Relocation Bracket / LCA Assitance Please

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
OK, I now have the Ford L Springs installed with the Michelin 275/295 Y105 Tire Combo and BMR adjustable panhard. I'm getting used to the feel of the springs which might actually feel less firm than stock to me. I have noticed a slight reduction in acceleration grip and on hard launches a little squat, so the can of worms has been opened and I'm shopping for relocation brackets. With the Ford springs being 1.25" lower in back my goal is to drop the LCA mount 1.25" also. I thought I'd just order the Ford 302s brackets and mount my LCA's in the first hole and that would be it, but apparently the stock LCA's wont fit correctly. The reason I want the Ford brackets is I only want to move the LCA's 1.25" and the Ford brackets are not as long as say the BMR's. I don't have any use for lowering the mount more than 1.25" so the extra length of the BMR is just extra hanging metal for me. Anyway, if I'm using the Ford bracket, what LCA's can I use if I'm utilizing the top hole? I have seen thread's where the Roush and Steeda Billet LCA's would scrape, which I would assume would mean just about any billet arm would. I can understand the Roush issue as they have more material around the mounting point and will also flex more with the rubber bushings, but the Steeda and BMR billets look about the same dimensions.

For reference here is a thread about the Steeda Billets scraping, and that's on the bottom hole, I'm wanting to use the top hole. :)

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?972970-Installed-the-Steeda-Billet-LCA-s

Last edited:

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Hi,

I have had Steeda billet LCA in my Boss and now on the Shelby with zero issues, about a month ago I installed the Whiteline (beefier than BMR, had both side by side to compare) and the car digs perfect now. Hope this helps.

Manuel

BMR Tech

Wondering where you got that the FRPP brackets only drop the LCA 1.25" ?

That doesn't sound accurate to me?

BMR Tech

Hi,

I have had Steeda billet LCA in my Boss and now on the Shelby with zero issues, about a month ago I installed the Whiteline (beefier than BMR, had both side by side to compare) and the car digs perfect now. Hope this helps.

Manuel
Both are similar, as they copied our design...and both are built of the same material. How are you figuring the WL is beefier?

Ky GT500

Established Member
I'm running BMR relocation brackets with my setup and have never scraped/drug anything. I guess if I straddled a speed bump I might drag,,,, been running this setup for a year now and never touched anywhere except front 3 piece splitter.

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Not sure how much the FRPP brackets drop, but it looks to be just a repositioning back to stock angle after a mild drop. It would be nice if the brackets told you the amount of relocation each setting gives you. I'm just not sure if I wanted to put a billet LCA on the top hole on some of these brackets that it would fit and I'd be waiting on parts again. So what I'm asking here is what's a bracket that will be strong, work with the LCA I choose and hang down the least? I also like the bolt in type, even if I later get it welded it. I'm not a drag strip guy, but do push the car hard frequently.

Last edited:

Ky GT500

Established Member
My BMR is bolt in,,can weld later if I want. Lowest hole, most aggressive for launch,,,,middle hole, more for road course to apply power to wheels to come out of a turn and get after it without getting violent.,,,upper hole, probably will never use. The lowest hole is the most fun, car is a beast in the lowest hole. Running the middle currently due to HPDE's that I'm attending. Will go back to lowest hole later.

My BMR bracket.

imagejpg1-18.jpg

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I have them also and have never scraped them. I started off in the upper hole and then moved to the middle hole with frpp lowering springs. I'm now in the lowest hole but my car rides so low my lca angle was almost reversed. I don't know how they could scrape unless you take something at a severe angle.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Both are similar, as they copied our design...and both are built of the same material. How are you figuring the WL is beefier?

Hi Kelly,

Did not know that. I got them installed at BBR and they mentioned that they had compared them both.

Manuel

BMR Tech

Gotcha.

I won't say ours are stronger, but until I see multiple 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 sixties with theirs, bolted on, then I will assume they are.

As for our mounting holes, they are 2", 3" and 4" lower than the OEM Mounting position.

2" is about as close as you can get to the OEM Mount, when using aftermarket brackets, without modifying the OEM bracket.

We do sell our parts in bare finish, for $15 cheaper, if you order direct from us. We are also revising our price on our brackets in a few weeks......so for those who think they hang too low, you could always order them in bare finish....chop off (or have a shop do it) the amount of material that you think you won't need. Coat them, and bolt them on. I actually have many customer who have done that.

1FASFKR

Established Member
BMR adjustable, poly on both ends.

Hmmm, I never saw BMR Adj with poly on both ends when I was looking for them. In fact Kelly said that BMR doesn't make an Adj with poly on both ends. He steered me to UMI LCAs. Bought them and they are top notch.

BMR Tech

Hmmm, I never saw BMR Adj with poly on both ends when I was looking for them. In fact Kelly said that BMR doesn't make an Adj with poly on both ends. He steered me to UMI LCAs. Bought them and they are top notch.

Hey now, I would never recommend a competitors part to someone!

:)

Ky GT500 may have some secret squirrel BMR pieces underneath. Shhh!

1FASFKR

Established Member
Hey now, I would never recommend a competitors part to someone!

:)

Ky GT500 may have some secret squirrel BMR pieces underneath. Shhh!

Ha. Well I did buy the BMR relo's from you bud. The'rey top quality and really are the best option out there imo.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Kelly, If I go with the BMR Relo's can I use the stock LCA's if I use the second position? or do I have to go lower unless I replace the arms?

Edit: Just noticed this on eBay, there is no listing for 13 and14 Mustangs on the BMR Store, just '05-'12. Just something you might want to get updated.

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Hell, I might as well pick out some control arms, I know I'm going to do that next anyway......

Users who are viewing this thread