankly thats just not enough.

take off the gt500 "stickers" and nobody would know u have a shelby.

there realy screwing this thing up.

im sure the performance will be there however.

i guess instead of terminator owners spendin there money to make there car faster

shelby owners will be spendin on makin that thing look better

cause its a turd.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
eh..looks like they slapped 2 painted K+N panel air filters on the hood. doesnt get me going at all..ill take the engine and toss it my car tho :D

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
And....

Its "ONLY" 150lbs. heavier than the 3850lb est. Coupe. How can they do it? :rollseyes

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i think it looks pretty good my self. the hood needs to be more agressive and the other front fascia needs to go back on but otherwise it doesnt look to bad. i think it looks much better with unpainted rockers and mirrors. the rear spoiler looks ok but it needs to be a lot smoother instead of slapped-on looking.

but what all seperated the 03/04 cobras from the GTs? badges, a hood, fog lamps, and cobra on the rear fascia? so why are people saying this is like the GT all of a sudden? it has the hood, front/rear fascia(i think those ones are different), rockers, badges, and the striping.

buddha93

Established Member
Was there ever really any doubt they would build the hood that way? I know everyone was really hoping for the functional hood, but that's how they've done them since the SN cars.

As far as the mirrors and rockers are concerned, I personally can deal with them.

Can't wait to see one in person to make my final judgement.

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Looks like asssss! Ive seen more aggressive 05 mustang gt's
What a shame. The rear looks like pure crap :( ...and the unpainted f-150 mirrors really makes it look tacky and plain. Nothing too sporty about this fellas. Whats with the hood? Should have kept the indented scoops like the Terminators???

Now the Cobra unveiled this past March in New York.... WOW...now that was nasty lookin.... Gave me goosebumps.

SVT should know better than 2 half ass a legend such as the Cobra.... :nono:

Last edited:

rmgtc01

Established Member
The only agressiveness is in the front..(i.e. hood, fascia, etc. ) The sides and rear look like a flat azz! Definitely going to see a big demand for body kits. I hope vendors read this and get ahead of the market.

Trublu01

Established Member
Looks like a GT? 03/04 Cobra, different bumpers-check, different drivetrain-check, different interior-check, different badging-check. Ok the mirrors are not painted. Hood is functional but for cooling purposes. 5.4's put out lots of heat.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Trublu01 said:
Looks like a GT? 03/04 Cobra, different bumpers-check, different drivetrain-check, different interior-check, different badging-check. Ok the mirrors are not painted. Hood is functional but for cooling purposes. 5.4's put out lots of heat.

+1. WYSIWYG. Make mine black, white, or silver (bright silver at that). :burnout:
Still hoping those GTR tail lights make it in LED form...

PJM99

Established Member
looks too plain for my tastes. I'm not impressed anymore.

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
ugly as fugg!

Ditto, this car does not grab me right now at all. I think I will put my extra money into an aluminum block build up with a whipple and a 75 shot. I like the 03-04 too much to give it up for something I only half heartedly like. Blaaaah

Users who are viewing this thread