Refusing search?

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
It's amazing how many of you have had such negative experiences regarding searches of your property - yet with a large family and many, many friends I don't know of a one who has experienced anything remotely similar to what I am reading here. Simply amazing. :shrug:

RCRAMIE

Established Member
It's amazing how many of you have had such negative experiences regarding searches of your property - yet with a large family and many, many friends I don't know of a one who has experienced anything remotely similar to what I am reading here. Simply amazing. :shrug:

You are in a cop forum discussing illegal searches. More chance you will come across people that had negative experience.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

txyaloo

Established Member
Even another persons prescription medicine left in you car by accident could cause you a lot of legal problems. They don't have to be "dirtbags". Also I don't think just because somebody smoke marijuana it makes them a "dirtbag"

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

How many times have you accidentally left your prescriptions in someone else's car? I carry around CII's often, and I'm very aware of where my drugs are. You'd have to be pretty dumb or irresponsible to not.

EvergreenSVT

Established Member

Were you referring to my story?

RCRAMIE

Established Member
How many times have you accidentally left your prescriptions in someone else's car? I carry around CII's often, and I'm very aware of where my drugs are. You'd have to be pretty dumb or irresponsible to not.

I don't have any prescription meds. My comment was somebody could leave them in your car, people do make mistakes.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I don't have any prescription meds. My comment was somebody could leave them in your car, people do make mistakes.

Is this some kind of arrestable offense? Just curious since I occasionally will pick up my wife's prescription meds from the pharmacy. The prescriptions have her name on them.

The pharmacy seems to have no problem giving them to me, so I would imagine this is not illegal.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member

and as long as they are contained in a prescription bottle with the info printed on the label, there generally wont be a problem.

i have found oxy's in ibuprofen bottles and told they were prescription...the girl told me she lost the bottle. in the end, she couldnt provide me a doctors name for verification, or the pharmacy they were prescribed to. she defelected the issue by projecting it on me for being dumb that i couldnt open my magic computer and get the info for her.

she also told me she would have me fired for harrasing her. i guess she meant after shot got out of jail.

Last edited:

RCRAMIE

Established Member
and as long as they are contained in a prescription bottle with the info printed on the label, there generally wont be a problem.

i have found oxy's in ibuprofen bottles and told they were prescription...the girl told me she lost the bottle. in the end, she couldnt provide me a doctors name for verification, or the pharmacy they were prescribed to. she defelected the issue by projecting it on me for being dumb that i couldnt open my magic computer and get the info for her.

she also told me she would have me fired for harrasing her. i guess she meant after shot got out of jail.

I found the same before. I found small personal use size of marijuana before where people claimed it wasn't theirs. Were they telling the truth or not I don't know, once found in the car though, their responsibly for proving its not theirs.

Im just stating it can cause a lot of legal trouble. Best bet is refuse and let them get a warrant or a dog. I don't go by the if I did nothing I have nothing to hide motto. I go by I haven't done anything so you have no reason to search me motto.

average guy

Established Member
I found the same before. I found small personal use size of marijuana before where people claimed it wasn't theirs. Were they telling the truth or not I don't know, once found in the car though, their responsibly for proving its not theirs.

Im just stating it can cause a lot of legal trouble. Best bet is refuse and let them get a warrant or a dog. I don't go by the if I did nothing I have nothing to hide motto. I go by I haven't done anything so you have no reason to search me motto.

Couldn't of been stated better:beer: Remember that you are under no obligation to help anyone build a case against you. Living in this great land, our ancestors fought to preserve certain rights & belief:rockon: I'm not arrogant enough to believe that letting an officer search my car will only result in a have a nice day gesture:poke:

Users who are viewing this thread