Refusing search?

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
You are correct, I am a mall cop.

You guys can't be serious. Question for other officers here, do you really just take no for an answer? I find that so hard to believe.

images

Guizá

Established Member
When I'm 21, I will be openly carrying everywhere I can, and concealing everywhere else when able. I have major trust issues with people.

I would not have a problem telling an officer I am carrying a firearm and showing him the proper items to prove my carrying permit is valid. This would be in the best interest of me and the officer.

On a side note, I don't see why the officers give such a hard time when somebody refuses a search. I guess they think they are entitled to it? I can't see how it's that irritating. Also, there's perfect logic in not wanting to be held liable for whatever is in a car that is not yours. Also, who knows what the previous owner hid in there and never took out prior to selling the car.
There is nothing wrong with that. If everything is legit, you will zero problems. You letting the officer know is very good. I don't view refusal as a challenge to my authority, which it is not. The citizen is just exercising their 4th amendment rights. I never trick or pressure someone into giving up their right to refuse an unwarranted search. Around here where I work 99.9% of the time when I ask to search, I have probable cause.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
There is nothing wrong with that. If everything is legit, you will zero problems. You letting the officer know is very good. I don't view refusal as a challenge to my authority, which it is not. The citizen is just exercising their 4th amendment rights. I never trick or pressure someone into giving up their right to refuse an unwarranted search. Around here where I work 99.9% of the time when I ask to search, I have probable cause.

If you want to post as a LEO on here you must confirm that you are, in fact, a LEO.

And by judging from the "flex their rights" comment. I hope you're just trolling. :nonono:

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
You guys can't be serious. Question for other officers here, do you really just take no for an answer? I find that so hard to believe.

If someone says no to a search, then yes, you have to take it. Then you move on to plan B.

I don't view refusal as a challenge to my authority, which it is not. The citizen is just exercising their 4th amendment rights. I never trick or pressure someone into giving up their right to refuse an unwarranted search.

Contradiction much?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
You are correct, I am a mall cop.

If you are claiming to be a LEO you need to be verified, per SVTP rules, so pm me your info.

Guizá

Established Member
Why should I be banned? I go weeks without logging on here at times. And for what? For messing with that one guy, come on what it this kindergarden. Did I mention his mother? Did I call him any names? I haven't broken any rules.

This is how it is around here. Like it or not. You guys should give it a shot. Lapd is always hiring, high school diploma and some sorta drive is all you need. Request Southeast after you graduate and then come tell me about it.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Why should I be banned? I go weeks without logging on here at times. And for what? For messing with that one guy, come on what it this kindergarden. Did I mention his mother? Did I call him any names? I haven't broken any rules.

This is how it is around here. Like it or not. You guys should give it a shot. Lapd is always hiring, high school diploma and some sorta drive is all you need. Request Southeast after you graduate and then come tell me about it.

which mall should we look for you at?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
So are you really a sworn LEO, or just some glorified babysitter at the courthouse?
he is a glorified babysitter at the courthouse. His company apparently has the contract to watch the door.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Wonder if he gets to carry the latest and greatest that NERF has to offer?

Users who are viewing this thread