Remember the old days (of the internet)?

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
There is actually one thing I do actually miss about dialup.
Back then you had to make your searches/browsing count and as a result the internet seemed to go on forever as you'd have to wait on everything to load. Nowadays after less than an hour even on the slowest DSL connection you can hit most of the sites you want to look at, read what's new, and feel like you've reached the end.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
There is actually one thing I do actually miss about dialup.
Back then you had to make your searches/browsing count and as a result the internet seemed to go on forever as you'd have to wait on everything to load. Nowadays after less than an hour even on the slowest DSL connection you can hit most of the sites you want to look at, read what's new, and feel like you've reached the end.

Only the end of what Google wants you to see.

It's amazing how much our world has been restricted too with Google and Facebook and their algorithms.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm plenty old enough Jack, but most likely didn't know anything about it or didn't give a rats ass. Lol

Fair enough, but that was everyone before the internet.

+20 years ago few people cared about computers. Your average teen in 1984 was not glued to an Atari or Commaodore 64. Certainly not in the way they are addicted to Xbox, iPads and Facebook today.

You used to make fun of the pimple faced nerds arguing about DOS or Sega, or Game Boy vs Lynx and all that crap.

Today your odd if you don't own a console or play COD/BF.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Fair enough, but that was everyone before the internet.

+20 years ago few people cared about computers. Your average teen in 1984 was not glued to an Atari or Commaodore 64. Certainly not in the way they are addicted to Xbox, iPads and Facebook today.

You used to make fun of the pimple faced nerds arguing about DOS or Sega, or Game Boy vs Lynx and all that crap.

Today your odd if you don't own a console or play COD/BF.
True, 10 years ago you would be more likely to get a smoke signal from me than a email.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My very first cell phone. I got it in 1995 when I was starting college. It made phone calls, sometimes, and that was it.

fea8558e731013ae0ffc1cd34d56ba2c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread