Refusing search?

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
BS, you are not a sworn LEO. No one refers to their agency/dept as their "company."

Say what? Adam, you're crazy! All of us sworn guys call our departments a "company". Come 'on, get with the program. It's the latest left coast craze, man. :poke:

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Say what? Adam, you're crazy! All of us sworn guys call our departments a "company". Come 'on, get with the program. It's the latest left coast craze, man. :poke:

He reminds of the guy who claimed he was a Federal Agent with ICE and when his answers didnt add up it I called him out. Guess what he was a non-sworn subcontractor guard at KROME Immigration Detention facility. No badge and more importantly no creds.

Guizá

Established Member
BS, you are not a sworn LEO. No one refers to their agency/dept as their "company."
Yeah maybe the State Troopers in the Vermont, I could careless. If I was gonna lie about what I do for a living. I probably would have gone with Lead Electrcal Engineer for ExxonMobil.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Yeah maybe the State Troopers in the Vermont, I could careless. If I was gonna lie about what I do for a living. I probably would have gone with Lead Electrcal Engineer for ExxonMobil.

Put your money where your mouth is. PM FordSvtFan and prove you're a LEO.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

Regardless, if you are a sworn LEO you must submit to verification or refrain from posting such as you are clearing misleading members.

In no state is a LE agency/dept referred to as the company.

Guaranteed you are some sort of non sworn subcontractor at best.

Adrian did you finally graduate from rio hondo community college?

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
Guiza, can you just be straight forward and tell us your position/job title/employer? I don't feel like going through the entire thread again, so I may be wrong, but I don't believe you said straight up what you do, you just kind of alluded to it.

Thanks

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Guiza, can you just be straight forward and tell us your position/job title/employer? I don't feel like going through the entire thread again, so I may be wrong, but I don't believe you said straight up what you do, you just kind of alluded to it.

Thanks

He won't because everyone will laugh at him for trying to hide the truth

Sent from my phone whilst taking a massive

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Interesting read at the least.

I'm not a big fan of of infringing on personal liberties, but it's not a pretty picture. When I was working 2nd shift I'd get out real late, and often stop somewhere on the way home, maybe get something to eat and have it in my car. On a few occasions a cop (county sheriff) would pull up, ask me what I was doing and tell me to get out while he ran my information. (Sidenote: You'd think someone parked outside a fast food place eating wouldn't be terribly suspicious.) Both times he asked "Can I search your car?" I told him "I'm not required to give you permission, am I?" Keep in mind I had nothing to hide, I just wanted to get home. The response I got put it into perspective. "Well you can either let me search it now, or you can wait for backup to get here and we can do it the hard way. Do you have anything to hide?" Of course I answered "No." and let him rifle through my car. Over 45 min after he first approached me he let me go after finding absolutely nothing. What really ticked me off was I have a roadside emergency kit packed neatly in a box, and I had to pack everything back up.

The second time I wised up and just let him go to town right off the bat. At least that time I didn't have to re-pack my roadside kit. Although this guy was more of a pain. He first pulled me over at about midnight because "It's awfully late for you to be out." when I was heading to McDonalds. He didn't search, just ran plates and sent me on my way. He actually waited for me to pass him on the way back to pull me over again and verify I had actually gotten McDonalds food, then search my car. :dw:

As sad as it is, it's just more convenient to let them.

Last edited:

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
What would "doing it the hard way" be?

Wouldn't it make the cop that made the stop and called for backup look like an ass when he went through all the trouble without probable cause and didn't find anything?

Sounds like they need more to do if they are stopping people for being out to late.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
What would "doing it the hard way" be?

Wouldn't it make the cop that made the stop and called for backup look like an ass when he went through all the trouble without probable cause and didn't find anything?

Sounds like they need more to do if they are stopping people for being out to late.

Yes, and rightfully so.

txyaloo

Established Member

I'm not a big fan of of infringing on personal liberties, but it's not a pretty picture. When I was working 2nd shift I'd get out real late, and often stop somewhere on the way home, maybe get something to eat and have it in my car. On a few occasions a cop (county sheriff) would pull up, ask me what I was doing and tell me to get out while he ran my information. (Sidenote: You'd think someone parked outside a fast food place eating wouldn't be terribly suspicious.) Both times he asked "Can I search your car?" I told him "I'm not required to give you permission, am I?" Keep in mind I had nothing to hide, I just wanted to get home. The response I got put it into perspective. "Well you can either let me search it now, or you can wait for backup to get here and we can do it the hard way. Do you have anything to hide?" Of course I answered "No." and let him rifle through my car. Over 45 min after he first approached me he let me go after finding absolutely nothing. What really ticked me off was I have a roadside emergency kit packed neatly in a box, and I had to pack everything back up.

The second time I wised up and just let him go to town right off the bat. At least that time I didn't have to re-pack my roadside kit. Although this guy was more of a pain. He first pulled me over at about midnight because "It's awfully late for you to be out." when I was heading to McDonalds. He didn't search, just ran plates and sent me on my way. He actually waited for me to pass him on the way back to pull me over again and verify I had actually gotten McDonalds food, then search my car. :dw:

If it was the same officer each time, is there some reason you never filed a complaint with his department?

average guy

Established Member

:??:Better to be complacent- even submissive rather than tick off Sheriff McTool:nonono: If a cop really didn't need your permission and suspected something, do you really think they would ask?

Contrary to popular belief, cops aren't looking out for your best interest when you are suspected of wrongdoing:poke:They are upholding the law and most will understand if you are courteous & respectful. Catch an attitude or start dropping amendment/lawyer crap, well game on in many cases.

TV & movies do a lot to ruin their image. On a another note, are you sure letting officers search your car is such a great idea? All it takes is one friend, family member, acquaintance, or anyone that has ever been in your car to leave something behind. Hope you regularly clean your car.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
:??:Better to be complacent- even submissive rather than tick off Sheriff McTool:nonono: If a cop really didn't need your permission and suspected something, do you really think they would ask?

Contrary to popular belief, cops aren't looking out for your best interest when you are suspected of wrongdoing:poke:They are upholding the law and most will understand if you are courteous & respectful. Catch an attitude or start dropping amendment/lawyer crap, well game on in many cases.

TV & movies do a lot to ruin their image. On a another note, are you sure letting officers search your car is such a great idea? All it takes is one friend, family member, acquaintance, or anyone that has ever been in your car to leave something behind. Hope you regularly clean your car.

Luckilly, I don't have friends, family, acqaintances or anyone else in my car who would leave anything behind I would be forced to explain to anyone. :dw:

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member

Sheriff McTool huh? :bored: Is that your way of being courteous and respectful? :bash:

lol at people leaving things in your car....You might not want to associate with dirtbags.

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
My brother refused a search in Kansas once. The officer made him wait 90 minutes (after concluding the speeding stop with a written warning) for a dog. They claim the dog hit on the interior and pulled the car apart, including the headliner, but couldn't find anything. My brother is a military officer, he doesn't do drugs. Funny part is he said when he refused the search the trooper looked at him like he'd sprouted a penis from his forehead. Apparently refusing is rare in Kansas?

I tried to get him to have his friend at Maricopa County run a dog on the car and call the supervisor to see if the search was logged as a false hit but he was moving back to Washington and didn't want to bother.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
If it was the same officer each time, is there some reason you never filed a complaint with his department?

Different officer in the two instances I listed, but one I did encounter a few times. I didn't want to stir up too much trouble. After all it was a small, quiet rural town, hence why they really had nothing better to do. I swear, about 80% of the weekly police blotter was "A person reported a suspicious vehicle/person at ____. Officers found nothing." Plus after the one year of budget cuts they all but disappeared.

My brother refused a search in Kansas once. The officer made him wait 90 minutes (after concluding the speeding stop with a written warning) for a dog. They claim the dog hit on the interior and pulled the car apart, including the headliner, but couldn't find anything. My brother is a military officer, he doesn't do drugs. Funny part is he said when he refused the search the trooper looked at him like he'd sprouted a penis from his forehead. Apparently refusing is rare in Kansas?

:uh oh:
That is exactly the experience I was looking to avoid.

RCRAMIE

Established Member
Sheriff McTool huh? :bored: Is that your way of being courteous and respectful? :bash:

lol at people leaving things in your car....You might not want to associate with dirtbags.

Even another persons prescription medicine left in you car by accident could cause you a lot of legal problems. They don't have to be "dirtbags". Also I don't think just because somebody smoke marijuana it makes them a "dirtbag"

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

average guy

Established Member
*removed by moderator, your continued violations of the Donut Shop policy will not continue* Either post constructively and on topic or not at all. Keep your disdain for L.E.O.s in Smackdown.

Users who are viewing this thread