Red Light Camera Ticket, LA/West Hollywood

90Mustang

Established Member
Well it looks like I didn't quite make it through the light in time. I'm curious if anyone knows about the Los Angeles/ West Hollywood Red Light Cameras? I received a ticket for this through the mail yesterday. $490.00, ouch.. Some of the cameras have been shut off in LA. But it looks like West Hollywood is still running their cameras. I've read numerous articles like:
R.I.P. Los Angeles Red-Light Camera Tickets: What This Means for the Rest of the County - Los Angeles - News - The Informer

stating:
If you are issued a red-light camera ticket in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Culver City, Inglewood, Hawthorne or any other municipality within L.A. County, it will be processed by the L.A. Superior Court. And if you ignore that ticket cold-turkey -- no contact whatsoever -- the court will send you, or whoever is the registered owner of the vehicle, scary mail. If you continue not responding, you'll start getting even scarier collections letters from GC Services. But if you ignore those, your ticket will be tucked away in the court's internal files.
As far as Ellison knows, the violation will not show up on your credit report or DMV record. So your insurance company has no way of seeing it, either.

Any thoughts on this? Sounds sketchy

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I have no legal opinion or help, but DAMN that's a huge fine! I got nailed by a red light camera once when turning through an intersection, it was only $70.

oldmodman

Established Member
Is your face clearly visible in the picture?

Yes, Pay.

No, Don't pay

Perhaps you were dining at a fine eatery and some despicable valet took your car out to get a six pack of Brew 102. :-D (could happen)

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
490....holy crap. Its under 200 down here(FL). anyway, these are getting fought everywhere, so go ahead and get a traffic lawyer

Users who are viewing this thread